Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,322 members, 7,943,807 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 03:10 AM

Mi, Iceprince, Jesse Jagz, Brymo Speaks About How They became Famous Interesting - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mi, Iceprince, Jesse Jagz, Brymo Speaks About How They became Famous Interesting (4827 Views)

Victoria Kimani - I Refused To Give Future My Number, Yrs Later He Became Famous / 15 Celebrities Who Were Homeless Before They Became Famous / Photo Of Ice Prince And M.I Before They Became Famous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mi, Iceprince, Jesse Jagz, Brymo Speaks About How They became Famous Interesting by naijays: 6:31am On Sep 27, 2011
So I came across this very unusual story of one of Nigeria's hottest music crew, Choc boiz made up of MI, Jesse Jagz, Iceprince, and Brymo. For most hiphop acts, it hasn't been a smooth journey, same is the story of these five music acts called Choc boiz.

They talked about how they overcame all odds on their road to fame. From how they all took the risk of quitting school for music, to coming all the way from Jos to Lagos to start music.

MI never agreed he dropped out of school like Jesse Jagz did. He abandoned school because he couldn't fund his education any longer. Jesse Jagz dropped out willingly when he couldn't express his music creativity while in school. He was in 400level already studying law when he sat with his Dad and both agreed on him leaving school for music. In the case of Iceprince, he was in the process of getting into school when his music career took off. So he quit studying zoology for music. Brymo who had claimed he never regret leaving school made up his mind at 17 to start music instead. He was in his 2nd year in LASU when he left school - his Parents couldn't afford paying his fees.

MI still willing to get back to school, but as for Iceprince and Jesse Jagz, they don't belong to that 'school of thought' anymore. 

MI started with gospel music, listening to Jos based gospel musician, Panam Percy Paul, Ron Kennoly. And later fell in love with hiphop after listening to rapper, DMX debut album in 1997.

MI speaking about his journey to fame

"When my father was young, he had a friend called Gyang Dung. Both of them got married at the same time-they were best friends and are both pastors. And each gave birth to a male child. My father’s son was born on October 1, 1981 and he was named Jude. Gyangdung’s son called Jeremiah Gyang was born on the 13th of October, 1981. So I’ve known Jeremiah Gyang all my life. When I came
back to Nigeria, Jeremiah was already signed on to Chocolate City. And the first time Chocolate City came to look for him in Jos, at that time, we look at him like a god. At that time when he gives us twenty thousand Naira, the money was like gold to us. But gradually, Jeremiah became a star and he brought me to Lagos and Abuja for shows. I met Djinee in Enugu and that’s how I met Audu and I
kicked up from there."

As for Iceprince

"The major motivation behind my success story today is M.I. Before coming to Lagos, I didn’t know anybody here. I shuttled between Jos and Abuja. But M.I told us to come with him to Lagos. We came with him and it worked. The power

Read full story here

http://www.jimmysonde.com/2011/09/journey-to-fame-mi-jesse-jagz-iceprince.html?m=1
Re: Mi, Iceprince, Jesse Jagz, Brymo Speaks About How They became Famous Interesting by BootyOnMe: 6:53am On Sep 27, 2011
I love Jeremiah Gyang. kiss

Cooooooooooooooooool dude. A Christian Northerner? wink
Re: Mi, Iceprince, Jesse Jagz, Brymo Speaks About How They became Famous Interesting by sirenoch1(m): 7:53am On Sep 27, 2011
choc boyz rule! big ups e no eazy now is d time 2 flex ur money
Re: Mi, Iceprince, Jesse Jagz, Brymo Speaks About How They became Famous Interesting by lokya(f): 4:32pm On Sep 27, 2011
Report to moderator Logged

BootyOnMe
OH-KLOH-HOH-MAH!!!

Re: Mi, Iceprince, Jesse Jagz, Brymo Speaks About How They Rose To Fame. Interesting
« #1 on: Today at 06:53:27 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love Jeremiah Gyang.

Cooooooooooooooooool dude. A Christian Northerner?

Report to moderator Logged

I wonder weda some people go skool sef.Plateau state is in the Middle Belt with 99% christians, that why they ve lots of stars from Music , Big brother, Actors etc

(1) (Reply)

How Star Actor, Damola Olatunji’s Marriage Crashed + Romance With Bukola Awoyemi / Starboy, Wizkid Flaunts New Hairstyle / Popular Female Celebrities Caught On Camera Walking Out Half-Unclad In Public To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.