Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,793 members, 7,875,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:53 AM

Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” (9997 Views)

See What Ijaw Militants Did To A Soldier In A Communal Clash In Niger Delta(pics / Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov / Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by ochizo(m): 10:21am On Sep 27, 2011
The truth about this whole thing is that "What is Boko Haram fighting for?"

Let me start from Niger Delta, Have you been to Niger Delta, ? Do you know they can no longer fish, no clean water, no good roads, air pollution everywhere?
The Gov. caused it all, The neglected the hand that was feeding them, white men in the name of Shell, Agip, Chevron insulted and destroyed our land and youths because money was paid to our useless, foolish Gov.
Niger Delta issue is something anybody would want to do. And the Militants never bombed drinking joints, people's hang out spots, innocent people or even threaten schools. I can also recall the Militants never attacked Muslims as they were after the Gov. that has brought harm to them.

Boko Haram started from no where. Who are they fighting? What are they fighting for. You cant force the Gov. to convert the northern states to sharia states. What is the relationship with what they are fighting for and the bombed UN Building. Why have they chosen to attack people that knows nothing about everything. Yes our Gov. is nothing to write home about but they should know what they are fighting for and who they should fight and how they should fight.

I'm really not happy, not because of Boko Haram or MEND but because of our useless Gov and our so-called big politicians who has been using the poor ignorant youths to display there powers.

The people on top are the ones pushing all these.

For Me, Nigeria is a failed state. I pray for myself instead of Nigeria.
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by LagosBoi2(m): 10:31am On Sep 27, 2011
all of them are criminals looking for credibility in the country.
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Biscute(f): 10:53am On Sep 27, 2011
If two ELEPHANTS fight who suffers
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by naijalodge(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2011
alj_harem:

Oh pleeassee shut the F up ijaw militant or what ever

1. The bombing started with Mend the ijaw fraction that killed Christians and Muslims both in abuja and lagos

2. Who told them that Muslims have not condemned Boko haram

3. What do ijaws mean by " our land the Niger delta" are this people drunk do they know that Niger-delta is not their land

4. They want to deport muslims grin grin a funny statement. so edo, ilaje, yoruba, tiv, etc muslims are going to be deported from there land delta state which is one of the Niger delta.

5. Did they not do Mend to discredit OBJ and Yaradua ?

who started bombing in Nigeria that kills tens of innocent people. Was it not the same Mend

the truth is :all muslims are Boko haram.they continue to cover for themeselves.
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Xfactoria: 11:19am On Sep 27, 2011
o.chizo:

Let me start from Niger Delta, Have you been to Niger Delta, ? Do you know they can no longer fish, no clean water, no good roads, air pollution everywhere?
The Gov. caused it all, The neglected the hand that was feeding them, white men in the name of Shell, Agip, Chevron insulted and destroyed our land and youths because money was paid to our useless, foolish Gov.
Niger Delta issue is something anybody would want to do. And the Militants never bombed drinking joints, people's hang out spots, innocent people or even threaten schools. I can also recall the Militants never attacked Muslims as they were after the Gov. that has brought harm to them.

Boko Haram started from no where. Who are they fighting? What are they fighting for. You cant force the Gov. to convert the northern states to sharia states. What is the relationship with what they are fighting for and the bombed UN Building. Why have they chosen to attack people that knows nothing about everything. Yes our Gov. is nothing to write home about but they should know what they are fighting for and who they should fight and how they should fight.

I'm really not happy, not because of Boko Haram or MEND but because of our useless Gov and our so-called big politicians who has been using the poor ignorant youths to display there powers.

You spoke my mind!

All those comparing MEND to Boko Haram are ignorant fools!!!

Boko Haram is nonsense and I don't even mind if MEND takes them on! No be only dem shabi throw bomb!!!!
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Demdem(m): 11:38am On Sep 27, 2011
o.chizo:

Dont start brandishing the ND area on my face. I reside there and i honestly know the predicaments of these people. its simply pathetic and sorrowful and i can humbly tell u that so many of these so called bloody militants that claim to be fighting for their peeps are now millionaires while the people still live in abject poverty despite govt's efforts and resources being channeled to these areas.

