Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:18 AM

Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times (55196 Views)

FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Forex Crisis: FG Plans Clampdown On Binance, other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Diligent1(f): 2:04pm On May 09, 2023
koning:
Otedola simply fell mugu to a smart Igbo man. Call it Igbo sense if you like.

However, both of them were funded by corrupt politicians. It was all top notch MONEY LAUNDERING. Includes Adenuga.

The only good thing about it is that they kept most of the looted fund in Nigeria.

Otedola's father was once governor of Lagos state. Go figure.
That is why it will be very difficult to give the position of presidency to an Igbo man because they are backstabbers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Codes151(m): 2:17pm On May 09, 2023
he didnt stab u...

the problem be say...
u too d talk...

na u d tell am ur plans

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Codes151(m): 2:19pm On May 09, 2023
Diligent1:

That is why it will be very difficult to give the position of presidency to an Igbo man because they are backstabbers.
not even that...

they have a disgusting attitude.

only igbos see everything wrong with another person and not on them..

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Svoboda(m): 2:21pm On May 09, 2023
kindredspirit:

Bro, the first person whom BAT visited upon winning the Presidential election was Tony Elumelu.

BOLA AHMED TINUBU, NIGERIA'S PRESIDENT-ELECT,PERSONALLY WENT TO TONY ELUMELU'S HOME ON HIS FIRST THANK-YOU VISIT. Let that sink in.

Consequent upon the above, I think we can all agree that Elumelu was obviously one of main backers of Tinubu's victory. Think about how much physical cash he would've used his position, at UBA, to make available to BAT, in the middle of the debilitating cashless policy and Naira redesign, during the election period.

Tony Elumelu backed the right horse and he will reap bountifully in the coming years, under a BAT presidency. He will influence government policy in his and his business' favour just as Dangote has done in the last several years.

Keep an eye on Tony Elumelu, the man will be Nigeria's most powerful businessman.

It could be so. But dont rule out subtle acts of betrayal. The backstabbing game might continue. Tony might want more than he thinks he deserves.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by CoolAmbience(m): 2:27pm On May 09, 2023
Never4getU:

It's not it is called backstabbing

I agree with you completely.

I had a contract with a client some years back, one which UBA provided APG for. UBA ended up messing up their side of the transaction and the matter escalated.

My brother, I know the dodgy role Tony played despite knowing that UBA was responsible, in conjunction with the client, for failure of the project.

I loose money sha...na God hand everything dey sha. I sincerely understand Mr. Otedola's angle. Tony is a massive capitalist...very insensitive while doing business.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Scientheosopher(m): 2:27pm On May 09, 2023
Kellie069:
Could this be true? Mr Tony said so many nice thing about Ote$. He even called him his brother and partner . He even went ahead to reveal that he follows just him and his wife on IG .
The proverbial toe eating rat.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Ellasure: 2:31pm On May 09, 2023
na wetin be my own, my billions just dey breath wela for my house . no bank needed.
and no front stabbing is forseen.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by CoolAmbience(m): 2:34pm On May 09, 2023
PNomsule:
I may need clarity, how do you declare bankruptcy and still have shares in major companies running into billions of Naira?

It is simple.

You have to look at the liabilities against whatever it is that make up his assets, including shares, liquidity, properties, goods etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by jaxxy(m): 2:42pm On May 09, 2023
Corridon:
Humans can't be trusted even you Otedola.

Yes business men compete bt friends don't back stab each other atleast not this bad.

Otedola shares a private business info and u go behind to take it from him is bad if u claim to be friends.

if it was a different circumstance where they are all openly competing I can understand. However even dangote has done femi dirty bt I don't think Otedola treats his Friends like that.

sagitariusbaby:
Tony is smarter than Otedola in business. The Rich lack integrity including Ote. You can't have that kind of money and be upright, beside Ote dey bahave like woman too much, him mouth no dey close so Tony take advantage dey lash am for a&& wotowoto

it's not about behaving like woman bt friendship in business. Elemelu is a very cunning business man bt betraying ur friend us crossing the line.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by CSTRR: 3:01pm On May 09, 2023
Svoboda:

Thats a facade.
Then why are other billionaires not doing it?

Giving $5000 to 1000 people every Year will never be a facade.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by TiglathPILESER: 3:07pm On May 09, 2023
exotique1fy:
They are not angels! All of them. To acquire and maintain the kind of wealth this people have, you certainly cannot be a nice person. This is the reason I always shudder whenever people go on social media to sing their praises. If you knew what goes on behind the scenes, fear go catch you!
you are wise...reason I don't have respect for Nigerian billionaires!
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by olat70(m): 3:14pm On May 09, 2023
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by PNomsule: 3:48pm On May 09, 2023
CoolAmbience:

It is simple.

You have to look at the liabilities against whatever it is that make up his assets, including shares, liquidity, properties, goods etc.

Filing for bankruptcy means insolvency and inability to pay up debts. With Billions in shareholding, you cannot be seen as being unable to pay up debts and hence can't be said to be bankrupt under the law.

