Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,063 members, 7,906,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 07:21 PM

Save Money During Your Service Year - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Save Money During Your Service Year (406 Views)

Advise Me On How To Make Money During NYSC / Taking Advantages Of Opportunities To Make Money During NYSC / Should The NYSC Service Year Be Converted To Military Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Save Money During Your Service Year by Jasonblu: 10:01am On May 09, 2023
Hello Corp members....

I recall during my service year while earning 19,800 and 5k in the school i worked ( This 5k wasn't even timely) in Oyo state saving money already seemed hard, thank God for my design skills...i was able to live fine and still save a bit.

Some Corp members have it more rosy why some don't - You could be lucky to find a PPA that pays you up to 30k upwards, plus your allawee that's #63,000. I know prices of things are on the rise, but service year is a time to try and be prudent, no matter how little set aside something monthly, 3k, 5k or 10K depending on your earning.

Building this character of saving would help a lot when you start working, if you can save something out of 40-50k while serving, how much more when you start earning over 200K?

5k for a year would yield 60K, now if you saved this money in a locked savings plan at 12% per annum, do the maths of the interest.

There are so many legit saving apps out there, but i use reaprite.
You can get started with the link on my bio.

You'd be glad you did.

Got questions drop it on the thread.

(1) (Reply)

Nysc 2016 Batch B. Abia To Oyo. Drop Your Numbers / Who Was Posted To Abj??? 2016 Batch B Stream 2 / Those Posted To OGUN State Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.