Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,935 members, 7,938,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 12:44 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (643487 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:59am On Jul 29
Lexusgs430:

Not a penny would be spared..... 🤣😂

Thank you, Auntie..... 😁

Let's also not forget, the biggest scrounges of the benefits system, is actually the British Royal Family.......🤣😂

The King is slashing royal cost i heard.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:00am On Jul 29
lavida001:

Hope its not the shift immigrants are packing they want to force them to do grin

Are you already running scared.......😜🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:02am On Jul 29
lavida001:

The King is slashing royal cost i heard.

That's a spin...... The royals, are now actually costing you and me, more under charles, than under his mother ........😂

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:04am On Jul 29
Lexusgs430:

Are you already running scared.......😜🤣

How i go pay bills if dem hijack my shifts?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:05am On Jul 29
lavida001:

How i go pay bills if dem hijack my shifts?

When a will exists....... A way would always be found.....😜🤣
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:08am On Jul 29
Who is following the Rachel Reeves and Tommy Robinson news.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dupyshoo: 1:11am On Jul 29
And those 3 guys should be where? Beating and punching police like that and atill claiming victim? They deserve much more than that.

Anyone that assault our public officers should be punished severely. Those thugs should be taken off our streets.

They should thank their stars that they assaulted a police in Uk and not in the US.

missjekyll:

I was saying that at the moment that the man was kicked in the head and stamped on with jack boots, he was already prone and not resisting.

That was excessive force even deadly force and that's why the police officer was suspended .

Policing is an honorable profession especially in the UK where they police by consent. They ve taken a hit in recent years but are trying to build back up a reputation.
Videos showing unwarranted use of force only undermines that.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 1:56am On Jul 29
Regarding vehicle insurance : Ensure your VEHICLE is got a valid MOT & is taxed...... Your insurance claim would rejected, if any of the above is expired, when you make a claim......

BE WARNED........ 😁😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jagbasneh(m): 5:36am On Jul 29
Good morning guys, please i want to ask this question, someone inside with three years sponsorship under nursery assistant and want to renew is visa, is the new salary threshold applicable to him when he want to renew his visa? Any one on this pls
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Cyberknight: 6:42am On Jul 29
jagbasneh:
Good morning guys, please i want to ask this question, someone inside with three years sponsorship under nursery assistant and want to renew is visa, is the new salary threshold applicable to him when he want to renew his visa? Any one on this pls

If you were already on a skilled worker visa before 4 April 2024, then the salary threshold applicable to you is the "lower going rate" in this list.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-going-rates-for-eligible-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-going-rates-for-eligible-occupation-codes

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 6:49am On Jul 29
dupyshoo:
And those 3 guys should be where? Beating and punching police like that and atill claiming victim? They deserve much more than that.

Anyone that assault our public officers should be punished severely. Those thugs should be taken off our streets.

They should thank their stars that they assaulted a police in Uk and not in the US.

I do not defend unruly behaviour and assault. I will not also defend excessive use of force.

It's rather belittling to compare our police to the US. It's better here and they do police by consent. That's how they can keep the peace without arms.
I m a fan of the UK police. They have a difficult job to do and there are quite a few bad eggs but they are great.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 7:11am On Jul 29
missjekyll:

I was saying that at the moment that the man was kicked in the head and stamped on with jack boots, he was already prone and not resisting.

That was excessive force even deadly force and that's why the police officer was suspended .

Policing is an honorable profession especially in the UK where they police by consent. They ve taken a hit in recent years but are trying to build back up a reputation.
Videos showing unwarranted use of force only undermines that.

I have to disagree with on this, police in this country are treated worse than actual criminals with little or no respect. Kicking that guy on the head is the least I expected if you have watched previous videos.

The family of the ‘victims’ has put out a statement showing concerns for police officer.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 7:30am On Jul 29
RalphJean:

Just out of curiosity. Did you watch just the 1 video which was originally released, or have you watched the other videos, including the one released by the Manchester evening news?

Stamping and kicking someone in the head when they are not resisting is not police procedure. QED the police agrees with me on that point. The people involved have been charged too.i have no issues with that.

I still maintain that it is always best to have a complete picture before making decision on actions of the UK police.

I think you are wrong in this. I can have an opinion on excessive use of force.its clear for all to see.

Policing by consent indeed…. So yobs and thugs can beat up the police, but the police cannot use force to restrain the unruly misfits.

