Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,122 members, 7,977,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 11:09 PM

Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet (2569 Views)

Kwankwaso Holds Four-hour Meeting With Tinubu In Paris, May Join Cabinet / Kwankwaso Holds Rally In Kibiya Local Government, Kano (Pictures) / FG, Labour’s Eight-Hour Meeting Ends In Deadlock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by LegendHero(m): 12:30pm On May 16, 2023

Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the president-elect, and Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, who flew the flag of New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) in the February 25 presidential election, met for four hours in Paris, France, on Monday, TheCable can report.

At the centre of the discussion, TheCable understands, was the potential involvement of Kwankwaso in the in-coming administration as Tinubu plans to form a “government of national unity” — which means giving certain positions to opposition parties.

The meeting also discussed issues around the election of the legislative leaders ahead of the June 13 inauguration of the 10th national assembly.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has zoned the two top positions in both chambers but some of its members are kicking against the formula and threatening to go in alliance with the opposition to torpedo the arrangement.

While APC has 59 senators and 175 members of the houses of reps, NNPP has two and 19 respectively.

A simple majority of 56 senators and 181 reps are needed elect the top two leaders in his house respectively.

Tinubu’s representatives have also been meeting with key figures in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), TheCable confirmed.

The Paris meeting between Tinubu and Kwankwaso started at 12.30pm and ended at 4.45pm, insiders told TheCable.

Femi Gbajabiamila, speaker of the house of reps and presumptive chief of staff to the president-elect, attended the meeting while Abdulmumin Jibrin, an NNPP rep-elect and former leader of a Tinubu campaign organisation, accompanied Kwankwaso.

Oluremi Tinubu, senator and wife of president-elect received Kwankwaso’s wife, Salamatu.

TheCable learnt that Tinubu and Kwankwaso reminisced on their relationship dating back to the national assembly in 1992.

Tinubu was a senator while Kwankwaso was deputy speaker in the house of reps.

TheCable understands that Kwankwaso, in principle, agreed to join Tinubu’s government subject to consultations with the stakeholders on both sides.

Tinubu is expected to brief Kashim Shettima, the vice-president elect, APC governors forum and other party leaders while Kwankwaso will do same with his party leadership.

TheCable learnt that Tinubu expressed concern over the strained relations between Abdullahi Ganduje, outgoing governor of Kano state, and Kwankwaso, and promised to broker peace between them.

Ganduje was deputy to Kwankwaso when he was governor of Kano from 2011 to 2015 but they have soon parted ways.

Tinubu polled 8,797,726 votes to win the presidential election, beating PDP’s Atiku Abubakar by a margin of of two million.

However, Kwankwaso polled 1.5 million which many analysts believe were votes that could have gone to Atiku if the former Kano governor had not defected from the PDP.

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-kwankwaso-holds-four-hour-meeting-with-tinubu-in-paris-may-join-cabinet/amp#

CC: Mynd44

6 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by Tntsi: 12:36pm On May 16, 2023
If you love tinubu, tell him and push him to back off. He is being pushed to a monumental shame and collaspe.
Presidency is not for him.
Tell him to back off for his own good. Hardening his neck like pharoah, is heading to a fall that will be painful and hurtful.

The appointed time of the OBIDIENT new Nigeria has come. No being can stop it.
Once again , tinubu back off. You are being pushed to an unpalatable end.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by sonature1: 12:36pm On May 16, 2023
We know that Kwankwanso wouldn't last in NNPP but it's a good thing he played the spoiler in the last presidential election. Apparently, Tinubu is already planning to capture Kano ahead of 2027 elections.

If Tinubu successfully completes 8 years in office, Nigerians will have to choose between El-Rufai and Kwankwanso as the president in 2031 because the Tinubu I know can never organise free and fair elections.

8 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by Coolsat(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2023
Good development. The incoming government might turn out to be good as against the expectations of Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by Ladiesdoctor(m): 12:39pm On May 16, 2023
Kwankwaso ambition is stronger than Nigeria.

