Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,791 members, 7,938,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings (14623 Views)

Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians / Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Putting Lives Of Judges In Danger - Buhari Med / Election Tribunal: Atiku Reacts, Shares Message Of Hope To All Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by nkemjacob2(m): 12:38pm On May 08, 2023
I thought PDP has withdraw petition
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by theredaddy: 1:15pm On May 08, 2023
Mrtaye:

Mugu is Abacha a democrat abi are you jonzing

Oponu the ones that are democrat nko, you people will never apply sense, i don't know who made obedient the spoke person for the world, why not worry about yourselves and let the world speak for themselves for once

world these world that .. mechi onu there!
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by Penguin2: 2:16pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:
Anytime I see you arguing about this case, I always laugh.
What were you expecting?

Vampires took power in 2015.

It will take some drastic measures to retrieve it from their claws.

But that said, I don’t see how the judges will resolve every ground of petition in Tinubu’s favour.

From Forfeiture of funds due to drug related offense to Perjury to 25% in FCT to INEC’s failure to follow their own guidelines to other obvious irregularities.

I would still hold that the best Tinubu can get from the court would be a rerun election that I fear he might not partake due to ineligibility.
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by fergie001: 2:34pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

But that said, I don’t see how the judges will resolve every ground of petition in Tinubu’s favour.

From Forfeiture of funds due to drug related offense to Perjury to 25% in FCT to INEC’s failure to follow their own guidelines to other obvious irregularities.

I would still hold that the best Tinubu can get from the court would be a rerun election that I fear he might not partake due to ineligibility.
Well, my own problem is I think, the inexperience of the panel.

Asides Tsammani and to some extent Adah, others I haven't seen deliver very strong judgements per se.

We will watch nonetheless but I believe 2 or 3 of these Judges will likely climb up to the SC after this.
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 3:00pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:
She is not on the panel, she recuses herself.

Why did she recuse herself? Did accuse her of bias? The 2nd or third most senior appeal judge should have been chairing
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by meedoLock(m): 3:00pm On May 08, 2023
This will still never have any effect on the ruling, I don't see the live broadcast to influence the outcome of the court case, plus the rule of law is the bedrock for the constitution, which means it cannot be changed over the night.

If a trust is not applied to our judiciary, then, what is the essence of the opposition request since the outcome will never be trusted.

Invariably, if a law is going to be amended, it will not be done on the eve or during the transition period. It will be done amicably with a formidable legislative house.
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 3:01pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:
You know the reason nah grin

No reason.at least bulkachuwa own was publicized except she's biased
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 3:03pm On May 08, 2023
patrickcollins:
This is Nigeria, some of those Judges already have corruption cases and must do the bidding of Fg or incur their wrath.
Imaging where a Senate president who took no part in primary election of senate position in his constituency was give a go ahead by supreme court to be flag bearer.
My point they will never allow it to come live

Do you have evidence that he didnt partake in the primary
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 3:04pm On May 08, 2023
boldtruthalways:

You are not correct. Appeal court declared that Nnamdi Kanu should be released. Some judges are fearless and courageous. They have their integrity and will never allow anything to dent it. So, We pray and hope the judges will stand up for tte truth.

Civil cases are easier to judge than electoral cases.KANU case is straightforward but election cases are not
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 3:06pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Can you imagine that there’s entirely new set of Justices as opposed to the panel previously named with exception of about 2 Justices?

And now there’s a Yoruba woman on the panel but not an Igbo man.

Omo! These guys don’t send us o.

Its not a new panel.the last panel was fake,made up of entirely northerners.the only exception was ikyegh.this is well balanced
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 3:08pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:

In 2019, there was also nobody from the SE.

grin

There are five judges na and 6 regions,one region must miss out.perhaps south east judges are too volatile and emotional in decision making via nweze and rtd JSC odili
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 3:09pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

My spirit is weakened.

I feel the new guys have been given a matching order of what to do at the Tribunal.

Justice Monica and Justice Ikyegh seemed fearless and ready to do justice. Now they are out.

Whatever made Justice Monica cave in is weighty.

We might just have to prepare for Tinubu’s 8 years or for the setting ablaze of this country. Between those two, one will happen.

You dont ever listen.nobody is as neutral as fergie here.he hates apc but says the truth
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 3:10pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:
Anytime I see you arguing about this case, I always laugh.
What were you expecting?

You are causing problems indirectly.you need to start educating your people to learn to be less emotional
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 3:15pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

Is tinubu an ex convict? Does forfeiture equal conviction? Did tinubu voluntarily acquire Guinean citizenship? Will the Guineans testify against tinubu? Will the judges elevate fct above other states? Is inec guidelines violation a ground for petition?
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by fergie001: 3:18pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:
Why did she recuse herself? Did accuse her of bias? The 2nd or third most senior appeal judge should have been chairing
She might decide she doesn't want to be in the cross-hairs. Most of our very strong Appeal Court Judges now are retiring.