Well in Nigeria, anything goes...
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 09, 2023
Tony with his fake plastic smile has always struck me as a terrible person.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by solreb: 4:13pm On May 09, 2023
I have not seen any form of backstabbing or betrayal in anything Tony did. The fact that Otedola showed interest in Ughelli power plant and he was outbid through a competitive bid by Tony does not make Tony a bad guy. The fact that Tony bought him out of companies where he used to be chairman in the normal course of business for public companies does not show Tony as a bad person.

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Kellie069(m): 4:22pm On May 09, 2023
Scientheosopher:

The proverbial toe eating rat.

I swear!! This your explanation says it all.
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by hyperflex(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2023
I hate betrayal but like the mafia would also say “it’s business nothing personal”. He should have seen Tony Elumelu for who he is since
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Tboymessiah(m): 4:40pm On May 09, 2023
AfonjaConehead:

*You shall know them by...."

Girama issa nor easy ooooo grin grin grin grin grin

Ur fada nyanch
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:47pm On May 09, 2023
Kellie069:
Could this be true? Mr Tony said so many nice thing about Ote$. He even called him his brother and partner . He even went ahead to reveal that he follows just him and his wife on IG .

From experience, people who hate you, but can benefit from you will follow you closely.

And you will think they are your friends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Streetgent: 4:53pm On May 09, 2023
CSTRR:

Tomu elumelu is actually the most likeable of the billionaires.

Gives out $5000 to 1000 people every year through his entrepreneurship foundation.

Massive employer of labour through his many businesses especially for women in Nigeria.

He is a shark, but he is the best shark in Nigeria.
bro it's all smoke and mirrors. Don't believe those stories they usually post to promote themselves bro. One thing I've learnt about rich people is they only think of getting richer no matter what it takes:lies, propaganda, conspiracy etc.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Duru009(m): 5:12pm On May 09, 2023
Igbo, man teaching an Yoruba man how to do business....

Igbos are too much oooooo abeg !!!
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Lordofalmajiri(f): 5:15pm On May 09, 2023
Judolisco:
Na billionaire wahala bdat.... Watch how thousandnaire go dey issue out advice
your mouth bad 😔

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:27pm On May 09, 2023
Na dem
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by hush15: 6:12pm On May 09, 2023
Kellie069:

There are some friends who are green snakes in green grass. They just there in your life as connect for their next opportunity.
You think they love you but it's not that. It what they can grab from you or beat you to it.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Elev82014: 6:17pm On May 09, 2023
When a thief steals from another thief, it makes GOD smile! All of you are crooked!
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by AfonjaConehead: 6:18pm On May 09, 2023
Tboymessiah:

Ur fada nyanch
Haba! Why evils nah grin
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by DonroxyII: 6:39pm On May 09, 2023
Corridon:
Humans can't be trusted even you Otedola.
He is just Whinning like Rattles ... He Once Mentioned Dangote Betrayed Him ...

He Should learn & Keep His Mouth Shut On His Critical Interests & Businesses.....

Businesses is all about Information & If You Messed Up You Can Be Sold to Highest Bidders lol grin ...

What kinda kiddies Billionaire is Otedola Now !
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by DonroxyII: 6:41pm On May 09, 2023
Omihanifa:
Same Tony elumelu Don dey romance BAT grin

BAT should better no discuss his drug case and election case with Tony before Tony will go and feed the oppositions the info grin
BAT is not a Mere Businesses that's a Baron-Emperor Right There ...

Tony Knows who He wouldn't be Messing With!

Otedola seems like a CryCry Baby Disgracing Omoluabi ... Adenuga no dey Looseguard anyhow to Court Unnecessary Friendships!
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by DonroxyII: 6:43pm On May 09, 2023
Never4getU:

It's not it is called backstabbing
When You Grow Up, You Would Know It's Businesses..

Tony Might even be used as a Front By Other Powers to Outbid Otedola....

Top Businesses is Very Deep, Very Deeper than the Deepest of Oceans !
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by DonroxyII: 6:44pm On May 09, 2023
exotique1fy:
They are not angels! All of them. To acquire and maintain the kind of wealth this people have, you certainly cannot be a nice person. This is the reason I always shudder whenever people go on social media to sing their praises. If you knew what goes on behind the scenes, fear go catch you!
Life is also Like that ... albeit if you see what goes behind the scene inside of You .. You will Faint & Wake Again only for same sheee to Continue itself grin
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by DonroxyII: 6:48pm On May 09, 2023
dalebrown:
The business world is more like a street, only that the street thugs wears suits and ties grin grin even this Otedola had one time been in a fight with dangote back in 2009, buh look at both of them now
It's Worst than Thugs ... Very Worst, Delicate & Dangerous But the Specs are Very Sweet if you Know how to Play Your Cards Alright !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? / Maduka Onyishi Returns N2.2Billion To First Bank Wrongly Credited To His Account / Cryptocurrency: Nigerians Are Free To Use Bitcoin - CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.