Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,209 members, 7,919,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:18 PM

Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s (1545 Views)

Sylva: Problems Associated With Petrol Queues Linked To Rot In Previous Regimes / Kanu’s Medical And Feeding Regimes Emerge Amidst Failing Health Claims / Tinubu Says He Made His Wealth From Inheritance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s by swaggerjack: 6:10pm On May 22, 2023
Nice2023:

Don't worry,when u grow up,u will know that the writer is not lying.

In one of the US reports I read concerning Dangote,I concluded that no young man can compete with Dangote in Nigeria because of the huge monopoly he enjoys in the country.

He increases prices of goods and services at will without anyone questioning him,he was one time accused by Samid for forcing him to increase the price of sugar during Ramadan.

Don't worry,time is the only revealer of things hidden.

Abiola was like that until,the power that be worked against him.

You know your stuff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s by swaggerjack: 10:39pm On May 22, 2023
CC

TonyeBarcanista
Re: Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s by swaggerjack: 3:30am On May 25, 2023
Nice2023:

Investing ur money in a tax haven is not a crime any where unless person fails to declare it in his asset declaration document/Oaths.
Then when did he hide the account through his daughter name and pay foreigners to pretend to be owners of the account to hide his identity?

Re: Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s by Nice2023(m): 6:10am On May 25, 2023
swaggerjack:

Then when did he hide the account through his daughter name and pay foreigners to pretend to be owners of the account to hide his identity?

Sentiments aside,there is no where he broke the law.
I have different account for my children and that doesn't mean I am hiding money away from govt.

Take this anywhere and stop listening to people who have refused to learn this,keeping money or investment in tax haven like the Panama where u pay no tax is never a crime any where in the world except the person refused to disclose it as part of his assets when taking oaths of office.

Man,I was a former banker,I will sincerely advice u to learn this today and even EFCC can't say what u are saying and that is why they can't arrest him nor probe him .
However,people saying all this are saying it out of sentiments and not facts.

Even if he opens those accounts in his dogs name,it is no offence.

1 Like

Re: Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s by swaggerjack: 7:53am On May 25, 2023
Nice2023:

Sentiment aside,there is no where he broke the law.
I have different account for my children and that doesn't mean I am hiding money away from govt.

Take this anywhere and stop listening to people who have refused to learn this,keeping money or investment in tax haven like the Panama where u pay no tax is never a crime any where in the world except the person refused to disclose as part of his asset declaration when taking oaths of office.

Man,I was a former banker,I will sincerely advice u to learn this today and even EFCC can't say what u are saying and that is why they can't arrest him. However,people saying all this are saying it out of sentiments and not facts.

Even if he open those accounts in his dogs name,it is no offence.
Why did he pay for foreigners to pretend to be the owner of their account he opened in his daughters name?
Re: Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s by Nice2023(m): 8:43am On May 25, 2023
[quote author=swaggerjack post=123351660]
Why did he pay for foreigners to pretend to be the owner of their account he opened in his daughters

Those things are lies...

The reason why many of u are talking is because the APC propaganda machines are after OBI just to tarnish his image.

Let me shock u,many political establishments in Nigeria do not want persons with clean records to assume office in Nigeria,hence the need to tarnish his image.

Among those whose names appeared in Pandora papers,the current governor of Kebbi state is there,Dangote is there,Stella Odua is there even Pep Guardiola is there,Roberto mancini is there,Dimaria that plays for Argentina is there,Real Madrid coach is there.

Whatever u say here is immaterial as far as Obi and others did not deny their investments. Crying more than the bereaved is pathetically an avoidable action.

There many propandists papers that were written against Obi and no one wrote any letter against other Nigerians but one man.

In addition to what u asked...below was Obi's reply in respect to Pandora leak.

[/b]Mr Obi told PREMIUM TIMES the offshore entity is the holding company for most of his assets and that the business structure he adapted was to enable him to avoid excessive taxation. “I am sure you too will not like to pay inheritance tax if you can avoid it,” he told the reporters who interviewed him.[b]
Re: Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s by Ogene001: 9:27am On May 25, 2023
iammo:

There is nothing like import lisence as he was never an importer..

Dangote was a commodity trader and never an importer
And you know better than Forbes? Look at ignorance oozing from you
Re: Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s by Ogene001: 9:30am On May 25, 2023
iammo:

Speak with proof

Valid proof

Dangote was in Atlanta all through Abacha and IBB he was even like an uncle to Davido growing up in Atlanta in the 90s,

Dangote's return same time with Otedola and Davido's father late 90s early 20s and supplied Coca-cola Sugar

Same Dangote that Yaradua refused to sell Nigerian refinery to even when he offered to refurbish it.. Yaradua who was loyal to IBB

He wanted Land in Ogun, Ondo and Delta for his refinery yet was refused until Lagos Free trade zone offered him, now you claim Government gave him monopoly

Give him the whole if Lagos nah. He connive with government for free land instead of buying it at real value from the owner
Re: Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s by swaggerjack: 12:54pm On May 26, 2023
Ogene001:

And you know better than Forbes? Look at ignorance oozing from you
grin
Re: Forbes:Dangote Wealth From Import Rights Military & Civilian Regimes in 80s/90s by swaggerjack: 1:01pm On May 26, 2023

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Going On In Senegal? / War After Two Days!! Newspaper Reveals Egyptian Army's Relation With Niger Coup / Breaking! A Rare Photo Of Tinubu Media Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.