Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,734 members, 7,972,665 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 03:23 PM

I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. (8048 Views)

Poll: Have They Improved?

Yes: 63% (84 votes)
No: 36% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

See What Fashola And Nepa Has Done To The Masses / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / And Suddenly, "Up NEPA" Has Returned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by mo2ok(m): 2:56am On Sep 27, 2011
The light in my area (amuwo-odofin) has suddenly gone from horrible to wonderful, but as usual problems are still present. What's the use of good power supply when you don't have working transformers to relay the power. This is the third day without power and i'm sure even if the transformer is repaired it will get faulty again in no time. The bills have also gone through the roof, from N1,500 per month to N5,000, so now i have to pay over 300% of what i usually would.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by chelseabmw(m): 4:58am On Sep 27, 2011
smiley. Here in Edo state we are having constant power supply. . . GEJ is the best
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by initiator(m): 7:11am On Sep 27, 2011
It has improved in my area in Ajah to about 20 hours or so. But in Festac it has not improved that much when I visited there. Privatisation is the ultimate solution.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Kingharzyz(m): 7:16am On Sep 27, 2011
There is a vast,enomous and giggantic change of power supply in my hostel in lasu ojo and my house in lekki, PHCN are doing great here bt there are still rooms for improvement. Thanks the thread owner.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by OTEGA1: 7:34am On Sep 27, 2011
the supply in portharcourt is one of the worst in the country, It does not show any signs of been an oil city, I have always been on gen at least 18hrs of no light. I have no had light for over 1 week now. They calim to be working since august with no time frame of when the work will be over. I don tire oh
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by WebSurfer(m): 7:51am On Sep 27, 2011
improve kini, mtchew rubbish goverment
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 27, 2011
Yes. It has.

We now get constant light for 2hrs/day.

Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by obeleking(m): 8:19am On Sep 27, 2011
in my area "check point,maraba"will only have lights on Sundays, but at the end of the month we are faced which huge bills to clear.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by jason2010(m): 8:22am On Sep 27, 2011
Yes, they have improved Zip, nada, Zero, at least in Festac where I reside. Thanks to PDP
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by blackchief(m): 8:31am On Sep 27, 2011
When people talk about power improvement, I feel as if the people are NEPA/PHCN staff or are on Nepa payroll. My people, here in Lugbe (new site and CBN Quarter) along airport road Abuja, I have been on Generator for over 4 years now. When we see light, it comes at Night (1am -5am) only.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by teamgreat: 8:41am On Sep 27, 2011
Really it has in my area here in Aguda-Surulere,Lagos.They have not taken the light for the past 2 months.Up PHCN!!!!!
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by cogbuagu: 8:45am On Sep 27, 2011
I live in Alpha beach Lekki Lagos State,
NEPA or what ever u call it, do give us light like 5 days in a month and it will be like 15 hours of each of the 5 days ooo,

But, since this month there has been big improvemet, to the extent that our transformer blow in the 1st week of steady light, repaired and till now 27/09/2011 we still hav light.

NEPA do take it like 30mins- 2 hours every day,

I beg Nigerians, like this do me ooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by goodass(m): 8:56am On Sep 27, 2011
yesoooo, nepa has improved. see evidence below:

A Chinese couple living at Victoria Island, Lagos gave birth to a BLACK baby.
The man asked his wife 'WHY?'
She answered, 'No NEPA, Nigeria weather hot, You hot, me hot, s.ex hot, then BABY BURN' grin
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by jacob05(m): 9:01am On Sep 27, 2011
Power went from wonderful to horrible in my area for the past 1 week. Leaving beside the OBA OF LAGOS is not enough advantage to have constant power. F
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by gregg2: 9:58am On Sep 27, 2011
In my area power has improved alot.
Power and fuel are some remarkable achievement of the GEJ administration.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by faithin9ja: 10:39am On Sep 27, 2011
Light Up Nigeria: facts and stats about electricity in Nigeria
The Light Up Nigeria Twitter feed published a series of compelling tweets this morning. I've pasted them all below, more or less in the order they appeared. Read and absorb the complexity of the mess:

