Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,312 members, 7,881,143 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:18 PM

Jonathan's Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Speech (565 Views)

Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Jonathan's Speech At The UN General Assembly / Fuel Subsidy Removal: President Goodluck Jonathan's Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Speech by werepeLeri: 3:13pm On Sep 27, 2011
“Some Nigerians still want the President of this country to be a lion or a tiger; somebody that has the kind of strength, force and agility to make things happen the way they think.

Yeah, Nigerians want a man like MUGABE or even Ghadaffi and preferably Abacha to come back with iron force or even IBB or Buhari who will tell them, we are in "charge", and when he says so, they will tell him he is too forceful as a soldier man and that only God can be in charge.

“I don’t need to be a lion, I don’t need to be Nebuchadnezzar, I don’t need to operate like the Pharaoh of Egypt, and I don’t need to be an army general. I can change this country without those traits,” he said.

Exactly- none of the world rulers who are "successful" has the above traits, why should they accuse you of making these statements? Why are they accusing you of saying you are not a general? Of course - you are not a general, and I agree with you, it doesnt take only Army Generals to make a change - For the past years, we have been saddled with Army Generals, since 1979 - none of them has made a difference, so, sir, you are right, you dont need to be an army general to bring about the much needed changes.

“Some others will want the President to operate like an Army general, like my Chief of Army Staff commanding his troops. Incidentally, I am not a lion; I am also not a general.

“Somebody will want the President to operate like the Kings of Syria, Babylon, Egypt, and the Pharaoh-all powerful people that you read about in the Bible. They want the President to operate that way, unfortunately, I am not one of those.

Yes sir- what is it they fault about this statement? They want you to throw pride to the air and compare yourself to these tyrants? I wonder why they fault your statement sir.

“But God knows why I am here, even though I don’t have any of those attributes, or those kinds of characters I have used as an example. But through your prayers, God placed me here. The only thing I ask you to do for me, and that is the prayer I pray every time, is for God to use me to change this country.”

Yes - we will pray that God continue to use you to make the necessary change. Only fools will think prayers can not make a change. To lead well, to govern well, prayers are never too much.

“There are Goliaths everywhere; very terrible Goliaths, the ones that can even kill their father, their mother and even their children in order to stop government. And they are willing to do it. So, we have these terrible Goliaths that are trying to frustrate us, but surely with God we will conquer them.

“Every Goliath has an exposed forehead; all the Goliaths that are stumbling blocks to the development and growth of this country, God will expose their foreheads for the stone of David,” he declared.

In Christendom, this is a powerful prayer. Every Goliath that wants to bring Nigeria down will be exposed and destroyed. We join you in echoing this powerful prayer for the love of our country Nigeria.

He said, “You know, these days, for you to be an intellectual and for people to listen to you, you have to abuse government. Somebody was asking, is Nigeria on auto pilot? Meaning a plane without a pilot, and I say Nigeria is being piloted by God himself,

“I just returned from the United Nations General Assembly in the US. (Barak) Obama, when he spoke, commended Nigeria, but back home we are being abused. When we had the Security Council meeting outside the General Assembly, Nigeria was commended, but here we are being abused.

“When the Presidents of South Africa, Gabon spoke they commended Nigeria but here we are not being appreciated. But what I can assure you is that Nigeria is on course and with your prayers and guidance of God, we will surely get to the destination we are going.”

And what is it they fault in the fact that other world leaders commend Nigeria for the meaningful effort at improving governance? What are the haters faulting in a speech as simple as the above?
Re: Jonathan's Speech by werepeLeri: 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2011
Any abuse from you goes straight back to your head o.
Re: Jonathan's Speech by Revolutnz: 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2011
Welldone beaf Werepeleri
Re: Jonathan's Speech by Toktee(m): 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2011
He is not one of those people,he a common militant like beaf

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Scare, Missing Person / Disciplinary Leader Vs Well Institutional Structured. / Obasanjo Denies Writing Secret Letter To Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.