Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:08 AM

Nigerian Music Na Today Today! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Music Na Today Today! (1002 Views)

Snake Na Oyibo Culture / "DURO" Na Yoruba Be Dis ??? / What Is 'traditional' To The Igbo? | Gịnị Bụ Omẹnàlà Na Ányá Ńdí Ìgbò? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Music Na Today Today! by ChiScoroko(f): 10:07am On Sep 25, 2011
why is it that Nigerian music is now characterized as this new hip hop copycat style that is popular these days . i mean don't get me wrong, i like some of them but i think the youngsters need to incorporate the traditional music into it. I love our different traditional music and i do not want them to die and be replaced by some of these reggetone sounding hiphop nonsense i hear all the time angry. I mean we are Africans and we should represent our culture full throttle and not try to replace with. it really saddens me since I'm in the US and have fully grasped the meaning of my culture and how much i want to keep it alive, i noticed that back home, everyone is trying to adopt these western style which is sooooo wackk to me. when i go to Youtube i usually listen to my oldies and since I'm igbo my oldies include osadebe, Oliver, bright chimezie, morocco maduka, and so on cheesy grin cool, sometimes i listen to timaya and co but i prefer my oldies that really display our culture and make me dance dance dance cheesy cool. i just wish these newbees will incorporate it into the modern music of Nigeria. like ppl in Nigeria don't really appreciate the culture and some even want to abolish a lot of it, but until you live outside Nigeria for soooo long and miss home something terrible, you will get what i mean,

Anyways sha what do think? cheesy and plz only reasonable responses and nothing silly kiss wink,

(1) (Reply)

Hw Much Is to Be Spent By An Averag Man To Perform Traditional Marriage Rite ? / Xxxxxx / British Igbos Quizzed About Their Igbo Knowledge -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.