• 1881: year Electricity was first generated in England. 15 yrs before Nigeria
• 1896 The year electricity was first generated in Nigeria. Place was Ijora, in Lagos.
• 60KW - Nigeria's generation capacity in 1896.
• Kainji Dam: The oldest, still functional power plant in Nigeria, is about 40 years old.
• 48% - percentage of Nigerians who have NO source of power, 114 years after we first generated power in Nigeria,
• 40%: percentage of the population served by the National grid
• 60%: The average percentage of time when the 40% served by the grid don't have power.
• Kainji Dam: What it was designed produce 760MW, What it is producing now: 400MW. Why? Faulty parts
• 3: Number of Hydro Plants in Nigeria. 1939: Amount of power in MW, they are supposed to generate. 1000: What they generate
• 11: Number of Thermal Plants in NG. 5976: Amount of power in MW, they are supposed to generate. 2589: What they generate
• There are 16 ongoing power generation projects designed to generate 12,500MW for the national grid
• If the projects were completed today, Nigeria would have 20,000MW capacity in generation. BUT,
BUT, The National transmission grid is only designed to carry 4,800MW. So 75% of that capacity will useless,
• But it also gets WORSE. Some of the electricity generated is "lost" in transmission. (Transmission Loss)• Transmission losses usually should not exceed 7%. This means that if 100MW is generated, at least 93MW should get to u!
• The Transmission losses on the Nigerian grid is 35%!!!!! So if 100MW is generated only 65MW gets to you!!
• Please find a diagram of the NG transmission system attached. Notice the TX losses?? http://yfrog.com/114n5g
• Transmission losses in Nigeria are the highest in the world. more than 3 times what is normal.
• Even if we generate 2000GW, our grid will only be able to carry 4800 MW and 1,600MW of that will be WASTED
• So why does the Nigerian transmission grid have such a high loss?? Sabotage! Illegal Connections, Poor Equipment
• There were 12 cases of sabotage of the transmission grid in Nigeria in 2008 alone. (TCN)
• N1m. The amount in Naira paid to Ajibode Community as reward 4 assistance in apprehension of two powerline vandals in 08.
• 30 years: The average age of the equipment on the National grid. Older than most of you!!
• To illustrate the capacity issues on the National grid consider the following example:
• River State spends $161m to generate 275MW. Capacity of Grid into Rivers 100MW. 175MW: what RSG paid 4 they don't get
• Rivers State is only getting 40% benefit of their own investment because of grid limitations. smiley
• Over 90 transmission projects are ongoing, to add an additional 9,000MW to the capacity of the grid
• Even if all 90 transmission projects are completed, There will still be a shortfall of 10,000MW in capacity. God dey.
• But even if we complete all these projects, the biggest question is HOW WILL THEY BE MAINTAINED?
• For more information on the status of power generation projects: http:///cs056D Jan 2010, but still current.
• EFCC survey (published 2010), PHCN ranked least performing & least honest, less than political parties or the police!
• According to the same survey, 82% of the businesses surveyed admit they have bribed PHCN for "better treatment"
If we are bribing PHCN, will they not be corrupt?
• N7/KWh - How much we buy power in Nigeria. N18/KWh - About how much it costs to generate
• N11/KWh - About how much of your electricity bill Govt. pays for you (subsidy). *shrug*
How much of our PHCN bills do we really pay? Lets do a small check. smiley
• 950m - how much in naira Consumers in the Diobu Business Unit in PH Rivers State alone owed PHCN as at March 2010
• 98bn - Amount in naira owed to PHCN by FGN MDA as at April 2009.
• 70bn - Amount owed in debt to PHCN due to unsettled bills as march 2010 - Minister of State for power.
• So if the customers and the govt. are owing PHCN, how do the staff get paid?
• If you are not getting paid or paid well, are you more likely to collect bribes from saboteurs?
• Now lets talk about gas. Gas is the source of fuel for 40% of all power generated in Nigeria.
• Nigeria produces 4.2bcfd of gas every year. 55% of that is flared (burnt up)
• The amount of gas flared in Nigeria creates about 70 million metric tons of CO2 emissions per year. BIG pollution
• Imagine stacking up $2.5bn in $100 notes and burning them up in a huge inferno? That’s what we do when we flare gas!
• The amount of gas we flare can provide electricity for ALL OF Sub-Saharan Africa
• But that is not all. The amount of gas we flare is equivalent to $2.5 BILLION every year!!
• The state of Florida has 55,460MW generating capacity. About 10 times that of Nigeria
• Texas can generate 104,966MW of electricity - beat that with a stick.

