Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,529 members, 7,888,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:06 PM

Celebrities vs Police: Seun Kuti just Collected His Own Share - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities vs Police: Seun Kuti just Collected His Own Share (211 Views)

“the Biggest Group Of Kidnappers In The Country Are Nigerian Police ”– Seun Kuti / Photos Of Seun Kuti looking For Babies Hanging From His Balcony / See How This Native Tricked This Guy And Collected His Gf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrities vs Police: Seun Kuti just Collected His Own Share by constancefriday(m): 7:33am On May 18, 2023
Apostle Constance C. Friday reacts to Seun Anikulapo Kuti's recent arrest;
"E be like say Naija Police dey share woto woto for Celebrities one by one"
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that ever since the End SARS protest took place, the Police has been very hard on any celebrity that trips on their trap?
But it's not every celebrity that took part in that protest, why are they jumping on the behinds of both those who did and those who didn't?
Apart from brother Seun Anikulapo Kuti here are a few more celebrities who have had a rap with the Nigerian Police recently:

* Portable: A flag flying celebrity supporter of APC, most likely didn't participate in the protests of 2020, popular for the song Zazoo that became a street anthem.
He had a recent issue with a guy that had the police drag him in and out of jail for a short time.

*Ice Prince: around last year, he had a bad banter with some police officers and they shoved him into jail for assaulting a policeman. He had to part with 500k to regain freedom.
Or is he still remanded?

*Mr Macaroni: my able birth day co celebrant (born on 3rd may just like me).
He was grabbed by the Police along with other protesters during the end SARS protests and according to him, they passed through a lot of hell before they regained freedom.

*Baba Ijesha: Accused of rape and found guilty for rape, he's currently doing time in jail.

*Zinolesky and Mohbad: the two singers were accused of having drugs in their possession and were only cleared of the charges recently.

*Omoyele Sowore: We all know about his case, it was a lengthy one though, it could've been as bad as that of MNK but thank goodness he's free.
The CLRO and Amnesty international wouldn't have let that happen anyways,

*Naira Marley: Was arrested during the Covid19 lockdown for violation of curfew, but he regained freedom pretty quick

*Apostle Constance C. Friday: I don't want to talk about what went down between I and those guys but I'm not pleased with how they handled that case, it was a blatant false accusation and the police folks should endeavour to dig deep while investigating a case to avoid locking up Innocent individuals with the sole aim of collecting bail money.

I want to share a few tips on how to avoid Police issues as a celebrity:

1. Watch your association:
Avoid the wrong kind of company.
90-95% of bad cases come from wrong associations. Be careful of whom you hang out with, someone around you may just be envious and desire to do what you don't expect, maybe set you up.

2. Be Wary of Some Female Folks:
From acting up and going as far as accusing you of molestation or even the main one, it's best to just stick with your partner or only hang out with females whom you trust.

3. Have all your financial transactions or interactions properly documented:
Receipts, transactions etc etc plus statements of the exact purposes of money being given to you or by you to someone else, this can really prevent a lot of issues as some folks are often hell bent on sullying one's image.

4. Be Calm: When you're being interrogated by a Police officer, by all means try to be calm and respond to them respectfully.
If they assault or do you wrong endeavor to convey it to the right authorities, try not to take laws into your hands.

5. Avoid incriminating items or materials: Items like drugs, weapons, or any thing that can tempt the law enforcement to lay their paws on you should not be found on you while you're moving about.

6. Avoid inciting utterances:
Public statements and utterances that incite violence and mass hysteria can tempt the law enforcement folks to come looking for you.
However, I'm not saying be afraid of speaking truth to power but know what is extreme and what isn't.
Remain Blessed,
Yours Sincerely;
Apostle Constance C. Friday Ani

Re: Celebrities vs Police: Seun Kuti just Collected His Own Share by Ireportlive: 7:35am On May 18, 2023
It seems like a pattern

1 Like

Re: Celebrities vs Police: Seun Kuti just Collected His Own Share by constancefriday(m): 7:43am On May 18, 2023
Ireportlive:
It seems like a pattern

Yes, I wonder who is next on their list. All my celebrity folks I hope the tips I shared above would help ensure it's not you.
Re: Celebrities vs Police: Seun Kuti just Collected His Own Share by Ireportlive: 7:44am On May 18, 2023
constancefriday:

Yes, I wonder who is next on their list. All my celebrity folks I hope the tips I shared above would help ensure it's not you.

Psquare should be very careful

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Daily Intercessory Prayer Guidelines 22nd- 27th May 2023 / Surviving Lagos: Staying Safe From Agberos / Reasons Celebrities Don't Last Long In Marriages- Christiana Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.