Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,950 members, 7,873,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:09 AM

FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO (9682 Views)

Maimuna Lami Gogo Shiru Saves Nigeria ₦‎7tn In Litigation, Gets Honoured / Buhari, Outgoing Govs In Last-Minute N3.7tn Contract Bazaar, Appointment Spree / Chinese Loans: How FG Signed Empty Loan Repayment Documents – Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by kelvinovie(m): 12:42pm On May 07, 2023
When Governor Obaserki pointed out the wrong this government was doing by asking the CBN to print money to finance the budget, some fools came after him that it was been political. Now we can see the whole thing playing out. Buhari is a scam, a thief a very corrupt individual .... Some Nigerian fell for his Mr. Integrity nonsense. Osinbajo was used to actualize the scam, both were proving they are poor men by drinking tea with a sachet of milo and milk. Sha... We are not a serious nation, there were unthinkable things Bihari did and got away with, yet we could not learn anything from the nonsense he did. I don't like using the word may god help us, that's a lazy man's word or unserious forks words. God can not be involved in indolence. I rest my case here.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by Babathanks(m): 12:48pm On May 07, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Can you imagine the nonsense question. Is it not your party so you should have the answer.
Everybody knows that Buhari is clueless, supporting tinubu does not mean that you are APC supporter. People like me supported him because I witness is regime in lagos and I know what he did. I hate APC more than you self
Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by ucheorijo: 12:50pm On May 07, 2023
Orijo.com.ng is your #1 stop ONLINE FASHION RETAIL STORE for Original High Street Brands Fashion items & accessories 🥿👞👖👗👜💼 sourced directly from 🇬🇧 down to 9ja 🇳🇬 🛍️
Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by LZAA: 12:52pm On May 07, 2023
nairalanda1:
We took the loans because we rely only on oil....and not on other sources of income, expecially TAXES.

Our tax to gdp ratio is one of the lowest in Africa. Then divcersification is not moving fast enough...leaving us with oil, whose prices never favour us.

Even during GEJ's time, oil prices were not as high as we needed them, which is why we took loans then

Either we pay more in tax, or we just watch the debt grow. Oil is not going to rise again.
Who exactly are you going to tax?
Is it the poverty capital of the world where people barely feed and are facing massive inflation?
😄 i laff in chinese
That rubbish tinubu does in lagos in the name of tax will never work in NIGERIA
soludo tried it and saw shege
Don't even think of doing it up north because the result will be disastrous

2 Likes

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by nairalanda1(m): 12:55pm On May 07, 2023
LZAA:

Is it the poverty capital of the world where people barely feed and are facing massive inflation?
😄 i laff in chinese

So, what do we do

Keep relying on oil, whose prices never ever favour us?

Keep relying on 'selling minerals and stuff' which have the same issues?

Keep relying on more loans?

Yes, laff, yes, call me a tinubu supporter (I am not, and never will be, and even his lagos tax is small), the cold reality is our tax to gdp is too low, and we are not ( as Obi rightly pointed out) a manufacturing nation.

We can keep lying to ourselves, or we can face cold reality.

Thank you, keep laffing..
Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by Chetas81(m): 12:56pm On May 07, 2023
helinues:
We better prepare ahead cos if not would affect the economy.

What exactly did we do with such amount? Anything tangible things to point out to?
this are the questions the advance citizen living in advance country would ask before any election but the Nigerian citizen keep on do the same thing for different result

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by Chetas81(m): 12:57pm On May 07, 2023
LZAA:

😄 i laff in chinese
who's fault

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by helinues: 12:59pm On May 07, 2023
Chetas81:
this are the questions the advance citizen living in advance country would ask before any election but the Nigerian citizen keep on do the same thing for different result

We are not even concern about our debt ceilings yet the outgoing administration still borrowing money. The one they have borrowed before , what have tangible things have they done with it
Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:02pm On May 07, 2023
Babathanks:

Everybody knows that Buhari is clueless, supporting tinubu does not mean that you are APC supporter. People like me supported him because I witness is regime in lagos and I know what he did. I hate APC more than you self