I m not clear on where I said this.

You could argue that the police officer who did the kicking was dazed and confused and terrified from the beating he received from that thug. He was clearly rattled and dazzled after that thug attacked him, and his colleague, in the 1st instance.

I m not sure this argument will fly. He has been trained for just these types of situations to maintain his cool. He is a professional and expectations are justifiably higher.

This is completely apropos of nothing but there is a tendency for some people to emphasize that the injured officers were female as if that aggravates the criminal assault more than if they had been male. I disagree,They are trained professionals as well and chivalry does not apply in professional settings
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 7:34am On Jul 29
justwise:

I have to disagree with on this, police in this country are treated worse than actual criminals with little or no respect. Kicking that guy on the head is the least I expected if you have watched previous videos.

The family of the ‘victims’ has put out a statement showing concerns for police officer.

Treated by who? Kicking is the least? I do not fully understand your points... can you
explain please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 7:41am On Jul 29
lavida001:
Who is following the Rachel Reeves and Tommy Robinson news.

She is busy with this and Tommy Tennames was arrested for screening a banned video ,I think. What have you heard?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 8:03am On Jul 29
missjekyll:

Treated by who? Kicking is the least? I do not fully understand your points... can you
explain please?

By the public especially the ethnic minority, i understnad that we have certian level of resentment towards the police because of their actions in the past but in general police are not getting a fair deal.

Yes that guy deserves more than just a kick on the head

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 8:35am On Jul 29
justwise:

By the public especially the ethnic minority, i understnad that we have certian level of resentment towards the police because of their actions in the past but in general police are not getting a fair deal.

We disagree on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by RalphJean: 9:03am On Jul 29
justwise:

The dangers of a one side story.
MissJekyll here hasn’t bothered to watch the publicly available videos on the beating the police officers were subjected to by those thugs.

That police office was clearly dazed and befuddled and kicking was the least he could have done in that situation. It’s a miracle he did not discharge any firearms (if any).
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:44am On Jul 29
missjekyll:

We disagree on this.

No worries.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mex551(m): 9:46am On Jul 29
Manuelmarvyy:
Hello Guys, Good Evening Bosses here
Has anyone here applied for a USA tourist Visa from the UK as a skilled worker in the UK? Please what is the process like? I want to Visit the USA God's grace. What documents are requested? I stay in the UK legally as a skilled worker (Healthcare). I have been living in the UK since March last year. I want to visit the USA.

Please someone who has the right information to apply for a Tourist Visa to the USA from the UK as a skilled worker, please tell me what I need and how much I need to have in my account before application. Many thanks
. It is a simple process. If you have your skilled worker visa. Just apply. Attach all relevant documents. Who you are visiting , if staying in a hotel, attach the details etc. and then they give you 5 years. I applied few months ago and stated the 4 denials I had from Nigeria and they still gave me 5 years! Please note that I never travelled to any European country before that appointment. They didn’t ask me for bank statement etc. just what I do for living here in the uk and who I was visiting in 🇺🇸

I think that generally if you have skill worker visa or a dependent , it’s very easy to get. I also has a friend here in Nairaland who applied with his family and they gave them 5 years. Am going for my trip this August and when I come back I will go and collect Canada 10years. Yes that the privilege we enjoy from here.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 9:48am On Jul 29
RalphJean:

The dangers of a one side story.
MissJekyll here hasn’t bothered to watch the publicly available videos on the beating the police officers were subjected to by those thugs.

That police office was clearly dazed and befuddled and kicking was the least he could have done in that situation. It’s a miracle he did not discharge any firearms (if any).

There is no protection for the police in this country probably because they don't carry gun, we don't want the American style of policing but sometimes you are attempted to wish

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 10:14am On Jul 29
justwise:

There is no protection for the police in this country probably because they don't carry gun, we don't want the American style of policing but sometimes you are attempted to wish

I d rather have what we have now than the American style,thank you very much.
I m sure there's some learning in this for the police about the number of officers despatched to a response. And perhaps educating the public on helping with citizens arrests . I can't explain how they got overpowered but then I m not a police officer.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 10:18am On Jul 29
They have started…
Before Elections: Our plans are fully costed and will not require any tax rises. We have looked at the books and our plans are fully, fully costed.

After Elections: Uhmm… sorry. We may have to raise your taxes because the past government left too much black hole.

