Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,193 members, 7,916,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 04:15 AM

Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal (468 Views)

Fact Check: Did Obi Request 7 Weeks From Tribunal To Produce Witnesses? / Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal - LP / Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by muykem: 3:00am On May 21, 2023
The candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 presidential election, Mr Peter Obi, on Saturday, demanded seven weeks to produce witnesses to establish his case at the Presidential Election Petition Court.

He also stated that he would present 50 witnesses that would testify and tender evidence to establish that the 2023 presidential election was rigged against him.

Obi disclosed this on Saturday during the proceedings on the petition he filed to challenge the president-elect, Bola Tinubu.

Addressing the court through his team of lawyers led by Prof. Awa Kalu, SAN, he noted that he was constrained in addition to a few hiccups he encountered at the Independent National Electoral Commission hence the request for seven weeks.

His counsel said, “My lords, we still have a few hiccups at INEC because of the order that was made by this court on March 8, directing them to allow us to carry out a forensic examination of the BVAS. They have not allowed us.

“We are also waiting for some documents we requested from them,” Prof. Kalu added.

His counsel also agreed that star witnesses would be given 30 minutes to present their evidence-in-chief, excluding the time for possible demonstration of any electronic evidence.

Obi’s lawyer also disclosed that parties agreed to use 20 minutes each to cross-examine the witnesses, another five minutes would be used for their re-examination, Vanguard reported.
https:///Zl0Q8jJFAX
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by bewla(m): 3:23am On May 21, 2023
Wish of a die old man
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by renderme: 3:25am On May 21, 2023
cheesy
Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by solmusdesigns: 4:26am On May 21, 2023
After 7 weeks he would pack some illiterate from Onitscha to court and call them witness

1 Like

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Laple0541(m): 4:40am On May 21, 2023
Mumu man, make am 7 months now, upon all the noise since Feb. the fraudster still needs 7weeks! Labour in vain.

2 Likes

Re: Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal by Mynd44: 6:49am On May 21, 2023

(1)

Kogi 2023: Yahaya Bello Plotting Self-Succession, Wants Third Term-Ologbondiyan / May Be D Mad Traffic Jams Would Be Over In Lagos / What I Will Do If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.