He is already the Lion of Kano Politics, the fate of Kano politicians and Emirates is in his pocket

Anyway, the worst and the most toxic politician In Nigeria is THANK YOU DADDY

6 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by LegendHero(m): 12:39pm On May 16, 2023
Jagaban. This Tinubu is the only true politician I know in Nigeria.

Some people have talent for music, some for dancing, but Bola Tinubu talent is playing politics.

He strategically controlled Atiku, Obi, and Kwakwanso from outside the scene and played his game so well that they all worked for him without them knowing.

With the move he’s doing currently with the NASS, more members of LP/PDP/NNPP will vote for the APC NASS candidates that it will even surprise the leadership of those parties.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by TheBillyonaire: 12:40pm On May 16, 2023
Same old brigade? I thought I heard rumours that he wanted to replicate Lagos experience with new minds..

Seems E-money and MC Olomo will make the cabinets for drop shipping of bricks and stones.
Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by Phantom233: 12:40pm On May 16, 2023
Tinubu obviously went for health maintenance abi lkwankwaso is the so called investors that the druggie went to visit? Pity Nigeria
Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by Ttalk: 12:40pm On May 16, 2023
Signing window is still close, Obi and his obidients should emulate Kwakwaso and stop playing nzogbu nzogbu

3 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by Peacemaker5129(f): 12:45pm On May 16, 2023
Ipob terrorists are in serious severe pain

10 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by LegendHero(m): 12:45pm On May 16, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Same old brigade? I thought I heard rumours that he wanted to replicate Lagos experience with new minds..

Seems E-money and MC Olomo will make the cabinets for drop shipping of bricks and stones.

Kwakwanso people love him genuinely. You can only be a leader if you have followers. Kwakwanso is an important politician in Nigeria but I know headless mob don’t usually reason before they talk.

MC Oluomo have contributed more to humanity than Nnamdi Kanu the terrorist who you people always praise blindly. While Oluomo do philanthropic stuff and you see people benefit from him, Kanu only bring death and sorrow to his people with resultant economic sabotage of sit at home.

I’ll rather have a MC Oluomo in my state than have terrorists like Kanu who your people follow like flies.

13 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by TheBillyonaire: 12:56pm On May 16, 2023
LegendHero:

Kwakwanso people love him genuinely. You can only be a leader if you have followers. Kwakwanso is an important politician in Nigeria but I know headless mob don’t usually reason before they talk.

MC Oluomo have contributed more to humanity than Nnamdi Kanu the terrorist who you people always praise blindly. While Oluomo do philanthropic stuff and you see people benefit from him, Kanu only bring death and sorrow to his people with resultant economic sabotage of sit at home.

I’ll rather have a MC Oluomo in my state than have terrorists like Kanu who your people follow like flies.

I am not your enemy, just find an Igbo guy and compete with. You guys are making your tribe look like collective consciousness of gangsters who attack anyone with super ignorance that Nigeria has more than 3 tribes.
Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by Toluwanise247(m): 12:58pm On May 16, 2023
All hards is needed to take this nation forward, even third class student can join the train he might be useful as sanitation department

5 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by LegendHero(m): 1:00pm On May 16, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

I am not your enemy, just find an Igbo guy and compete with. You guys are making your tribe look like collective consciousness of gangsters who attack anyone with super ignorance that Nigeria has more than 3 tribes.

Nobody cares if you are from mekuturu tribe.

Can you tell me what MC Oluomo did to your ancestors that made you insert him in your comments?

Was he the one that kidnapped your village king or he stole your state budget?

13 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by TheBillyonaire: 1:04pm On May 16, 2023
LegendHero:

Nobody cares if you are from mekuturu tribe.

Can you tell me what MC Oluomo did to your ancestors that made you insert him in your comments?

I do not associate with, or get compared to illiterates, especially illiterate touts without even a basic understanding of GSS 001.
MC Oluomo will bring down my reputational worth if I am to even answer his greetings.

You can worship my dog, and gain redemption literally. Run along smelly prick.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by LegendHero(m): 1:07pm On May 16, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

I do not associate with, or get compared to illiterates, especially illiterate touts without even a basic understanding of GSS 001.
MC Oluomo will bring down my reputational worth if I am to even answer his greetings.