Till date, with all the resources being channeled to these states, NDDC, ministry of Niger Delta, amnesty money + the little the oil companies have been able to do etc, u tell me how has it better the masses? The truth is the vast majority of the leaders are greedy and criminals.

They may have their aims (which to me is for their selfish self) which is different from what Boko haram seems to stands for but it doesnt change the fact that they went about it illegally thereby resulting to many innocent deaths. Who will give justice to the families of those ones?

Militants had their strategies and aims which seems then to be defined unlike what Boko Harm stands for now but that doesnt mean they are lesser criminals to Boko Haram. Mind u, the ND region is still impoverished greatly.
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by martinosi: 11:41am On Sep 27, 2011
i dont like the sound of this, Dont we have a Military/Security forces,
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Demdem(m): 11:42am On Sep 27, 2011
X-factoria:

You spoke my mind!

All those comparing MEND to Boko Haram are ignorant fools!!!

Boko Haram is nonsense and I don't even mind if MEND takes them on! No be only dem shabi throw bomb!!!!

Boko Haram, MEND, Ijaw militants and their likes all have one thing in common which is pathetic and all sane humans must stand against. They all took/taking innocent lives. wether 1 or 10's or 100's or 1000's. Every single life is important.
These makes them all CRIMINALS.
Case closed
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by baslone: 11:43am On Sep 27, 2011
PointB:

I disagree strongly! MEND is a criminal organisation with ideology; Boko Haram is faceless, terrorist organisation with no ideology.
MEND takes great care to avoid civilian casualty (independence day bombing), while Boko Haram deliberately target clusters of human population for maximum civilian casualty. MEND is reasonable, Boko Haram is Madness!

So sir, I still maintain they are not same, they are markedly different in agenda and approach!

Are you serious?  shocked

OMG!!!! My friends must read this! Copy and paste on ma facebook!  grin  grin

I simply can't stop laughing!!!!!  grin  grin  angry
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Demdem(m): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2011
^^^^^^^

U dey mind the guy. i honestly cant fathom what is reasonable in MEND. go check all the various houses and properties of the so called warlords and u will av an idea of what truly they were fighting for. The masses (ND peeps) are still lamenting and suffering though.
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Ben13: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2011
hehe. . .Too much Hollywood movies. cheesy
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by PointB: 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2011
Demdem:

^^^^^^^

U dey mind the guy. i honestly cant fathom what is reasonable in MEND. go check all the various houses and properties of the so called warlords and u will av an idea of what truly they were fighting for. The masses (ND peeps) are still lamenting and suffering though.

Neither are they minding your simplistic approach. You paint the guy who seek out civilians and killed them in the name of religion and the one who occasionally get civilian caught in crossfire in the same brush. And then you wonder why reasonable people should take you serious.

Anyway, the bulk of the MEND guys are all abroad learning useful skills, and getting rehabilitated because they are considered Militants (criminals in not even the right word, and I actually called them that in a haste.) Boko Haram are not, and will never be considered militants; they are rag-tag army of criminal terrorists, whose stock in trade is to target hapless, innocents, and vulnerable civilians, and killing them in cold bloods, basically in the name of religions (for lack of any other agenda). They will remain accursed and have no peace in their bloody miserable live; and will die from JTF gunshot wounds. They will unsung in the death, denied proper burials, and the bones will be picked by vultures, and scavengers!

Now the difference is very clear. Boko Harams are a terrorists [/b]band; MEND are [b]militants
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Demdem(m): 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2011
PointB:

Neither are they minding your simplistic approach. You paint the guy who seek out civilians and killed them in the name of religion and the one who occasionally get civilian caught in crossfire in the same brush. And then you wonder why reasonable people should take you serious.

Anyway, the bulk of the MEND guys are all abroad learning useful skills, and getting rehabilitated because they are considered [b]Militants (criminals in not even the right word, and I actually called them that in a haste.) [/b]Boko Haram are not, and will never be considered militants; they are rag-tag army of criminal terrorists, whose stock in trade is to target hapless, innocents, and vulnerable civilians, and killing them in cold bloods, basically in the name of religions (for lack of any other agenda). They will remain accursed and have no peace in their bloody miserable live; and will die from JTF gunshot wounds. They will unsung in the death, denied proper burials, and the bones will be picked by vultures, and scavengers! 

