Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,682 members, 7,975,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 09:12 AM

2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti (687 Views)

“He Swore Never To Leave APGA”. Hilarious Response Of APC Lawyers To Obi’s Peti / Court Overrules Tinubu And APC, Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Petitions / Controversy Lingers As Appeal Court Overrules Malami On Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti by Equaljhayloaded: 4:08pm On May 23, 2023
2023 election: Court overrules Tinubu and APC; consolidates Atiku and Obi’s petitions

Source:https://www.equaljhayloaded.com.ng

Presidential Election Petition Court, PEPC, sitting in Abuja, today May 23, consolidated the three different petitions that are seeking to upturn the declaration of Bola Tinubu of the APC as the winner of the February 25, 2023 presidential election.

A five-member panel of the court led by Justice Haruna Tsammani, in a unanimous decision, dismissed objections the President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, raised against the merger of the petitions. The court held that Justice of the cases demanded that they should be consolidated and dealt with as one petition since they all relate to the same election. The court then scheduled May 30 for the candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Peter Obi, to open his case against the outcome of the presidential election held on February 25.

Obi initially told the tribunal that he would need seven weeks to present his case through 50 witnesses. Ruling on his application, the court reduced the period to three weeks, even as it gave the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Tinubu and the Vice President-elect, Senator Kashim Shettima, five days each to defend the petition. In the same vein, the court gave the 4th respondent in the case, Kabiru Masari, three days to also defend himself.

The court stressed that the parties would adopt final briefs of argument on August 5 to enable it to fix a date for judgment.

Re: 2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti by baralatie(m): 4:13pm On May 23, 2023
August 5th 2023 before selection of day for delivery of judgement
Re: 2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti by Parachoko: 4:15pm On May 23, 2023
It does not matter

What matters for now is that, it won't be televise live

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti by 9jatriot(m): 4:16pm On May 23, 2023
I just don't know if this news is not funny.

Let us assume for academic purposes that APC loses this consolidated case, then Obi and Atiku will now start another case trying to determine who came second??

Because I do not see how this consolidation is to Obi's advantage. Atiku as second I can see the advantage but not Obi.

Perhaps someone can educate me.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti by SwissMass: 4:17pm On May 23, 2023
ol
Re: 2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti by ipobarecriminals: 4:21pm On May 23, 2023
grin pressing OBI slaves mumuni

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti by BlackAdams007: 4:27pm On May 23, 2023
Okay, just keep on the fight , as far as you think you are right, never give up on what is the truth.
Re: 2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti by Jostoman: 5:09pm On May 23, 2023
9jatriot:
I just don't know if this news is not funny.

Let us assume for academic purposes that APC loses this consolidated case, then Obi and Atiku will now start another case trying to determine who came second??

Because I do not see how this consolidation is to Obi's advantage. Atiku as second I can see the advantage but not Obi.

Perhaps someone can educate me.
the court will decide that.
Re: 2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti by Jostoman: 5:10pm On May 23, 2023
My own is the judges should fear God in their judgement
Re: 2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti by Merchant247: 5:18pm On May 23, 2023
Tribunal don't have time, they want to throw their rubbish out together at once
Re: 2023 Election: Court Overrules Tinubu And APC; Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Peti by Mynd44: 5:27pm On May 23, 2023

(1)

President Tinubu Convoy, Video / The Rise And Fall Of Godwin Emefiele:video and pictures / I Don't See Peace Returning To Nigeria For 50 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.