Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,897 members, 7,976,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 06:48 AM

New British High Commissioner Resumes, Presents Credentials To Buhari (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New British High Commissioner Resumes, Presents Credentials To Buhari (pics) (363 Views)

Tinubu Receives Transition Documents & Baton Of Service From Buhari (pics/video) / Jethro Yakubu, Taraba Commissioner Resumes Work Under A Tree (Photo) / Massive Rally Ongoing In Makurdi Benue For Buhari. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New British High Commissioner Resumes, Presents Credentials To Buhari (pics) by leanonme82: 6:13pm On May 19, 2023
The New British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Richard Montgomery, has resumed in Abuja Nigeria on the 18th of May 2023 and paid a visit to the President Muhammadu Buhari to present his credentials. He posted this on his twitter page:

Today, I presented my credentials to H.E. President @MBuhari, as the British High Commissioner to Nigeria.

I look forward to strengthening and deepening the 🇳🇬🇬🇧 partnership and working together with all our partners for the good of both our countries.

@NigeriaGov

@NGRPresident

Biography
(https://www.gov.uk/government/people/richard-montgomery)

Richard is British High Commissioner to Nigeria and the UK Permanent Representative to the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) based in Abuja, from May 2023.

Richard was the UK Executive Director at the World Bank Group Boards from 2018 to 2022. His role included ensuring that the improvements agreed by shareholders in 2018 were implemented. Richard worked on the global COVID response, the UK’s G7 and COP26 presidencies, and the World Bank Group’s response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and its global impact.

He was previously a Director at the Department for International Development (DFID), overseeing Asia, Caribbean and Overseas Territories Division. This included country programmes in Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Myanmar, and 10 other overseas offices and UK-based departments.

Before that, Richard served as Head of Office in Pakistan (2013 to 2015) and Nigeria (2009 to 2013), and Head of Corporate Human Resources (2006 to 2009). He has also worked in DFID’s top management group and DFID offices in Zambia, Bangladesh and India.

Before joining DFID Richard worked in a German engineering company, as a lecturer in development studies in Swansea University, and as a consultant for development projects across Asia. He studied anthropology, and has a PhD from Cambridge University on economic and social change in north India.

Source: https://twitter.com/RMontgomeryUK/status/1659231669503524865

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: New British High Commissioner Resumes, Presents Credentials To Buhari (pics) by leanonme82: 6:16pm On May 19, 2023
Re: New British High Commissioner Resumes, Presents Credentials To Buhari (pics) by SwissMass: 6:20pm On May 19, 2023
God bless jagaban the incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria Peter girigory Obi is still looking for his mandate inside gutter in Agulu

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Leaked Audio: ‘I Feel Betrayed TINUBU Met Rabiu Kwankwaso In Paris At My Back / Ondo Dep Gov Deepens Move Against Gov Akeredolu / Transforming Ebonyi State: Governor Nwifuru's Visionary Leadership Paves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.