Below is your comment about Yoruba/Lagos. I know you guys are always scared to reveal your identities because it seems you’re now getting ashamed of being identified with your tribe.

You said you’re not Ibo, but you’re here claiming Ibo should be governor of Lagos. Why can’t you say your “nameless” tribe should be governor or better still depose your village king and install an Ibo?

Lol 😂 reputational worth? Who dash you reputation.

TheBillyonaire:
I support the notion that an Igbo man needs to be Governor of Lagos State. Nigeria is a democracy.

It is hypocrisy to celebrate a Nigerian becoming mayor in USA and Parliamentarian in Europe yet a Nigerian can not be Governor in Nigerian State of Lagos because he has Igbo ancestry.

If there is any Nigerian who celebrated Obama being USA president but does not like the Idea of Lagos birthed Igbo Nigerian being governor of Lagos, such a fellow should be shamed.

TheBillyonaire:

If you were given birth to, in Abia or Enugu, you are legally qualified. Do not be scared, no one will cut your head. There are less people of Yoruba origin in Lagos. Yoruba is not the dominant tribe in Lagos at the moment. So prepare to be evicted from Alausa. This is a fact.

11 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by TheBillyonaire: 1:15pm On May 16, 2023
LegendHero:

Below is your comment about Lagos. I know you guys are always scared to reveal your identities because it seems you’re now getting ashamed of being identified with your tribe.

You said you’re not Ibo, but you’re here claiming Ibo should be governor of Lagos. Why can’t you say your “nameless” tribe should be governor or better still depose your village king and install an Ibo?

Constitutionally qualified Lagosians by birth will have to become Governor to get rid of iliiterate thugs away from Alausa. Many Lagosians are not Yoruba. So many are Igbos, Hausas etc. They were birthed in Lagos and constitutionally are qualified to govern Lagos their State.

I know illiterates like you will not understand that fact.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by IVORY2009(m): 1:19pm On May 16, 2023
LegendHero:
Jagaban. This Tinubu is the only true politician I know in Nigeria.

Some people have talent for music, some for dancing, but Bola Tinubu talent is playing politics.

He strategically controlled Atiku, Obi, and Kwakwanso from outside the scene and played his game so well that they all worked for him without them knowing.

With the move he’s doing currently with the NASS, more members of LP/PDP/NNPP will vote for the APC NASS candidates that it will even surprise the leadership of those parties.

Tinubu is not a good politician, travel outside the country to places like the united States that practices same system of govt as ours and see how their politicians play politics, Tinubu amasses monies from those he places in offices, example I put you there and monthly you remit 500 million to me, go and ask the former governor Ambode, this monies is what he uses to buy his way through now, from the APC presidential convention till date, even buying of the Inec Chairman, so tell me, is Tinubu a politician with this method.
Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by LegendHero(m): 1:22pm On May 16, 2023
IVORY2009:

Tinubu is not a good politician, travel outside the country to places like the united States that practices same system of govt as ours and see how their politicians play politics, Tinubu amasses monies from those he places in offices, example I put you there and monthly you remit 500 million to me, go and ask the former governor Ambode, this monies is what he uses to buy his way through now, from the APC presidential convention till date, even buying of the Inec Chairman, so tell me, is Tinubu a politician with this method.

What Tinubu does is not about money, you guys don’t understand politics. Tinubu is out of power since 2007 and if he is not a politician with loyal followers, they would have gone against him easily. Ask all those governors installing successors, they all cry at the end. Wike successor will also soon show him shege.

You can’t use money to tie down politician especially Nigerian politicians who have no loyalty. During the APC primaries, we all see how those Northern governors rallied around him, money alone can’t do that, it’s impossible.

We’ve had billionaires come into politics thinking everything is about koney and they failed woefully to the point of bankruptcy. I love how you guys always underrate him thinking it’s just about the money.

He has cleared the doubt of people like you and those who came before you. When you win the presidential election at first trial without the backing of the central government, you will understand what a true politician mean.