Now the difference is very clear. Boko Harams are a terrorists [/b]band; MEND are [b]militants

Now u tell me who are they? Why on earth will reasonable peeps even contemplate of throwing explosives in places where humans reside or located on braoad daylight and tell me no single harm will be done. Why should they even contemplate such in the first instance. Have u forgotten so quickly the innocent lives MEND took also during their early days
Great achievements starts from simplistic endeavors and for u to fathom this wisdom, dont complicate this upon ursef. They did what was illegal and innocent lives were caught in the middle. That makes them criminals. You agreed earlier that they were but now eating your words, what happened?  grin grin grin

Thank God i said the warlords who are still obviously on ground  grin grin grin anyway if u say the bulk of the mend guys, i guess u are referring to the majority of those criminals, do u have authenticated figures to suggest that the majority of them are abroad?

BokoHaram, MEND, Ijaw Militants and their likes are CRIMINALS my friend
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Ess: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2011
PointB:

Anyway, the bulk of the MEND guys are all abroad learning useful skills, and getting rehabilitated because they are considered Militants (criminals in not even the right word, and I actually called them that in a haste.) Boko Haram are not, and will never be considered militants; they are rag-tag army of criminal terrorists, whose stock in trade is to target hapless, innocents, and vulnerable civilians, and killing them in cold bloods, basically in the name of religions (for lack of any other agenda).

Tell me you went to school and the type if so,

Whether you feel your brothers are killing government officials and expatriates for a purpose to enrich themselves and still letting their fellow community in same horrible condition.
And BH killing people in the name of religion,
BOTH ARE BAD AND SHOULD BE CONDEMNED!

So pls use your head and stop trying to cover any BAD DEED just because they are your brothers.
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by maddog9ja: 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2011
The movie directors are doing a good job. actors are doing even better. the general populace is fully entertained (besides those directly affected). after all is said and done, directors and major actors get paid, while me an u go still dey here dey insult ourselves for nairaland. grin
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by PointB: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2011
Ess:

Tell me you went to school and the type if so,  

Whether you feel your brothers are killing government officials and expatriates for a purpose to enrich themselves and still letting their fellow community in same horrible condition.
And BH killing people in the name of religion,
BOTH ARE BAD AND SHOULD BE CONDEMNED!

So pls use your head and stop trying to cover any BAD DEED just because they are your brothers.

My friend shaattap dere! What do you know about school and school? You think you are qualified to lecture me about education and application of knowledge? What exactly do you know? Libyan rebel are busy killing other Libyan with active support of Americans, Africans, Europeans, and Asians, nobody has banded them criminals let alone terrorist.

Actions are taken into context, if you were actually schooled like you claim, categorizing actions is very important in understanding events and its sequence. MEND never set out to kill or maim; there campaign was nevertheless infiltrated by criminal elements. However, no one can say the same for Boko Haram, who announced themselves few years ago by sacking police stations and civil authority.

In that regard, MEND and Boko Haram are world apart. And if you actually can actually comprehend like you pretended, you will understand that there is a huge difference between MEND and Boko haram, and that is what I tried to highlight, Mr. educated man!
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by aljharem3: 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2011
A-HA:

@ ALH  HAREM,
Boy , you have to be very careful, the way you handle this matter of Boko Haram.
This is a terrorist group that is bringing shame to Nigeria.
Can Boko Haram just tell me one genuine reason, why the are bombing and killing innocent Nigerians in the name of a foreign Religion imported  by the Arabs to Africans, just to cause division.
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

I am not defending Boko haram or any terrorist group . I am sure that even OBJ and Jonathan know this people (boko haram)

Boko haram is a disgrace to Muslims worldwide as Islam is a religion of peace but them (boko haram) are fighting for their own course and not ours.

Boko haram is not a religious group but a political group just like Mend is not secessionist group or protest group but a political group.
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by aljharem3: 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2011
PointB:

I disagree strongly! MEND is a criminal organisation with ideology; Boko Haram is faceless, terrorist organisation with no ideology.
MEND takes great care to avoid civilian casualty (independence day bombing), while Boko Haram deliberately target clusters of human population for maximum civilian casualty. MEND is reasonable, Boko Haram is Madness!

So sir, I still maintain they are not same, they are markedly different in agenda and approach!

