Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,175 members, 7,903,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:42 PM

I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months (21407 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Wife Can't Tell Who Impregnated Her Between Her Husband & Her Father-In-Law / Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by CHIOMAEZEH: 3:15pm On May 08, 2023
Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Teeroyzimma: 3:15pm On May 08, 2023
nepapole:
That's bad.
You have to keep trying.

After God, na your parents.
🙄 even if the papa na woman beater
Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by VTJN(m): 3:15pm On May 08, 2023
Karleb:
Let him be for some more months. Give it more time, he's going to miss you and when you reach out try to tell him about your achievement however little they may be. Also apologize to him for your own part of the trouble, doesn't matter if he was the architect of the whole problem. Remember, he's still your dad.

Take this from someone who didn't speak to his dad for some 7 months or so.

I will advise against going to see him now especially if he doesn't have any illness. Trust me, he's going to say something that will provoke you and you will respond because you inherited his temper.

When you allow him miss you, he's going to mind his speech because he would have realized your importance in his life.
Nigerian parents would only miss him if he has money or the only child

If otherwise, i don't think they'd miss him to the extent that they'd avoid to offend him

3 Likes

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Exc2000: 3:15pm On May 08, 2023
cool

He fed and cloth you, took care of you while sick and also gave you education all this from his paltry salary he suffered for

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by haybhi1(m): 3:15pm On May 08, 2023
HRHQueenPhil:
The devil is trying to create misunderstanding and like a wound, it can fetter and.lead to amputation..Don't let that bastard win
Go physically but keep sending text msgs before u go..also take some one he likes or.respect so. A good one can be said. kiss
Make una dey try leave this your imaginary devil alone jare

2 Likes

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by decasey(m): 3:15pm On May 08, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
This is the first topic i have created since i joined this forum.
For a while now, my mind has been restless, i haven't spoken to my father since i left his house on January 5 2023. We had an argument and i left some days later. I wasn't angry when i left, i just wanted to give him space and find my own way as a man. Though I'm his first born son and his exact replica but we are so different and share very different views.
Some days ago, i called him and was very angry at me and ended the call before i could say anything and he has refused to pick up my calls since then.
I really don't understand why he's angry at me or why he's not taking my calls but i have decided to stop calling him and let him be.

Please any positive advise,will be greatly appreciated.
brother try and settle things with your dad, it is very important and e get why. Before is to late.
Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Ara21(f): 3:16pm On May 08, 2023
Go and apologize to your father, soon you will have kids and you will understand his point.
Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Sammy101111(m): 3:17pm On May 08, 2023
I haven’t spoken to my mother in years and am happy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Enemyofpeace: 3:17pm On May 08, 2023
Very good! You need to teach a lesson, so as to let him know that you're no more a children, but a grown up man.

Mynd44 I'm hungry o

1 Like

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by WantsandMore: 3:17pm On May 08, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
For a while now, my mind has been restless, i haven't spoken to my father since i left his house on January 5 2023. We had an argument and i left some days later. I wasn't angry when i left, i just wanted to give him space and find my own way as a man. Though I'm his first born son and his exact replica but we are so different and share very different views.
Some days ago, i called him and was very angry at me and ended the call before i could say anything and he has refused to pick up my calls since then.
I really don't understand why he's angry at me or why he's not taking my calls but i have decided to stop calling him and let him be.

You really need to humble yourself like the prodigal son, it's a good step to want to find your own footings as a man but it's a greater privilege to do with the blessings of your parents. Find a way to forgive him, go home, pay your respect & tell him your plans .no matter how angry Dad maybe, he'll appreciate your humility. I wish you all the best
Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by occfx: 3:18pm On May 08, 2023
IkeIgboNile:

I don't know why fathers are been arrogant these days, is it the buhari effect or what? Men who are getting older should be peaceful and tolerant but the reverse is the case. If you don't have peace on earth, how can you have peace in heaven or wherever you find yourself. Me wey never go half have learnt to have peace of mind no matter what. Nothing sweet pass peace of mind and internal joy. Just that brokenness is painful some times

2 Likes

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Didi2d(m): 3:18pm On May 08, 2023
I haven't spoken to my father for more than 5 months. Probably going to a year now and even before the last time we spoke, it took over 2 years or more before I called him.

We had family issues, though it's past now. But e no fit be like before

5 Likes

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by vincenteger: 3:19pm On May 08, 2023
There's no need of calling him
Go and visit him at home.