So how do you think he would work wiv same people under buhari and get a better result especially now he looks weak. Abi u want to tell me he will employ new members to work with. Same criminals under buhari hmmm i wonder how u guys think

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by Chetas81(m): 1:03pm On May 07, 2023
helinues:

We are not even concern about our debt ceilings yet the outgoing administration still borrowing money. The one they have borrowed before , what have tangible things have they done with it
PLS SEND THIS COMMENTS TO ALL NIGERIAN CITIZEN WHO LOVE THE WAY THINGS BECOME

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by helinues: 1:04pm On May 07, 2023
Chetas81:
PLS SEND THIS COMMENTS TO ALL NIGERIAN CITIZEN WHO LOVE THE WAY THINGS BECOME

We are mostly blinded by politics, religion and region
Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by Dafresh: 1:06pm On May 07, 2023
Sonyboom:
Seun n his Igbo mod are now on steroid banning any comment not supporting Ipob n Igbo. Just imagine what different Yorubas are been banned for now on Nairaland. Seun needs to have his head examined thoroughly.
If you abuse a politician they won't ban you
If you abuse any tribe you will receive what you deserve

2 Likes

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by Chetas81(m): 1:09pm On May 07, 2023
helinues:

We are mostly blinded by politics, religion and region
THEIR WAITING FOR GOD TO DO THE MAGIC LIKE MAGICIAN DO IT IN SINGAPORE

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by helinues: 1:10pm On May 07, 2023
Chetas81:
THEIR WAITING FOR GOD TO DO THE MAGIC LIKE MAGICIAN DO IT IN SINGAPORE

They want to pray about it

grin
Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by LZAA: 1:10pm On May 07, 2023
nairalanda1:

So, what do we do

Keep relying on oil, whose prices never ever favour us?

Keep relying on 'selling minerals and stuff' which have the same issues?

Keep relying on more loans?

Yes, laff, yes, call me a tinubu supporter (I am not, and never will be, and even his lagos tax is small), the cold reality is our tax to gdp is too low, and we are not ( as Obi rightly pointed out) a manufacturing nation.

We can keep lying to ourselves, or we can face cold reality.

Thank you, keep laffing..
How about having productive/ambitious governors
Bringing back foreign investment and giving them reasonable tax rates until the economy recovers so you can raise tax
Stimulating technology by building more factories and removing unnecessary bottlenecks around exports
Exporting agriculture
And finally,finally regular power supply
You don't shout tax tax when people are poor
That has been IMF's Anthem for years and we all know how IMF has destroyed nations

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by bitbillionaire: 1:10pm On May 07, 2023
It is finish! I can bet that Tinubu will borrow 3 times that amount.

That N22.7 trillion is just domestic debt o. The ones owed world bank, China and other international creditors are not even included there oo

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by nairalanda1(m): 1:13pm On May 07, 2023
LZAA:

How about having productive/ambitious governors
Bringing back foreign investment and giving them reasonable tax rates until the economy recovers so you can raise tax
Stimulating technology by building more factories and removing unnecessary bottlenecks around exports
Exporting agriculture
And finally,finally regular power supply
You don't shout tax tax when people are poor
That has been IMF's Anthem for years and we all know how IMF has destroyed nations

Yes, and one of the things an ambitous leader can do is face reality and improve our tax to gdp ratio, so that we can pay for improvements to our social and public infrastructure, which would attract more foreign investment.

And expanding power supply requires cost reflective tarrifs too.

Agriculture suffers from the same issues with oil. We don't set the price.

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by Chetas81(m): 1:20pm On May 07, 2023
helinues:

They want to pray about it

grin
the law of people in Singapore will never be allowed in any African country YOU CAN IMAGINE THREE PEOPLE CAN'T STAND TOGETHER STARTING FROM 9 OR 10 PM IN SINGAPORE ___ SINGING ALONE IS NOT ALLOW IN SINGAPORE BUT EVERYTHING POSSIBLE IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD CALLED NIGERIA
Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:28pm On May 07, 2023
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/fg-to-begin-n22-7tn-loan-repayment-in-2026-dmo/

WE ARE NOT PAYING ANYTHING BAK

WHO TOOK THE LOAN SHOULD PAY IT BACK

PEOPLE TOOK LOAN CHOP SHOULD PAY IT BACK SIMPLE

3 Likes

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by Godszilla: 1:29pm On May 07, 2023
Sorry to interject please. You keep writing tax tax, tax who exactly? The world hq of poverty abi. 30k minimum wages abi,tax who exactly?while the thieves continues same laws that is milking the little left. How about we cut down cost of Government unnecessary pensions,allowances n bonuses, how about that. Whats wrong with the so called "leader" cut down their excesses.