Again, don't forget she is Roman Catholic and might decide on her own, she doesn't want to take the hit.

garfield1:
No reason.at least bulkachuwa own was publicized except she's biased
She decided to opt out for reasons known to her.

Most of her decisions like Wike, Machina were upturned at the Apex Court.

garfield1:

There are five judges na and 6 regions,one region must miss out.perhaps south east judges are too volatile and emotional in decision making via nweze and rtd JSC odili

Tsammani is number 11. We have 5 or 6 SE Judges before him, however the PCA has her reasons for doing so. I wanted a SE on the panel perhaps head it. It helps their experience and confidence. The last time I think a SEner was on the panel was Raphael Agbo in 2007 (Can't remember 2011)!

garfield1:
You are causing problems indirectly.you need to start educating your people to learn to be less emotional
How should I do it?

How do I say it that there is nothing concrete enough to disrupt Tinubu? Are you hearing it from me for the first time?
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 3:22pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:

She might decide she doesn't want to be in the cross-hairs. Most of our very strong Appeal Court Judges now are retiring.

Again, don't forget she is Roman Catholic and might decide on her own, she doesn't want to take the hit.

She decided to opt out for reasons known to her.

Most of her decisions like Wike, Machina were upturned at the Apex Court.

Tsammani is number 11. We have 5 or 6 SE Judges before him, however the PCA has her reasons for doing so.

How should I do it?

How do I say it that there is nothing concrete enough to disrupt Tinubu? Are you hearing it from me for the first time?

Tsammani too is a Christian.I believe him and the judge from bayelsa will get to the apex court.Stephen adah too is due for promotion but I dont know if theres vacancy from nc
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by fergie001: 3:28pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:

Tsammani too is a Christian.I believe him and the judge from bayelsa will get to the apex court.Stephen adah too is due for promotion but I dont know if theres vacancy from nc
Is Tsammani Roman Catholic?

The reason I wanted a SEner in the panel because after tribunal sittings, one or two are sent up.

In 2019, all the Judges asides Ikyegh and Ige (who is retiring) remained, others climbed to the Supreme Court.

Now, only Nweze is the SCJ from the SE.

Tsammani is from the NE, doubt he will go up... The NE has 3 already (Abba Aji, Jauro & Tijjani Abubakar). No space......

NC has only one, Dattijo Muhammad who will be retiring in October (Adah is in good stead perhaps alongside Maiwada from Nasarawa and Ikyegh)

The SS has only two but I don't think Ugo will go up... He joined the High Court in 2006, by 2014 he was in the Appeal Court already. He will go up but don't think now.

There are a lot of very good SS Judges above him. We have Oho, George will, Daniel-Kalio.
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 3:38pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:
Is Tsammani Roman Catholic?

The reason I wanted a SEner in the panel because after tribunal sittings, one or two are sent up.

In 2019, all the Judges asides Ikyegh and Ige (who is retiring) remained, others climbed to the Supreme Court.

Now, only Nweze is the SCJ from the SE.

Tsammani is from the NE, doubt he will go up... The NE has 3 already (Abba Aji, Jauro & Tijjani Abubakar). No space......

NC has only one, Dattijo Muhammad who will be retiring in October (Adah is in good stead perhaps alongside Maiwada from Nasarawa and Ikyegh)

The SS has only one but I don't think Ugo will go up... He joined the High Court in 2006, by 2014 he was in the Appeal Court already. He will go up but don't think now.

There are a lot of very good SS Judges above him. We have Oho, George will, Daniel-Kalio.

Some regions can have 4 luckily like nw and sw at some point.again,pept panels are usually elevated.concerning ugo,dont forget elevation isbt by seniority if not none of them will be in this panel.just as ugo was picked for this panel,he might still go up like late oseji.again,its been long rivers/bayelsa had someone there.him and oho will be fine
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by Penguin2: 4:07pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:

Well, my own problem is I think, the inexperience of the panel.

Asides Tsammani and to some extent Adah, others I haven't seen deliver very strong judgements per se.

We will watch nonetheless but I believe 2 or 3 of these Judges will likely climb up to the SC after this.

That’s the catch. You got it.

Some monetary inducements and a promise of elevation to the Supreme Court.

Imagine a judge elevated to the Court of Appeal in 2021 which is obviously through political patronage of APC, it would be foolhardiness expecting her to be neutral. And I’m talking of the woman from Oyo State.

