Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,032 members, 7,915,985 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:29 PM

‘I Have No Grudge Against Tinubu’, Bode George Declares - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Have No Grudge Against Tinubu’, Bode George Declares (429 Views)

FG Stops Air Peace Flight Operations To Benue Over Grudge With Governor Ortom / 2023: Buhari Should Be Wary Of People Trying To Market Tinubu ― Bode George / Nemesis Catching Up With Tinubu – Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Have No Grudge Against Tinubu’, Bode George Declares by ElectroLyte: 1:47pm On May 15, 2023
https://thestreetjournal.org/i-have-no-grudge-against-tinubu-bode-george-declares/

Chief Olabode George, a chieftain of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), has revealed that he bears no personal grudge towards the President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

Tinubu and George are both political leaders in Lagos but George has been criticizing Tinubu as they both belong to different political parties

The duo have been known to be eternal political foes thus the relationship between them has been soured but George has been the more vocal protagonist.

Over the years, the former Deputy National Chairman of the PDP has not hidden his dislike for the former Lagos State governor, specifically because of Tinubu’s high influence in the governance of Lagos state under the umbrella of APC.

George revealed his plan to embark on a self-imposed exile if Tinubu becomes Nigeria’s president and has been reminded of this statement on several occasions since Tinubu’s emergence as the President-elect.

A peace meeting, initiated by some APC leaders was held in Lagos on Saturday, May 13, 2023, to reconcile the two illustrious sons of the state.

The reconciliation effort was headed by Prince Tajudeen Olusi, the leader of the Governance Advisory Council (GAC) – the apex leadership of the party in Lagos State.

The meeting was held at George’s Lagos residence and was attended by Olusi, a former judge of the Lagos State High Court, Justice Ishola Olorunnimbe (retd), Senior Special Assistant to the President on SDGs, Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire; and former Deputy Governors of Lagos State, Senator Kofoworola Bucknor-Akerele and Prince Abiodun Ogunleye

George commended the elders for the peace parley which he described as a positive step towards a new Lagos.

The PDP chieftain, clarified that there’s nothing personal about his criticism of the former Governor.

He added that Justice Olorunnimbe is like a father, and that they respect their fathers in Lagos.

He said when Papa Olusi told him he wanted to come and see him, he sent s message to Olusi that he will go to see him instead.

Papa Olusi refused and insisted on coming to visit him.

George added that this was the second time Papa Olusi was visiting and they had detailed discussions that bothered on the unity of Lagos.

They re-established the fact that the culture of Lagos is to accept and accommodate other tribes.

George added that the topic from the visit was also hinged on the details of working together, because a divided house will be a defeated house.

George explained to Baba Olusi that there is no problem about working together and that unity of purpose in Lagos State, irrespective of party affiliations was the goal.

“On the bottom line, you are a Lagosian though we can different political affiliations.

I’m respect to Tinubu, George said what had happened has gone, vengeance is not his but the almighty God.

He added that him and Tinubu will have differences, and disagree but they must not be disagreeable.

George narrated that they were asked to congratulate Asiwaju and they said yes, but would wait for all the court cases to finish first.

George said, congratulating Tinubu wasn’t a problem because God knows best and as a believer, this was his school of thought.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Have No Grudge Against Tinubu’, Bode George Declares by Ireportlive: 1:49pm On May 15, 2023
grin

Tinubu really rendered many useless politically

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Have No Grudge Against Tinubu’, Bode George Declares by BRIMBRAM: 1:53pm On May 15, 2023
cheesy

Asiwaju d man without a vindictive heart 💓. Always seeking to build bridges and not destroy them.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Have No Grudge Against Tinubu’, Bode George Declares by Draslo(m): 2:09pm On May 15, 2023
Living with bitterness in your heart will do more damage than you can imagine. Now Asiwaju is the #1 citizen and he no send your mama
Re: ‘I Have No Grudge Against Tinubu’, Bode George Declares by EKONGKING: 2:10pm On May 15, 2023
Even the eternal lagos foe of tinubu has repented and accepted tinubu.

Tinubu has started off strong and will run a very inclusive government and good natured people from eastern parts should join tinubu in national building .

Criticism is good for democracy and allows us to keep politicians under control, mindless wailing and hate politics practiced by obidients is not good for democracy as well as not bring them to power ever.
Re: ‘I Have No Grudge Against Tinubu’, Bode George Declares by Solofresh2: 2:27pm On May 15, 2023
Alert don enter grin
Re: ‘I Have No Grudge Against Tinubu’, Bode George Declares by illicit(m): 6:46pm On May 15, 2023
So fast
Re: ‘I Have No Grudge Against Tinubu’, Bode George Declares by WorldRichest: 7:01pm On May 15, 2023
Stop deceiving yourself, EMilokan Tinubu cares less about insignificant figures like you.
Re: ‘I Have No Grudge Against Tinubu’, Bode George Declares by baby124: 7:05pm On May 15, 2023
It’s not easy in old age to relocate to Cotonou. Tinubu enjoys his opposition I think cheesy. He will soon start again, let’s wait and see. Bode can’t help himself.
Re: ‘I Have No Grudge Against Tinubu’, Bode George Declares by ogmask: 7:18pm On May 15, 2023
I am sure he is waiting for the outcome of the cases in court before he goes into exile or not.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Labour Party Set To Compensate Lamidi Apapa Faction / Is Nigeria Air A Scam? / El-rufai Proscribes Southern Kaduna Group Hours To Handover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.