Wait a minute, the UK is not Nigeria. The OBR already gave you precise figures. You ran your voice hoarse during the campaigns that you have it all figured out. Now you are in government…
“E be like say dem wan to tell us another story again..”

It remains to be seen how long they will continue to lie and blame ‘16 years of the PDP’ oh sorry… 14 years of the Conservatives.

Like I said before… Like UK Labour, like Nigeria APC. Just capitalise on people’s discontent with the governing party. Lie your way to power. Realise that there is only so much lies you can keep doling out…. Then blame ‘past administrations’.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 10:25am On Jul 29
justwise:

Justwise… if it’s MissJelyll, you go explain tire.

I listen to LBC a lot. There is a presenter called James O’Brien. He has a favorite analogy of ‘Footbalification of politics’
According to his analogy, core football fans can tie the 🧣 scarves of their beloved team so tightly around their necks that it cuts off oxygen supply to the brain. They don’t want to know any other rational point of view.

For people on the far left (like MissJekyll here), the other side of the story doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter if thugs kick and beat and brutalise the police. What matters is a 20 second video, clipped to show the aftermath of a police action.

If it’s MissJekyll, you go explain tire, even with evidence. If the evidence is not from Guardian, she is not interested.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Cyberknight: 11:12am On Jul 29
ReesheesuKnack:
They have started…
Before Elections: Our plans are fully costed and will not require any tax rises. We have looked at the books and our plans are fully, fully costed.

After Elections: Uhmm… sorry. We may have to raise your taxes because the past government left too much black hole.

Wait a minute, the UK is not Nigeria. The OBR already gave you precise figures. You ran your voice hoarse during the campaigns that you have it all figured out. Now you are in government…
“E be like say dem wan to tell us another story again..”

It remains to be seen how long they will continue to lie and blame ‘16 years of the PDP’ oh sorry… 14 years of the Conservatives.

Like I said before… Like UK Labour, like Nigeria APC. Just capitalise on people’s discontent with the governing party. Lie your way to power. Realise that there is only so much lies you can keep doling out…. Then blame ‘past administrations’.

I didn't vote Labour, but all politicians are economical with the truth.
Otherwise they wont get elected.
It's what's they do when in office that counts.
Every party's manifesto was full of barefaced lies.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Manuelmarvyy(m): 11:22am On Jul 29
mex551:
. It is a simple process. If you have your skilled worker visa. Just apply. Attach all relevant documents. Who you are visiting , if staying in a hotel, attach the details etc. and then they give you 5 years. I applied few months ago and stated the 4 denials I had from Nigeria and they still gave me 5 years! Please note that I never travelled to any European country before that appointment. They didn’t ask me for bank statement etc. just what I do for living here in the uk and who I was visiting in 🇺🇸

I think that generally if you have skill worker visa or a dependent , it’s very easy to get. I also has a friend here in Nairaland who applied with his family and they gave them 5 years. Am going for my trip this August and when I come back I will go and collect Canada 10years. Yes that the privilege we enjoy from here.

I have no one I'm visiting. I plan to visit by December. Pleade check your email. Let's connect via whatsapp. You'll guide me, many thanks 🙏
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Manuelmarvyy(m): 11:23am On Jul 29
mex551:

Please what are the relevant documents you attached for your application?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Fraih(f): 11:37am On Jul 29
Hello fam. Pls what do you think of opting out of pension plans in the workplace here?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 11:44am On Jul 29
Fraih:
Hello fam. Pls what do you think of opting out of pension plans in the workplace here?

Terrible, terrible idea. Don't fall into the short-termist trap - it's basically robbing your future self.
I've seen people promoting this on IG. It's either they don't fully understand it or they do but don't care because they'll get lots of likes and shares from people attracted to the idea of getting a small pay bump.

These should help explain why:

https://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2021/04/martin-lewis--an-important-warning-to-every-employee-in-the-uk/

https://www.unbiased.co.uk/discover/pensions-retirement/managing-a-pension/can-i-opt-out-of-my-workplace-pension

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Cyberknight: 3:05pm On Jul 29
Fraih:

That depends on what you want to use the money for, and for how long you want to remain opted out.
Have you immediate financial issues to sort or do you want to invest money in something else long-term?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 4:43pm On Jul 29
Fraih:

You might think you're saving money by opting out..... But in reality, you're actually losing loads of money......

Opt in if you have the financial leverage........😂

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (675) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.