Well, I read somewhere, not long ago, that the chairman of the Tribunal said cases would be determined by their merit and not technicalities. And that intentional waste of time won’t be tolerated.

But then, he’s just one man. No one knows where the other 4 or 3 stand.
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by patrickcollins: 4:12pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:

Do you have evidence that he didnt partake in the primary
The evidences are littered all over the internet.
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by Penguin2: 4:22pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:

Is tinubu an ex convict? Does forfeiture equal conviction? Did tinubu voluntarily acquire Guinean citizenship? Will the Guineans testify against tinubu? Will the judges elevate fct above other states? Is inec guidelines violation a ground for petition?

The section of the constitution that Obi based his drug case didn’t say the person must have been convicted. It talks about if the person has ever been fined in any case that shows dishonesty. And it has no time limit.
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by fergie001: 4:53pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:

Some regions can have 4 luckily like nw and sw at some point.again,pept panels are usually elevated.concerning ugo,dont forget elevation isbt by seniority if not none of them will be in this panel.just as ugo was picked for this panel,he might still go up like late oseji.again,its been long rivers/bayelsa had someone there.him and oho will be fine
Not by seniority but asides those from the NE, others spent at least 11 years in the Appeal Court.

Oseji spent 11 years at the Appeal Court.... Again, yes Rivers/Bayelsa will produce and I know Wike will be instrumental, but he has two Rivers indigenes who are senior to Ugo.
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 5:21pm On May 08, 2023
fergie001:
Not by seniority but asides those from the NE, others spent at least 11 years in the Appeal Court.

Oseji spent 11 years at the Appeal Court.... Again, yes Rivers/Bayelsa will produce and I know Wike will be instrumental, but he has two Rivers indigenes who are senior to Ugo.

Ugo is already at an advantage via pept plus tinubu won't want more influence for wike by appointing rivers judges
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 5:25pm On May 08, 2023
Penguin2:

The section of the constitution that Obi based his drug case didn’t say the person must have been convicted. It talks about if the person has ever been fined in any case that shows dishonesty. And it has no time limit.

It is still in subsection D like conviction and will be treated like same
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by garfield1: 5:29pm On May 08, 2023
patrickcollins:
The evidences are littered all over the internet.

Yes but when put together,it amounts to nothing
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by fergie001: 5:29pm On May 08, 2023
garfield1:

Ugo is already at an advantage via pept plus tinubu won't want more influence for wike by appointing rivers judges
How do you know Tinubu's mind?

Bayelsa had one a few years ago, I think Justice Tabai is his name.

What will Wike do with the influence? Will he contest the Presidential Election? No, his time is done after May 29.

That he is at PEPT doesn't mean it must be him, even though he will get the experience. He might go later but not with the next batch.
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by Mrtaye: 6:14pm On May 08, 2023
theredaddy:

Oponu the ones that are democrat nko, you people will never apply sense, i don't know who made obedient the spoke person for the world, why not worry about yourselves and let the world speak for themselves for once

world these world that .. mechi onu there!

Why are you so disturbed,abi
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:21pm On May 08, 2023
bhella10:
Shior grin Would that stop the case being thrown out at the first hurdle? Tomorrow is Monday. Sit at home and watch a roller coaster ride into Aso Villa.
No problem. Make Dem Sha televise am live.
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:25pm On May 08, 2023
chidiokay:

What is interesting about something that is unconstitutional, you people just think you can wake up when you like and dictate to the tribunal what you consider JUSTICE

when Peter Obi won his case then was it televised, @ Osun tribunal Adeleke won was it televised before Justice was served

When it goes una way it is Justice but anything that favors the incumbent can never been deem as Justice

If I may ask, what do you have to loose if it's televised?
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:26pm On May 08, 2023
chidiokay:

Court are guided by constitution and that is the only reason court needs to thrash Atiku request.
You want them to televise it so that Obedient will start going to judges social media pages to threaten, bully and insults the judges

Nigeria did not began democracy yesterday neither is Peter Obi & Atiku the 1st case to go to tribunal if they are not satisfied with the doctrine they can go hug a transform.
Argrrrrrrrrr 😲

Rest!!!

Judges are not on social media?

Rest!!!!

Abeg!!!!
Re: Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Apply For Live Broadcast Of Proceedings by BeardedmeatR(m): 6:27pm On May 08, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Meanwhile..
Meanwhile, Tinubu minions are shaking because of a harmless request.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gboyega Oyetola Presents N152.7b 2019 Osun Budget / 2019 Presidency: Peter Obi Has No Influence In South - Ngige / Defend Yourselves, 500 Northerners Killed Within A Month In 4 States — CNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.