Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:10 AM

In Christianity, Does Righteousness End At Believing In Christ ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Christianity, Does Righteousness End At Believing In Christ ? (148 Views)

Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / Do Traditional Religions Teach Love Like Christianity Does (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Christianity, Does Righteousness End At Believing In Christ ? by ebubeson: 8:56am On May 21, 2023
Is it enough to say I believe in Christ and I have accepted Jesus Christ, so I am righteous because it is His righteousness that is in me. I don't need to do anything else? When you believe and accept Jesus Christ, He gives you His righteousness, and He gives you grace to prove His righteousness. So if you were a sinner and have accepted Jesus Christ, He gives you grace to stop sinning. If you are a smoker, you will stop. If you are fornicating around, you will stop. If you are collecting or giving bribe, you will stop. If you are falsifying figures or adding price wrongly, you will stop. If you are drinking alcohol, you will stop. If you are putting early time when you came late to work, you will stop. If you are committing adultery, you will stop. If you are visiting native doctors, you will stop.

When Jesus Christ gives you His righteousness, He will give you grace to prove it to the world.
Re: In Christianity, Does Righteousness End At Believing In Christ ? by Kobojunkie: 12:27am On May 22, 2023
ebubeson:
■ Is it enough to say I believe in Christ and I have accepted Jesus Christ, so I am righteous because it is His righteousness that is in me. I don't need to do anything else?
■ When you believe and accept Jesus Christ, He gives you His righteousness, and He gives you grace to prove His righteousness. So if you were a sinner and have accepted Jesus Christ, He gives you grace to stop sinning. If you are a smoker, you will stop. If you are fornicating around, you will stop. If you are collecting or giving bribe, you will stop. If you are falsifying figures or adding price wrongly, you will stop. If you are drinking alcohol, you will stop. If you are putting early time when you came late to work, you will stop. If you are committing adultery, you will stop. If you are visiting native doctors, you will stop.
■ When Jesus Christ gives you His righteousness, He will give you grace to prove it to the world.
1. Not according to Jesus Christ who urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and then God's Righteousness in order that all things — the rewards and the blessings of the Kingdom of God — shall be added onto them. undecided

2. The righteousness which Paul told you obtained from Jesus Christ is the righteousness which Jesus Christ earned for Himself by following God's Old Law. He used it to buy you from the curse that was upon you, a curse placed on you by God as a judgment against you for your unrighteousness. Now, as Jesus Christ made clear in John 3 vs 1 - 21, that righteousness only grants you Eternal Life(grace) in place of the curse of sin and Death that was previously on you. What Jesus Christ never said is that His righteousness takes away your sins or makes you no more a sinner. No, Jesus Christ never said that. Rather, what He said is that He gives you eternal life in place of the curse on you. You were a Cursed Sinner prior to Jesus Christ, but when you become born-again, you remain a sinner but are no longer under the curse. undecided

3. So, salvation from the curse of sin and death grants you salvation from the curse but not salvation from your sins. Please do not confuse the two. As Jesus Christ urged, you are to then strive to become Holy, and then strive for God's Righteousness after you have obtained Jesus Christ's own Righteousness. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Life: Season II / The Hidden History Of Christianity In Australia / How I Treat Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.