Ridiculous statement my brother. A terrorist group is a terrorist group.

what of the kidnapped Nigerians caught by mend, where they not killed

just because Mend does not come out to bomb populated areas like BH does , does not mean they have not killed Hundreds of Nigerians
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Demdem(m): 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2011
^^^^^^
The most painful thing is that the reason why there was MEND in the first instance is still there. IMPOVERISHED ND. cry cry cry despite huge resources
The only thing that has changed significantly are the pockets of these "criminous" Warlords and militants.
So those innocent lives that were lost? what exactly did they die for?
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by OCHULORC(m): 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2011
Like seriously, i am 100% in support of this fight by the niger deltans.

But abeg make una wait make my brother wey go service for north come back in one piece abeg,
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Ess: 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2011
PointB:

My friend shaattap dere! What do you know about school and school? You think you are qualified to lecture me about education and application of knowledge? What exactly do you know? Libyan rebel are busy killing other Libyan with active support of Americans, Africans, Europeans, and Asians, nobody has banded them criminals let alone terrorist.

Actions are taken into context, if you were actually schooled like you claim, categorizing actions is very important in understanding events and its sequence. MEND never set out to kill or maim; there campaign was nevertheless infiltrated by criminal elements. However, no one can say the same for Boko Haram, who announced themselves few years ago by sacking police stations and civil authority.

In that regard, MEND and Boko Haram are world apart. And if you actually can actually comprehend like you pretended, you will understand that there is a huge difference between MEND and Boko haram, and that is what I tried to highlight, Mr. educated man!  

You can continue to deviate from the main point for all I care,
When you seek knowledge, please apply it.
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by sley4life(m): 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2011
Ijaw militant will pieces Boko
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by dipo1: 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2011
Its shameful that the Nigerian state has not been able to check the atrocities of the BH sect. And this failure is spelling a bigger doom for the nation because it is only a matter of time before another rival group takes it upon itself to brandish weapons against BH.

I will not go into MEND/BH comparison because both are criminal bodies and have done the singular unpardonable i.e killing innocent humans.

Our country has made mistakes in the past, like not handling illegal groups like MEND firmly and I think we should atone for that starting with this BH. No amnesty bulltalk should even come up. Deploy the military after some investigation and annihilate any body listed as a threat to the Nigerian unity.
the Nigerian unity.
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by PointB: 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2011
dipo+:

Its shameful that the Nigerian state has not been able to check the atrocities of the BH sect. And this failure is spelling a bigger doom for the nation because it is only a matter of time before another rival group takes it upon itself to brandish weapons against BH.

I will not go into MEND/BH comparison because both are criminal bodies and have done the singular unpardonable i.e killing innocent humans.

Our country has made mistakes in the past, like not handling illegal groups like MEND firmly and I think we should atone for that starting with this BH. No amnesty bulltalk should even come up. Deploy the military after some investigation and annihilate any body listed as a threat to the Nigerian unity.
the Nigerian unity.

You have spoken like an erudite, kudos.

I dont just understand why people left a clear and present danger to talk about one that is not all that threatening at the moment. Otherwise people might even start distracting us with OPC, and Egbesu boys before them, and Bakassi Boys, and Maitesin (?), and etc, when the real issue how to tackle the Boko Haram menace!

At any rate, if the Ijaw Militants threat to Boko Haram will lead to a comprehensive solution to the Nigerian equation, so be it. At the edge of the darkest night, is the assuring light of dawn!
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by pajames62: 1:58pm On Sep 27, 2011
well i pray that all these crushes should settle, and if d islamic sect continue in their way, i seggest seperation of ethnicity, if that will not be possible lets their be war against the Boko Haram. foolish hausas.
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by PointB: 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2011
alj_harem:

Ridiculous statement my brother. A terrorist group is a terrorist group.

what of the kidnapped Nigerians caught by mend, where they not killed

just because Mend does not come out to bomb populated areas like BH does , does not mean they have not killed Hundreds of Nigerians

Initially you were speaking like the foolish aboki you are. But the highlight does make sense.

MEND not bombing populated area makes them -  militant [/b]group;
Boko Haram bombing populated areas with the single intention of killing civilians in large number makes them [b]terrorist [/b]group.

