Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,431 members, 7,904,593 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 04:11 PM

Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty (1880 Views)

Kanye West Shot! Don Jazzy Arresed, K'switch Breaks Wiv Dr.sid And Wande / An Interview I Kinda Had Wiv Timaya (dem Mama Soldiers) / Name Your Favourite Naija Music Videos? Those That Can Compete Internationally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by sugachic(f): 3:33am On Sep 05, 2007
i think kanye is jst deceiving himself bout that whole "if 50's sales r higher than mine, i'll quit" thingy. err1 knows that no matter how much of a beef dog fifty is, his sales always manage to exceed expectations. i think kanye is crazy to think he'll actually beat fifty. wot y'all think?
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by Kjay(m): 6:38pm On Sep 05, 2007
I feel u though. . . but u seem to be unaware of Kanye's rising profile. that guys lyrics r hot!! and he's videos are even better. Fifty is all about his paper. . .
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by naijadiva2(f): 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2007
who cares. y everyone so pressed about the whole 50/kanye thing. just because they are both releasing their albums the same day doesn't mean anything.
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by tosinadeda: 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2007
Hey suga chic dnt go misleadn peeps here,it was 50 who came up with d retirement shit if kanye sells more records than him.
Its obvious kanye's a beta rapper than that proud idiot that is lucky2 still b alive
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by ladebi(m): 10:08am On Sep 12, 2007
sugachic:

i think kanye is jst deceiving himself bout that whole "if 50's sales r higher than mine, i'll quit" thingy. err1 knows that no matter how much of a beef dog fifty is, his sales always manage to exceed expectations. i think kanye is crazy to think he'll actually beat fifty. wot y'all think?
Wow where and how did you get that.
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by A40(m): 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2007
Why is he crazy the guy has more skills period 50 is thriving on beef and he wouldnt be where he is today without that beef shit
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by eldee(m): 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2007
Wiv lyrics like

, be happy i turned up for this fake shit.

His sales will be as low as those of Nas
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by younghoodi(m): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2007
kanye was scared and shit he was mad nervous on 106&park.
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by A40(m): 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2007
@eldee
Haaha dont even go there 50 spits some whack shit too
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 12, 2007
if u'r anywhere close to this earth u shlda knwn by nw dat kanye is already selling more than fiffdy as they call him.50 is just living on beef shit.hav u seen ayo technology,straight to the bank and amusement park?pure wack,compare it to stronger and the other one.wake up guys.check this culled from billoards website.

It looks like 50 Cent is headed for retirement, if store reports continue to trend the way they were by mid-afternoon today (Sept. 11). 50 Cent had told SOHH.com that he would quit the rap game if his new G-Unit/Interscope album, "Curtis," was outsold by Kanye West's Def Jam set "Graduation," both of which were released today.

Sales data is finalized Sunday at midnight when the Nielsen SoundScan week officially ends, but early indications are that West will be the victor, at least in the first week.

According to executives with three of the major labels, whose job duties include projecting first week scans based on early store sales reports, "Graduation" could come in at the 575,000-700,000 range, while "Curtis" is being projected in the 500,000-600,000 range.
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by eldee(m): 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2007
yeah kanye too threatened to quit, this is going to be so cool, kanye's on top though. he beat 50 on mtv's request.
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by mrmetoo(m): 11:25pm On Sep 12, 2007
sugachic:

OK. Kanye NEVER said anything about quitting, 50 was the one that said so. This whole hype is 50's doing because without it not as many ppl would have paid attention to his album with all the wack singles. He's smart is all I can say about him
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by sugachic(f): 3:26am On Sep 13, 2007
y'all shld stop hatin. i jst said wot i hrd. it aint like i'm on any of them's side. i jst thot wiv fifty's massive sales over the years, it was kinda crazy to thnk kanye's sales cld beat his. kanye's pretty good but its like 50's got som kind of magic,
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by iice(f): 5:36am On Sep 13, 2007
And why would it be inconceivable for Kanye to beat 50? undecided

Granted that 50 is more commercial. . .say clubbing hits
Kanye is making his way up there too, and if you listen to his lyrics, they are quite powerful, inspiring even. . .even more, he experiments with his beats, sounds, rhythm and flavor. . .

Am not a big fan of either mind you. . .Kanye's too arrogant but he sure does make good music and his videos are tight!
Fiddy usually has addictive and memorable songs
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by femionasan(m): 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2007
kanye is still on top. 50 is just looking for a way to get good album sales. Its all a business gimmick.
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by trendy(f): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2007
wasn't it fifty who promised to quit
am still waiting for him to quit
good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by A40(m): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2007
Fifty messed with the wrong guy thats just the truth.Thanks Kanye you did the ROC proud i told those clowns Kanye would defeat him if only you saw how Fifty was floored on I-tunes I mean with tracks like Eh-Yo technology he had no hope
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by dikizie(m): 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2007
I bets be Graduating rather than being a Curtis fan. How can I buy an album with songs as stupid as Follow my lead in it. Fifty killed his rap career with this, he should as well start singing. Talent and mad Skillz would win over brute, trash talking and arrogance any day. Big up to the winner Kanye West.

