Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,183 members, 7,884,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:23 AM

Hilda Baci's World Record Is Overhyped. Change My View - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Hilda Baci's World Record Is Overhyped. Change My View (3874 Views)

What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) / Stunning Photos Of Hilda Baci / What Hilda Baci Has Been Cooking For 4 Days To Break Guinness World Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilda Baci's World Record Is Overhyped. Change My View by olaxm: 11:52am On May 16, 2023
If someone like me enter street and begin run Yahoo. Many will befriend me. Naija celebrate medicrioty. Thank God for twitter folks.

But as a trader in view na failure to many. And worst past is many youtuber who post about seccessful trading are very intellectually low.

But they just endured the test of time/years to learn for profit. Simple.

In trading no get rich quick is the drive the game loots.
Re: Hilda Baci's World Record Is Overhyped. Change My View by Evilstorm: 1:37pm On May 16, 2023
gbengaeed:
When you carefully look at the situation, you could see that the only thing that matters to Nigerians is cruise and vibe nothing of substance. more reason we produce more that 1000 computer engr. yearly who can't do an hour without been online and yet no single invention, a graduate of agriculture who doesn't see potentials in Nigeria other than govt. should fund me or i JAPA, more reason while ENDSARS degenerate into what it become because youth were having fun in protesting while the nation is already burning, go to any social media platform and see stupidity of Nigerian all in the name of skit. in the next 10-15years the same set of people would be in leadership position either private or govt. and one would be expecting a world class performance.

I wish I could like ur comment one million times. These kind of post and comments are the things that makes me visit this site.

2 Likes

Re: Hilda Baci's World Record Is Overhyped. Change My View by gbengaeed(m): 2:28pm On May 16, 2023
Evilstorm:

I wish I could like ur comment one million times. These kind of post and comments are the things that makes me visit this site.

Thanks in a million.

2 Likes

Re: Hilda Baci's World Record Is Overhyped. Change My View by Godwin4444: 3:31pm On May 16, 2023
malaria:

Obviously the babe get connection and projection to push her and support. I appreciate her a lot make Nigerians chill abeg . They don dey catch cruise on top her matter
all her pictures I saw on social media proved she’s a high caliber call girl

My observation though
Re: Hilda Baci's World Record Is Overhyped. Change My View by Godwin4444: 3:37pm On May 16, 2023
Smartguyboy:

The hyping was just because of her look which she went under the knife 🔪 nothing more.
they see a chef, I see an olosho

Her pictures proved me right

My personal opinion though
Re: Hilda Baci's World Record Is Overhyped. Change My View by mariahAngel(f): 3:43pm On May 16, 2023
Infolenka:

So standing to cook for 24hrs is an achievement worthy of national celebration?

On Christmas eve thousands of women around Nigeria cook for hours. There is nothing special about cooking. People have been cooking for thousands of years. It's not an achievement.

It is an achievement.
Stop trivializing cooking.
That they do it everyday does not mean it is easy.
Re: Hilda Baci's World Record Is Overhyped. Change My View by finallybusy: 6:34pm On May 16, 2023
Things trend. It makes the world interesting. If I complained about every stupid dance which came out over the years, I would end up dancing naked in the market square.
Re: Hilda Baci's World Record Is Overhyped. Change My View by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 16, 2023
Infolenka:
First of all, I will like to say that I am happy for Hilda for breaking a world record. It's never an easy feat, however, I think Nigerians are really overhyping this.

Hilda didn't really achieve anything groundbreaking or even useful by cooking for 100 hours, especially one that would warrant such national attention. Yes she broke a world record, but all she did was cook. Not like she was inventing a new delicacy or manufactured a new technology to cook food.

One thing I have noticed about this country is we don't have our priorities right. And it's not just the leaders, majority of the population are culpable. For the past three days almost every post on my Whatsapp status is about Hilda. My twitter and Facebook timeline is all about Hilda, but really is this something worth celebrating by a whole nation?

Go on Youtube and you will see various accounts by white kids from different western countries doing even more amazing stuff, but their countries do not recognize them, simply because it isn't worth recognizing. In the 21st century, a serious country recognizes technological innovation, groundbreaking medic
al research and other things that actually make a positive and impactful difference in the world. What impact has Hilda's 100 hours cooking made? It's not like she's cooking to end world hunger. What will be the positive impact of her cooking 2 months from now?

We really need to get our priorities right. There are university students that have done more useful projects that can actually solve problems and put Nigeria on the global map, but yet no one gives a damn. These projects can actually make a difference, create jobs and improve the economy of this country, but some pretty girl cooks for 4 days and everyone cant shut up.

This is 2023 where countries have gotten to the level where they can wipe out the whole of Nigeria in minutes; where countries have developed AI technology that can completely transform the economy of the world, yet a country of over 200 million people are celebrating a woman that did nothing else but cook, as if she just discovered the cure for cancer. Shame!

Na the yansh wey she do o...no mind them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Eat Any Of These Cakes Without Vomiting (viewers Discretion) / Where Can I Buy 100%0rganic Coconut Flour / What Is The English Name Of This Plant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.