13 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by ProphetM0hammad: 1:25pm On May 16, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Constitutionally qualified Lagosians by birth will have to become Governor to get rid of iliiterate thugs away from Alausa. Many Lagosians are not Yoruba. So many are Igbos, Hausas etc. They were birthed in Lagos and constitutionally are qualified to govern Lagos their State.

Where in the constitution was it stated that you can become an indigene of a state if you're born there?

5 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by ProphetM0hammad: 1:27pm On May 16, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Where in the constitution was it stated that you can become an indigene of a state or govern a state if you're born there?

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by Raf4: 1:28pm On May 16, 2023
Tntsi:
If you love tinubu, tell him and push him to back off. He is being pushed to a monumental shame and collaspe.
Tell him to back off for his own good. Hardening his neck like pharoah, is heading to a fall that will be painful and hurtful.

The appointed time of the OBIDIENT new Nigeria has come. No being can stop it.
Once again , tinubu back off. You are being pushed to an unpalatable end.

Blackmailer.
You can't go far via blackmailing, it will rather backfire and consume you.

5 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by TheBillyonaire: 1:28pm On May 16, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

Where in the constitution was it stated that you can become an indigene of a state if you're born there?

So you mean you do not even know the Constitutional Provision?

Such a shame that people can be this dumb.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by LegendHero(m): 1:29pm On May 16, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Lol 😂

I now see why you hate Oluomo. We saw how your fellow Eboe people ran to their houses and hold their door well all in a fear to come out because of a supposedly Oluomo threat in the same Lagos they claim is a “no man’s land”. Na only online una dey get mouth, we no take you guys serious again.

Eze Kirikiri also thought Lagos is no man’s land, I’m sure he’ll be singing Oduduwa anthem now in Kirikiri.

10 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by lizko(m): 1:33pm On May 16, 2023
They can never be another good luck again.
sonature1:
We know that Kwankwanso wouldn't last in NNPP but it's a good thing he played the spoiler in the last presidential election. Apparently, Tinubu is already planning to capture Kano ahead of 2027 elections.

If Tinubu successfully completes 8 years in office, Nigerians will have to choose between El-Rufai and Kwankwanso as the president in 2031 because the Tinubu I know can never organise free and fair elections.
Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by TheBillyonaire: 1:33pm On May 16, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol 😂

I now see why you hate Oluomo. We saw how your fellow Eboe people ran to their houses and hold their door well all in a fear to come out because of a supposedly Oluomo threat in the same Lagos they claim is a “no man’s land”. Na only online una dey get mouth, we no take you guys serious again.

Eze Kirikiri also thought Lagos is no man’s land, I’m sure he’ll be singing Oduduwa anthem now in Kirikiri.

You are just an illiterate, because your parents are also illiterates. This is painful truth. You can not disapprove the fact that some Lagosians speak Igbo, some speak Hausa, some speak Yoruba and the rest of the tribes that chose to live in that bubble of chaos?

Constitutionally, anyone birthed in Lagos can be Governor of Lagos being their home. Or you will want an American born Nigerian to become President of America but will not want Igbo-born Lagosian to be Governor of Lagos?

You morons are just replicating like rabbits and messing up big time. Silly thing.
Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by ProphetM0hammad: 1:35pm On May 16, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

So you mean you do not even know the Constitutional Provision?

Such a shame that people can be this dumb.

If i don't know but I'm willing to learn, don't you think you should teach me?

Please tell me so others can learn, where it was written that Okafor can be Borno governor cos he was born there.

I did a little check and realized you are just another dumb Nsofor from upper iweka.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by Okwyjesus(m): 1:38pm On May 16, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-kwankwaso-holds-four-hour-meeting-with-tinubu-in-paris-may-join-cabinet/amp#

CC: Mynd44

Kwankwaso was sent to divide Atiku vote in the north.

I hate Tinubu's kind of Politics. How will Ganduje be feeling with this news . This was exactly how he sidelined Amaechi and Cole to paddy with Wike.
Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by LegendHero(m): 1:41pm On May 16, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Kwankwaso was sent to divide Atiku vote in the north.