@ sugachic

Get your info right, Fifty on SOHH.com was the one that said he would retire if Kanye should outsell him on the first day. Kanye is just in it for the money.
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by Jackal(m): 10:56pm On Sep 13, 2007
50 cent is a media juggernaut.
His tentacles are spread globally and he will outsell Kanye West eventually.
Fiddy's 1st album has sold 10 platinums and the 2nd album(The MASSACRE) is currently on 7 plats.
He sold 2 million copies of THE MASSACRE in India.
It will be a biblical miracle if Kanye outsells him by the end of the 1st week . . . .
The production of this album far exceeds THE MASSACRE and the beats are very subliminal.
His primary audience of the suburban WHITE AMERICA will buy this album in the shiploads.
Never underestimate the power of FIFTY . . . . . . . . .
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by mrmetoo(m): 2:58am On Sep 14, 2007
Jackal:

50 cent is a media juggernaut.
His tentacles are spread globally and he will outsell Kanye West eventually.
Fiddy's 1st album has sold 10 platinums and the 2nd album(The MASSACRE) is currently on 7 plats.
He sold 2 million copies of THE MASSACRE in India.
It will be a biblical miracle if Kanye outsells him by the end of the 1st week . . . .
The production of this album far exceeds THE MASSACRE and the beats are very subliminal.
His primary audience of the suburban WHITE AMERICA will buy this album in the shiploads.
Never underestimate the power of FIFTY . . . . . . . . .

His beats are subliminal? What does that even mean? Fifty does not have that fan base u're talking about anymore. His songs are not banging on the airwaves like b4. Check the charts his singles are doing far below what is supposed to be "50's standard". The so called suburban white kids listen to Kanye too and from the charts Kanye's singles are doing far better. We all know these so called white suburban kids dictate the charts. So what does that tell u? I really don't care who sells more but I know Kanye deserves it for the effort he put into the album.
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by seun001(m): 7:33am On Sep 14, 2007
i think fifty cant beat kanye cos his rating have been dropping with each single he turns out.so it aint gonna surprise me if he flops.
i remember he says he wants to be loved like tupac.that aint possible cos when u start rapping about banging girls everytime u lose credibility same thing that happened to ja-rule.
u cant listen to a tupac album and not have a re-think about life.
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by A40(m): 4:13am On Sep 15, 2007
seun001:

i think fifty can't beat kanye because his rating have been dropping with each single he turns out.so it aint going to surprise me if he flops.
i remember he says he wants to be loved like tupac.that aint possible because when u start rapping about banging girls everytime u lose credibility same thing that happened to ja-rule.
u can't listen to a tupac album and not have a re-think about life.
So true the guy was a disaster waiting to happen i just hope he can shush it and try and regain his lost form
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by sweeti14(f): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2007
What im waiting for is his retirement anything more,nothing less, I've had enough rubbish from him angry angry.Like trendy wrote good riddance to bad rubbish wink
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by younghoodi(m): 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2007
just cuz of this shit am hatin on kanye 4 real,wack ass chicago fagay ass nigga wanna ufck with us maaaaaaan i can't belive this clown ass nigga.
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by A40(m): 12:22am On Sep 16, 2007
50 is more of a bitch than Kanye that has been established times without number
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by uchetobi(f): 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2007
Its a ploy to propagate record sales.
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by mrmetoo(m): 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2007
@topic

So who's crazy now hehe
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by eldee(m): 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2007
Admin, please can u kindly help us delete this thread and let sugarchic cover her head in shame
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by seun001(m): 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2007
eldee:

Admin, please can u kindly help us delete this thread and let sugarchic cover her head in shame

seconding the motion, singingwinner o o o! winner, winner o o o,
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by thegame(m): 7:27pm On Sep 20, 2007
50 is now whack./ Everyone knows that. I hate amusement park, straight to the bank videos.The guy is blowing the cover up in music business. There is no way he gon outsell kanye. Check out this lyrics.
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by freshkid(m): 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2007
@ poster, i ve only 1 thing 2 say: u jst dont knw who KANYE is. Well he is sellin way beta than 50 at d momnet. its advisible for 50 to go chill sumwhre. its over 4 him. he has nofin more 2 offer.
d GRADUATION album is hiphop, wen was d last tym u heard sumfin beta than dat? long tym ago probably since Black Album. Evry song on graduation was on piont
Re: Kanye Must Be Crazy To Think He Can Compete Wiv Ifty by Kress(m): 9:24pm On Sep 20, 2007
@sugachic,what do u know about rap?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alexpissu Vs Mailmalc / Branama Pls By Kefee / Old School Nigerian Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.