This article is over a year old, but much of it is still relevant, however with all these challenges at least in my area electricity supply has improved significantly
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by mailtimi(m): 11:49am On Sep 27, 2011
FALSE. I stay in Ota. Lite is so bad that for two days, we might not have lite.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by cogbuagu: 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
I live in Alpha beach Lekki Lagos State,
NEPA or what ever u call it, do give us light like 5 days in a month and it will be like 15 hours of each of the 5 days ooo,

But, since this month there has been big improvemet, to the extent that our transformer blow in the 1st week of steady light, repaired and till now 27/09/2011 we still hav light.

NEPA do take it like 30mins- 2 hours every day, wink cheesy

I beg Nigerians, like this do me ooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by obinna120: 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2011
nigerians learn how to support a well laid foundation.in my orile lagos area, light has significantly improved.cant you see that prof nnaji is at work.i sleep every night with light.i m not suprised here.opposition supporters are at work
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by dpylot: 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2011
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by timpaker(m): 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2011
oh yeah shocked they have improved by 89% in my area (Kubwa, Abuja).
this is as a result of the contribution we made to acquire a transformer by members of our street embarassed embarassed
since the acquisition of the transformer in April this year, light has always been steady and even when they cut it off it is been restored in less than 20 minutes.  tongue

trust Nigerians na, everybody has started buying washing machine and air-conditions to show off (me inclusive) cool.

the fact is that i don't bother ironing my cloths at the sight of light as i iron them whenever i feel like.

now the little children in my hood no longer shout "UP NEPA!!!" at the sight of light/power. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by UyiIredia(m): 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2011
@ OP >>> Don't even start to think it has improved. Otherwise you'll be stating a big, fat lie.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by ow11(m): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2011
Have our grid lines been upgraded OR have generating capacity gone above 4GW? Since the answers are NO, The OP is engaging in a simple minded praise of an inefficient government for either two reasons 1. The OP is simple minded 2. The OP is disingenous. My guess is 2!
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by AbuHanifa: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2011
Terribly bad in my area. It has gone from bad to worse
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by cicero(m): 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2011
If you enjoying light where ever you are it is because nepa is denying us light to give you light as we have not had light for a couple of days now.

So don't be carried away, they will soon ration it back to us.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by werepeLeri: 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2011
ow11:

Have our grid lines been upgraded OR have generating capacity gone above 4GW? Since the answers are NO, The OP is engaging in a simple minded praise of an inefficient government for either two reasons 1. The OP is simple minded 2. The OP is disingenous. My guess is 2!

You are either blind or you cant read. What is simple mindedness in a simple question of a yes or a no? and what is the meaning of disingenuous? If you have nothing to say, just zip it or jump in front of the next truck. Ok. Loud mouth.

LOL
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by bigaboi: 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atat%C3%BCrk_Dam. In this link you will see it cost turkey $1.25 billion to build a power plant that generates 2,000mw.
where i stay in port harcourt we have been having light for about 12 hours everyday but in the past one week we have not had light and the reason we were giving was that there is an upgrade job in progress so lets see what happens.
imo jonathan's government is a failed project.
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by webmpro(m): 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2011
People in my area we practically burn fuel on generators daily clocking over #40,000 monthly,
We were told to use shared power system maybe a new plan with the new PHCN, its a situation whereby we have power for three days and a day off (Irony) hmm!

When we heard that first we were very happy only to discover that the PHCN meant only the opposite of their promise.

Infact the one day on is even mostly at nights around 10 or 11 p.m

And this same people never failed to supply us with a regular hug amount of monthly bills.

Lets see what will happen at last, now a lot of people are even inviting the PHCN to come and take away their metters while they rely on generators.

We are tired!
Re: I Think Nepa Has Improved. True Or False. by TeOne: 4:06pm On Sep 28, 2011
I think nepa has improved, But I need more of this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Atiku Being Referred To As An IPOB Candidate In The North? / Britains Two Biggest Media Houses Carry Story Of Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest- Pictures / Ohanaeze: Overwhelming Majority Of Igbo Don’t Believe In Sucession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.