I hate Tinubu's kind of Politics. How will Ganduje be feeling with this news . This was exactly how he sidelined Amaechi and Cole to paddy with Wike.

If you read the body of the post, Tinubu mentioned to Kwakwanso in the meeting that he wants him and Ganduje to end their fight.

Is there a natural law that says Ganduje and Kwakwanso can’t be on the same side?

By the way, Ganduje friendship with Tinubu is beyond the ordinary. Most of the time Tinubu visited the SW leaders, he always single our Ganduje and tell the leaders to always help him thank him because a friend like him is very rare. For him to always say that, they share a bond that is deeper than we think.

4 Likes

Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by IVORY2009(m): 1:41pm On May 16, 2023
LegendHero:

What Tinubu does is not about money, you guys don’t understand politics. Tinubu is out of power since 2007 and if he is not a politician with loyal followers, they would have gone against him easily. Ask all those governors installing successors, they all cry at the end. Wike successor will also soon show him shege.

You can’t use money to tie down politician especially Nigerian politicians who have no loyalty. During the APC primaries, we all see how those Northern governors rallied around him, money alone can’t do that, it’s impossible.

We’ve had billionaires come into politics thinking everything is about koney and they failed woefully to the point of bankruptcy. I love how you guys always underrate him thinking it’s just about the money.

He has cleared the doubt of people like you and those who came before you. When you win the presidential election at first trial without the backing of the central government, you will understand what a true politician mean.

I still maintain the American style of govt that we practices is not favourable to us as a country, on Tinubu, Tinubu from time in memorial believes in buying his way through via monies embezzled, you said he has left power since 2007, fine, but do you know that same Tinubu has been collecting contracts from all his instolled men, from Governors, house of assembly, senators etc are meant to swear to an oat, his companies Would collect tax, and for every tax collected he is entitled to 10%, his construction company hitech is not left out, all APC states they are there, a friend of mine that works in the old Skye bank, told me how himself and bullion van police do take monies to Tinubu every Friday raw cash in foreign currency 💵 now tell me, is this not corruption, this is the person that wants to rule Nigeria, go and ask his former deputy when he was a governor of Lagos state way back, from Kofo to Femi Pedro same.

Finally, Tinubu is too corrupt to be a president of Nigeria, Nigeria as a country is down, a we need a purpose driven leader, visionary leader, youthful leader like Peter Obi and not a corrupt leader like Tinubu that would put you in position and wants a returns, paid back to him.
Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by TheBillyonaire: 1:42pm On May 16, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

If i don't know but I'm willing to learn, don't you think you should teach me?

Please tell me so others can learn, where it was written that Okafor can be Borno governor cos he was born there

You have been schooled. Anyone that was given birth to in Lagos is a Lagosian by Birth and constitutionally is qualified to be Governor of Lagos State.

Again, this might also confuse you, if anyone has lived in Lagos for 10 yrs and above, he is also a Lagosian and can run for Office.

Same also applies to anyone born in Anambra. If Yoruba parents reside in Anambra State or Katsina State and give birth there. Those kids are legally qualified to be Governor.

This is the reason that Politicians use tribalism to distort their illiterate voters into hatred of other tribes to eliminate their competition. You can now see why they employ illiterate thugs.

The politicians are the enemies, not the regular citizens who are actually ignorant of the constitution because most literate people do not read the constitution, and the illiterates can not read at all. So they get used.
Re: Kwankwaso holds four-hour meeting with Tinubu in Paris, may join cabinet by Okwyjesus(m): 1:44pm On May 16, 2023
LegendHero:

If you read the body of the post, Tinubu mentioned to Kwakwanso in the meeting that he wants him and Ganduje to end their fight.

Is there a natural law that says Ganduje and Kwakwanso can’t be on the same side?

By the way, Ganduje friendship with Tinubu is beyond the ordinary.

Then Ganduje should have been in the meeting. lts better that way.
That guy is one of the northern pillars behind Tinubu

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soludo Is The Worst Governor In The Nigerian History / Aba Is The First City In Nigeria To Have A Mayor In Modern Times / They're Disappointed: No Chaos In SE During Xmas!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.