There's nothing like you were not angry when you left the house, nobody would take that even if it was few days after the missing understanding.
You should have waited a month or more b4 leaving.
I guess you left without even telling him, come to think of it
You must have grown some wings

Please knee down while apologizing oo
Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by jumper524(m): 3:20pm On May 08, 2023
IkeIgboNile:

try using text messages.
I'm 27 before I realised text works better with my dad.
Hes always adamant to my position on things but text messages or WhatsApp messages has been doing wonders since I discovered.
Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Came4amod: 3:22pm On May 08, 2023
IkeIgboNile:

You haven't given him enough space .. first all this is not important to you .. get a good apartment get money .. try Ur best to be the best version of yourself .. after they will have no choice than to respect you .. he dey see other Pickin .. but many of our parents .. sorry to say .. are envious of other kids .. so they transfer the aggression to you .. when you observe this .. just stay away .. pray hard .. make you dey successful all this thing's go delete ..

1 Like

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Hotwest: 3:23pm On May 08, 2023
My own Dad right now is annoying me! He trained me yeah and I have been getting jobs on my own but recently the Chinese I work with ask me to take a rest. I got a new place that pays well but they want me to be mobile to do airport pick up for new chinese client trooping into the country and others. I'm begging this man called my father to support me with one is his excess cars he is not using. He refused to this date and I haven't been able to get another job. He is worth over 800million but he wont even lend u 1million. He is very annoying! Im not entitled to his money like I sound but if you are in my shoes as a son u will understand my grievance . I can't wait to secure a deal and throw that money he is micing being stingy with on him as dash! I hate nonsense..d family is down at the moment because the blessed head is just keeping the glory to his lineage of himself not uplifting us below him

3 Likes

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Came4amod: 3:25pm On May 08, 2023
occfx:

I don't know why fathers are been arrogant these days, is it the buhari effect or what? Men who are getting older should be peaceful and tolerant but the reverse is the case. If you don't have peace on earth, how can you have peace in heaven or wherever you find yourself. Me wey never go half have learnt to have peace of mind no matter what. Nothing sweet pass peace of mind and internal joy. Just that brokenness is painful some times

Lol this one don dey even pray for him papa to die .. make him cashout fast .. lol many dey pray .. Some kids if them open Wetin dem they think .. some parents go run .. lol .. that why it's very crucial to know your children's stand on issues .. don't bury things under the disguise that u r thier parent and they must obey .. look for a common ground .. and be a good person .. irrespective of how the child is fearing in this highly competitive world ..
Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by drimzsmoke(m): 3:27pm On May 08, 2023
IkeIgboNile:

Go and achieve greatness, your father will be the 1 to look for you...By the way, I have done 2 years in the past without speaking to my father!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by onatisi(m): 3:30pm On May 08, 2023
IkeIgboNile:

Lolz , a day will come you will regret not talking to him , one thing I have come to realise about this life is this YOU DONT AND WONT KNOW THE VALUE OF WHAT YOU HAVE UNTIL YOU LOSE IT
when he is dead and gone , you will cry and cry just to hear his voice or even apologize to him but that chance would never come back again

1 Like

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Faposky95: 3:32pm On May 08, 2023
Cassandraloius:
Go and see him, buy his favorite things, make peace with him. God will help you make things work. Goodluck!

Believe it or not....you carry his genes, so it's important. It's like reporting back to base to a senior officer, here, the most important...
No matter what, a father who saw you up regardless, is your best male friend. In some cases, shitz hit the fan through......

Since you're his replica, be the better and go make amends.. .
I wish mine lived to see me make a family...I miss him so

2 Likes

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by occfx: 3:32pm On May 08, 2023
Came4amod:

Lol this one don dey even pray for him papa to die .. make him cashout fast .. lol many dey pray .. Some kids if them open Wetin dem they think .. some parents go run .. lol .. that why it's very crucial to know your children's stand on issues .. don't bury things under the disguise that u r thier parent and they must obey .. look for a common ground .. and be a good person .. irrespective of how the child is fearing in this highly competitive world ..

LOL, no be me and you... Where you see prayer for here? My papa no get anything for now and no be me be first son. I don dey tey hustle alone for lagos since I dey 20...so wether he get anything or not, I no no. But I mean say fathers are getting too aggressive these days. They too dey like fight with their first sons.