Let me spell it out slowly;

MEND are [b]Militant

Boko Haram - with links to Al Qaeda, and Al Shabaab  are confirmed Terrorists

The international community will not respond in the same way.
Militants can be reasoned with, terrorists should be confronted.

That is why Yar Adua sent MEND boys to school abroad and looked the other way when police took out Yusuf the Boko Haram leader in captivity (and he deserved what he got!)
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2011
[size=18pt]NOISE MAKERS[/size] grin
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2011
@pointB
i am an edo boy and for you to say MEND is a more acceptible evil than boko haram is really a shame
they are both bunch of stupid criminals with messed up brains
MEND SAYS THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THE PEOPLE AND AS WAS ASKED EARLIER ON,HOW MANY OF THOSE PEOPLE LIVE UP TO 5% THE WAY THE LEADERS OF MEND LIVE
BOKO HARAM IS FIGHTING FOR A CAUSE THAT IS NOT ONLY STUPID BUT ALSO IDIOTIC,
WHEN PEOPLE START USING ECONOMIC OPPRESSION AND RELIGION TO BASE THE REASONS FOR THEIR AGITATIONS IN NIGERIA,THEN YOU KNOW SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE MONEY IS INVOLVED
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2011
PointB:

Initially you were speaking like the foolish aboki you were. But the highlight does make sense.

MEND not bombing populated area makes them - militant [/b]group;
Boko Haram bombing populated areas with the single intention of killing civilians in large number makes them [b]terrorist [/b]group.

Let me spell it out slowly;

MEND are [b]Militant

Boko Haram - with links to Al Qaeda, and Al Shabaab are confirmed Terrorists

The international community will not respond in the same way.
Militants can be reasoned with, terrorists should be confronted.

That is why Yar Adua sent MEND boys to school abroad and looked the other way when police took out Yusuf the Boko Haram leader in captivity (and he deserved what he got!)

SAMUEL DOE,RUPF,SIERA LEONE,RWANDA,AND KOSOVO ALL STARTED AS MILITANTS AND THE WORST CASES OF HUMAN GENOCIDES ALL HAPPENED IN THOSE COUNTRIES
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by PointB: 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2011
True.

That is why we need to nip this Boko Haram threat in the bud.
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by PointB: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2011
milehigh06:

@pointB
i am an edo boy and for you to say MEND is a more acceptible evil than boko haram is really a shame
they are both bunch of silly criminals with messed up brains
MEND SAYS THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR THE PEOPLE AND AS WAS ASKED EARLIER ON,HOW MANY OF THOSE PEOPLE LIVE UP TO 5% THE WAY THE LEADERS OF MEND LIVE
BOKO HARAM IS FIGHTING FOR A CAUSE THAT IS NOT ONLY silly BUT ALSO IDIOTIC,
WHEN PEOPLE START USING ECONOMIC OPPRESSION AND RELIGION TO BASE THE REASONS FOR THEIR AGITATIONS IN NIGERIA,THEN YOU KNOW SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINE MONEY IS INVOLVED

Choosing between Boko Haram and MEND is like choosing between the Devil and the deep sea. I am simply saying I rather be cast in the sea than embrace the devil. While both option are not palatable, every rational mind will accept that while both are deadly and cause untold hardship, death and misfortune to people, MEND (militancy) is lesser evil than Boko Haram (terrorism)
Re: Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2011
INFACT NOT JUST BH AND MEND SHOULD BE NIPPED IN THE BUD,ALL THE STUPID POLITICIANS USING THESE YOUNG MEN AS A MEANS OF GETTING RICH SHOULD ALSO BE NIPPED IN THE BUD
PointB:

Choosing between Boko Haram and MEND is like choosing between the Devil and the deep sea. I am simply saying I rather be cast in the sea than embrace the devil. While both option are not palatable, every rational mind will accept that while both are deadly and cause untold hardship, death and misfortune to people, MEND (militancy) is lesser evil than Boko Haram (terrorism)
That I understand but it still does not take away the fact that both groups should be eliminated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anti-Open Grazing Bill Scales Second Reading In Akwa Ibom Assembly / Zaria Clash: Only El-zakzaky Can Make Us Come Before Panel Of Inquiry – Shi’ites / Ganduje Threatens Kwankwaso With Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.