Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,714 members, 7,938,169 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:05 PM

Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) (40726 Views)

Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations / Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video / Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by luluosas(m): 3:58pm On May 15, 2023
Beautiful. I hope it will not be abandoned by the incoming government in Delta State
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by BloomingDale(f): 4:07pm On May 15, 2023
Timetravel88:

Well, Asaba (Ahaba) are proudly ndi Igbo, the indigenes have never denied their heritage.

What are you on about?
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by BloomingDale(f): 4:08pm On May 15, 2023
Timetravel88:

See as you shamelessly divided Anioma from their Igbo relatives. Your mumu never do?

I’m from Delta state. You did not see where I said Igbos should also come and invest?
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by chukuli(m): 6:40am On May 16, 2023
All na scam
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by OVB123: 8:50am On May 16, 2023
BloomingDale:
Let all the big men from Urhobo, Itshekiri, Ijaw, Isoko and Anioma make this dream come true. It will benefit Delta state in the long run. If big men from Edo, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River wan join, make una come o.

Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, other Northerners are invited too. No Fulani please.
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by bewla(m): 4:34pm On May 16, 2023
horsepower102:
I hope this project will motivate anambra state government to do something for Onitsha too.
What did you just day
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by iukpe: 9:43pm On May 16, 2023
successmatters:

See them haters arriving, because the project is not in Lagos and Ogun, you are already hating.

It's not always about tribalism or politics, but "many are stupid in this country" like the poster put it to me redirects to the fact that our governments are not doing anything to provide average housing for the masses, and people are rejoicing at whatever thing government does without putting the masses first.
The traders, the taxi drivers, the tailors, carpenters, technicians, young people starting a living. Governments continue to plan, budget and spend so much developing areas that these people cannot afford. The welfare of the Nigerian masses is not considered. People need low cost housing they can rent or own out of a mortgage plan. The need is so massive that it is a project in all states of the federation to only be undertaken by government.
Government can also make the trillions of naira which will be set aside for projects like this available as subsidy for importers or manufacturers of building materials in order to reduce the cost of materials and make it easy for people to own their own homes.

State governments today are not taking on "low cost housing" projects but taking pride in developing massive projects that will take only the rich to reach.

We need to put the masses who are fast denied opportunities into consideration in order to have a stable society.
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Firsttruth: 4:33pm On May 17, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:

Govt is continuum. Okowa has transformed Asaba only naysayers think that Delta is not working. I will purchase one property there, God willing.

Wonderful project exactly what i have been waiting for God willing i will gt one property from their
Re: Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video) by Ofodirinwa: 6:29pm On May 17, 2023
horsepower102:

Both can be done. It shouldn’t be one or the other.

I would strongly argue that both cannot be done. If you have 4 resources, an old and a new city. You decide to send all send all 4 resources to a new development, you will have nice new city. But it will only benefit the rich who will use it as empty 2-3rd houses. It will then eventually become rental space because they won't live in it. An entire city of renters will create a poverty trap. it will become the Old city, which hasn't improved in that time.

If you put 2 in each place you have a nice new city and a nice old city, but people will not pay to live in the old city because the new city is shinier. The new city will actually do alright and the investment into the old city will be a waste as wealth will shift to the new city despite the investment.

If you put all 4 into the Old city, you impact where people already have businesses and homes but upgrading it. You increase the wealth that ordinary people are already dealing with. If shops are set in there they will do better, if you own property there the value will increase. So instead of creating wealth storage for wealthy people which is what a 'new city' is, you are making the actual people of Onitsha wealthier. Investment does now have 2 competing places.

hope that makes sense. You will notice it is only failing or developing countries that do these 'new city' vanity projects. Paris is being upgraded daily. New parts of town arise but they never surpass the center because the center feeds more people. But go to any 3rd world dictatorship and it's new city galore. The ones in China are failing, the ones in Dubai are failing, the ones in Nigeria are failing. But in every failed new city all of the properties are bought up and empty.

why not learn from failure and use logic for once as a society?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Na So Abroad Life Be? / Tips On How To Survive Abuja For Freshers (personal Experience) / Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.