4 Likes

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Godswillu(m): 3:34pm On May 08, 2023
Bros when you get to your father's age you Will understand.
My advice is
Go to your father. Not phone call.
Get a wine (the type your father like)
Give him the wine and apologize
He may insult you (take the insult he is your father and he mean well for you, he may not know how to communicate it. But he means well)
The truth is you don't know the benefits you are enjoying as your father is alive ( whether he is rich or not)
Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by GorillaApp(m): 3:36pm On May 08, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
dawnomike
Go and see him and apologize if you have to. Not because you are wrong, but because he is your father and he will not be worth you forever.
When you become a father, you'll understand better

Thanks bro, i will definitely try and visit him soon.
I'm willing to give just about anything to be with my dad again. Best man I could ever ask for. We had our few little rough moments but I cherish him even in death.
I'm glad we had a wonderful relationship. Wish I could have done more before his demise.

One word for op, swallow your pride and mend fence with you daddy. You will blame yourself bitterly when he is no more here

1 Like

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by occfx: 3:36pm On May 08, 2023
Came4amod:

You haven't given him enough space .. first all this is not important to you .. get a good apartment get money .. try Ur best to be the best version of yourself .. after they will have no choice than to respect you .. he dey see other Pickin .. but many of our parents .. sorry to say .. are envious of other kids .. so they transfer the aggression to you .. when you observe this .. just stay away .. pray hard .. make you dey successful all this thing's go delete ..

There is sense here
Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Sltp: 3:38pm On May 08, 2023
I have serious beef with my parents for birthing me. Sometimes I go a long time without talking with any of them especially when I'm outside of the country - I've stayed two years on two occasions. When I travel, they don't have my number but when I'm back and my number starts going, they start calling me. Happens whenever I change country then back to Nigeria then we start talking. I know they're concerned but I don't care.

I try to help them out whenever I can but I don't take it as my responsibility. Going by NY personal life, I'm not the best person to advice you in this situation because I will only tell you to tell him "to hell with you" Bleep you!

2 Likes

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by cassyrooy(m): 3:41pm On May 08, 2023
chaloskyx:
bros leave the man go and make legitimate money lets see who would be reaching out its obvious he does not respect you cause you are broke
You're seeing things from one dimension many people are not willing to look at this issue from.

Sometimes, a cup of garri is better to some family members than some people simply because they're broke.

IkeIgboNile pay attention to this man's comment.
Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Sleekfingers: 3:42pm On May 08, 2023
Obiedun:
Many kids are on Nairaland.

You are absolutely right

1 Like

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Zedoo(m): 3:46pm On May 08, 2023
Many people claim to have left their father’s house but are still there mentally.
Anybody that doesn’t want to talk you, does not need to be talked to.
I know fathers who have nothing other than bad things to say or do and they are always right.
The african attitude of loving and killing your self for family is one of the reasons why people don’t progress compared to those who remain stuck in the past.
So if you had been in a country with a different time zone this is the drama you people will be acting and you will also travel down, take leave from your job to go visit a man that doesn’t want to see you.

“I dun comot my papa house”...lol

2 Likes

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by yungzed360(m): 3:53pm On May 08, 2023
Young man, I haven't spoken to my own father in years... Man up. Daddy's boy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by lemon10(m): 3:57pm On May 08, 2023
Oga go and apologize to him. Even though he would wish you back, he would not apologize because African men have ego. So save him the situation and apologize to him. The more time you waste, the more complicated it becomes.

1 Like

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by schoolboymatt(m): 3:57pm On May 08, 2023
Karleb:
Let him be for some more months. Give it more time, he's going to miss you and when you reach out try to tell him about your achievement however little they may be. Also apologize to him for your own part of the trouble, doesn't matter if he was the architect of the whole problem. Remember, he's still your dad.

Take this from someone who didn't speak to his dad for some 7 months or so.

I will advise against going to see him now especially if he doesn't have any illness. Trust me, he's going to say something that will provoke you and you will respond because you inherited his temper.

When you allow him miss you, he's going to mind his speech because he would have realized your importance in his life.

tears, not of pain or sadness rolled down my eyes after reading this.

1 Like

Re: I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months by Crucialgem(m): 4:01pm On May 08, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Go home small boy, you left home so that you'll have freedom to be sleeping with girls anyhow you like. Go home and let them train you well

You don't have sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For A Girl To Stay Alone? / Expectant Couple Crushed To Death After Waiting For 13years / Olu Lulu-Briggs Dies At 91

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.