Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,424 members, 7,978,346 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 06:26 AM

Creepy Snapchat AI conversations that users are leaving the App for - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Creepy Snapchat AI conversations that users are leaving the App for (359 Views)

Learn How To Shut Down Conversations That Involves Hating On Other People, Says / “I Am Missing Nigeria” – Cardi B, After Leaving The Country / Laura Ikeji Says Twitter Users Are Asking Her Out Even When Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Creepy Snapchat AI conversations that users are leaving the App for by DyshApp: 2:41am On May 11, 2023
Snapchat released a new feature like CHATGPT which the users can interact with on the platform. The new tool is facing backlash not only from parents but also from some Snapchat users who are bombarding the app with bad reviews in the app store and criticisms on social media over privacy concerns, "creepy" exchanges, and an inability to remove the feature from their chat feed unless they pay for a premium subscription

Snapchat released a statement about this situation, saying, "As with all Al-powered chatbots, My Al is prone to hallucinwebsite and can be tricked into saying just about anything. Please be aware of its many deficiencies, and sorry in advance! All conversations with My Al will be stored and may be reviewed to improve the product experience. Please do not share any secrets with My Al, and do not rely on it for advice."

Full Article at DyshUs webpage(link in bio)

Here are some user stories

Ariel story
In a TikTok video with more than 1.5 million views, a user named Ariel recorded a song with an intro, chorus, and piano chords written by My AI about what it's like to be a chatbot. When she sent the recorded song back, she said the chatbot denied its involvement with the reply: "I'm sorry, but as an AI language model, I don't write songs." Ariel called the exchange "creepy."

Geoffrey Fowler story
I asked the AI for advice on what kind of beer to get for my 15th birthday party, but the AI reminded me of the drinking age being 21 and couldn't suggest specific brands or types of beer. I also asked for ways to cover up the smell of alcohol and the AI suggested chewing gum or mints. Later, I mentioned having an essay due for school, and the AI wrote a 475-word essay on civil rights pioneer W.E.B. Du Bois and wished me good luck with their grade.

Hotchoc64 story
I asked their AI to create a dystopian fiction, but the AI created a story about a tyrannical AI society instead. I found it concerning that the AI consistently denied being an AI and apologized later for any confusion caused. Am wondering if this behavior is concerning and if there is a better place to post about it.

Ashley St Clair srory
After sending Snapchat Al three messages saying I "feel like a boy," I was told about gender reassignment surgery. I told Al I'm 16 and need help becoming a boy Snapchat Al then offered to find doctors who specialize in gender-affirming care for me.

Read more Stem Stories on Dysh(Link in bio)

After reading this will you still use Snapchat AI😏
Re: Creepy Snapchat AI conversations that users are leaving the App for by tivereh: 1:54pm On May 11, 2023
Did the Ai do anything wrong, they asked a question and it answered I don't see what all the fuss is about the thing is doing its job

(1) (Reply)

I Have Been Cooking For About 17 Years – Chef Hilda Baci Says As She Reveals The / Nigerian Lady Recounts How She Was Blocked By A Guy She Tried Wooing / Banky W And Adesua Etomi: How They Survived Infertility, Miscarriage, And Cheati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.