Gues dats y the other guy was laffin n e made some tax incentives option for businesses to strive not keep taxing. The duty of the government is to provide a stable secure environment for businesses to thrive not strangle them with taxes.
nairalanda1:

Yes, and one of the things an ambitous leader can do is face reality and improve our tax to gdp ratio, so that we can pay for improvements to our social and public infrastructure, which would attract more foreign investment.

And expanding power supply requires cost reflective tarrifs too.

Agriculture suffers from the same issues with oil. We don't set the price.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by Babathanks(m): 1:33pm On May 07, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

So how do you think he would work wiv same people under buhari and get a better result especially now he looks weak. Abi u want to tell me he will employ new members to work with. Same criminals under buhari hmmm i wonder how u guys think
I don’t like arguing about politics but I can still talk about what I know. I’m not a kid, when tinubu became the governor of lagos in 1999, lagos is a slum, I was there and I witness it. He sign many deals with foreign companies, he wave tax for some of them in exchange that they will develop the environment that they are located. And he also use is influence to bring some foreign companies over. I saw this,,,, I now live in Abuja now, and can compare both together, he even do something that influence me some few years back, he called dangote that he should bring is refinery company to lagos instead of ondo state, he promised him that he will wave a year tax for him because that company will employ 500k unemployed youth……..some of us that voted for him have a great reasons and many more
Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by nairalanda1(m): 1:33pm On May 07, 2023
Godszilla:
Sorry to interject please. You keep writing tax tax, tax who exactly? The world hq of poverty abi. 30k minimum wages abi,tax who exactly?while the thieves continues same laws that is milking the little left. How about we cut down cost of Government unnecessary pensions,allowances n bonuses, how about that. Whats wrong with the so called "leader" cut down their excesses.

Gues dats y the other guy was laffin n e made some tax incentives option for businesses to strive not keep taxing. The duty of the government is to provide a stable secure environment for businesses to thrive not strangle them with taxes.

Then stop complaining about the loans government takes.
Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:37pm On May 07, 2023
Babathanks:

I don’t like arguing about politics but I can still talk about what I know. I’m not a kid, when tinubu became the governor of lagos in 1999, lagos is a slum, I was there and I witness it. He sign many deals with foreign companies, he wave tax for some of them in exchange that they will develop the environment that they are located. And he also use is influence to bring some foreign companies over. I saw this,,,, I now live in Abuja now, and can compare both together, he even do something that influence me some few years back, he called dangote that he should bring is refinery company to lagos instead of ondo state, he promised him that he will wave a year tax for him because that company will employ 500k unemployed youth……..some of us that voted for him have a great reasons and many more

Ok if you say so.. lets watch and see

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by MrBroke(m): 1:56pm On May 07, 2023
3 years time 🤔. I go don marry white woman by then. grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by softsoul22(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2023
Kindly contact your sure plug for the export and clearing procedures for your Hardwood charcoal, we do the documentation and custom clearance together with other associate services. Our work speak for us.

Check my signature for contact details.
Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by Gucciswaz: 7:54pm On May 07, 2023
helinues:

For once, try and be positive.

Tinubu's success is for all Nigerians. Wish him the best
wish him well hope say e no go land Nigeria for another 22.7 trillion debt?
Re: FG To Begin N22.7tn Loan Repayment In 2026 –DMO by BackFromBalablu: 8:41pm On May 07, 2023
Iz like me i should start packing my loads. Ehn! When?! Who go pay am? Hmm wahalurr wahalurr. AH!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eid-El-Fitr: Katsina Adds Friday As Public Holiday / Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? / Photos Of Saraki Administering Meningitis Vaccine To A Patient @NASS Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.