Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,560 members, 7,951,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:23 PM

3d Rendering Workshop - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3d Rendering Workshop (3559 Views)

Know More Regarding The 3D Rendering Perth Services / Vray 3ds Max Sun Rendering Settings / High Quality Rendering In Maya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3d Rendering Workshop by cavallo: 2:44am On Sep 28, 2011
Hi.
You have tried everything but your render isn't quite how u hoped it would turn out. Ask here and I will be glad to answer. Vray will be the focus of this topic.
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by cavallo: 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2011
Hello everyone. I thot I'd break the ice by posting a conversation I had with someone who had questions about rendering, pls read,

@calvaho, thanks for the update, i tried it and i saw d difference, but what i dont know is anti alias, do I need to increase or decrease the units to get sharper images. i tried ambient occulsion, but cant find the linear work flow, i'll probably google it, but i've been tweaking the figures and i'm noticing quite a number of difference, thanks, but if you could read this and reply i'll appreciate it, thanks,

cavallo:
@jidesp I have created a topic called 3d rendering workshop where the focus is to enlighten people who wish to create stunning images in vray. Please ask your questions there so others can learn aswell. However, to answer your questions, here r some tips. 1 linear workflow: working in linear workflow enables the areas in your image that r too dark to receive some light. It creates a balance between the bright and dark areas of your scene. This is true to real life situations. It involves setting the gamma in 3ds max to 2.2. U will find it under the rendering menu/GammaLUT setup. Then enabling the vray frame buffer and setting the color mapping in vray to 2.2, 2:ambient occlusion is a render pass that I use a lot. Its only used to create some contrast or dirt around the areas of an object that is a joint, a groove or crease. In real life situations, if u look at the corners of a room, you will see that they are a bit darker than the rest of the wall. Render AO pass and place over your beauty pass by multipling the layer in photoshop. If its too dark, reduce opacity and adjust levels, 3. Antialiasing. In vray, I recommend using adaptive DMC with VraySinc filter. Min sub D of 1 and max of between 6 and 25, 3: computer spec, be patient. Create nice images and u will make enough to upgrade, Pls note that a good image may render overnight. but what the heck, its worth the wait. Don't let your clients rush u. Give a good time frame and get better with every job. Charge good and u'll be fine. In my topic I will be posting more as soon as people show some interest. Hope this helps.Good luck
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by jidesp(m): 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2011
@Calvaho. Thanks i find your description helpful. So you must know, I use maya. That was why i couldn't find the Linear Workflow. But every other thing you mentioned was there. One more thing. Can I use Vray with maya. cos i've never really used an external rendering software. I'd like to know how you lighten daylight outdoor scenes. There is a particular way i render outdoor scenes. I insert all my models and light inside a large circle mesh. and texture the mesh with sky image, create a physical based sun inside of it, though i'm not good at tweaking the figures to make it look better yet. But please if you have other tricks i dont mind, or you could explain better how to use my own trick well, i'll appreciate it, this also goes to anybody who has an idea, thanks,
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by cavallo: 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2011
@jidesp, yes you can use vray for maya. I only use 3ds max and vray because it has a larger support base and is the favourite for architectural visualization. Maya was a lot harder to learn when I started, anyway,
About ur exterior lighting method, I have used that quite a few times where I create a large dome from a sphere which I slice in half. I invert its normals and map a sky image depending on the kind of atmosphere I want. I then set up my view and do some test renders while tweaking the intensity of the image to have the basic ambient lighting of the scene, I then set up my sun and tweak until I have a good balance between the environment light and the sun light, In my present workflow, I use a hdri map in my skylight or skydome, then I place the sun if the scene requires hard shadows, I will shed more light as soon as I'm on my computer. I can't believe u can't post images in the mobile version of this site, Hope I didn't leave anything out. Cheers
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by jidesp(m): 1:46am On Oct 02, 2011
thanks cavallo, u've said quite a number of things that, i believe is true, i've tried to do some tweaking, i didnt take much time working on d modelling, i just want to see if i can achieve somefin with what u said, check out d image below, no critics about the modelling pple cos i was just in a rush and besides it was just to test my lightings,

in a sec will post another type that i mixed point light and then emit photons

Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by jidesp(m): 1:50am On Oct 02, 2011
if u noticed, its still abit blur but i'm trying to tweak somethings, will put when its thru in a min
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by jidesp(m): 2:15am On Oct 02, 2011
here is a different rendered scene, i noticed d first one was dark so i inserted a point light, and reduced its intensity to 0, and i also placed area lights at d windows to allow the directional light outside to shine inside. the directional light reflects on both the area light and the point light creating a lighter scene, this may not be clear, but so far, i think, i'm getting an better on lighting, though the render looks awkward, but will keep on trying untill i get it.lol, thanks cavalllo

Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by jidesp(m): 2:36am On Oct 02, 2011
look at the second pics, there is a bit of a difference. i increased d anti alias, lol, tweaking more, ohshit got to sleep, tomao guys.

this is my email jide.ikuyajolu@gmail.com

Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by jidesp(m): 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2011
cavallo, where are you, come here, now now, i will shoot you 3D Gun OOOOOOOOO>>>>>>>so you haven't finished clubbing, smh, are you on BB?
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by cavallo: 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2011
@jidesp. Sorry mate. Been busy with a competition, dats why I couldn't reply ur post. Just finished today. Pls don't shoot. My pin 239507B7. Will check ur independence day post later tonight. Cheers
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by Rhino5dm: 6:50am On Oct 07, 2011
@Jidesp
Try getting a Vray for Maya and work with Gamma LUT, though am not a fan of Maya either. But with good manipulation of Mental Rays, you would achieve a stunning output.
Be sure your dimensions are in scale for good interior brightness. Very important.

Pay attention to GI and FG. Switch your output preferance to HD.
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by jidesp(m): 12:09am On Oct 15, 2011
@cavallo, thanks for the update,

@rhino, thanks for the info, i've never really used any external rendering software, will find it online, or if you have any link to where i can download it, i'll be glad if you send it to me. And i love maya, its really easy for me to use, Before i start any project on Animating in Maya, i want to first perfect, Rendering, i dont want to rush, Please dont forget what i told you, thanks again,
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by Rhino5dm: 5:40am On Oct 16, 2011
@ Jidesp.
Plug-in(rendering external add ons) can be obtain from different sources. I dont know you present location,but if you happen to be in Lagos(or have access to Lagos), then i may help by giving you a contact to get the crack version (Vray for maya). Because, i see no why some should buy a licence for the purpose of practice(this is normally my first advice to my students). That said.

Maya is a very good CG package with unlimitede flexibility(just like 3D max). You should by now know that vitually all applications out there have some limitations. I know that because i have use many them.

Another angle, rendering is an art you will master with time and by continue practice with different paramaters, so for you think you wont do anything until you master rendering would be the worst decision to make(IMO).
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by Rhino5dm: 5:56am On Oct 16, 2011
, . The best way to quickly learn about rendering is by downloading from the internet files and carefully studying the parameters or by buying training DVD's, Thesame contact should be able to give loads and loads of DVD's.

I dont know the area of modeling you want to go in to, but i wouldn't advise anyone to specialize in character modeling in Nigeria, cos there is virtually zero market for that here couple with high intellectual requirement, unless you are very confident of where you are going.

If you have computer programming knowledge, you can do scripting in Visual Basic.
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by jidesp(m): 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2011
@rhino, thanks for the info, will heed to your advice. I'm in Lagos, I live at Ikeja. Let me have the contact you want me to meet for the DVD's, plugins.or you can email me on jide.ikuyajolu@gmail.com,

thanks,
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by Rhino5dm: 9:40pm On Oct 16, 2011
Call this number . . .
080 arrange and meet him @ computer village, then all your problem solved.
Tell him to give you all the necessary training DVD's.

Try to install 3Dmax,cos its more simpler to learn, easier for you to lay your hands on tons of tons of training resources, and it is common to meet people with indepth knowledge of 3dmax than Maya.(But your opinion should guide you here)

*Also, tell him to give you DVD's of "ready-made models", those are DVD's of hundreds of models i,e Cars,tools,exteriors,interiors(chairs,tables,lights,beds,kitchen set. . .and what have you). Getting these models will actually help you in making new scenes in lesser time. All you need to do is to pick from the models and import into your scenes.

They are in different formats Maya,sketch up,3dmax,cinema 4D.

I have never design a car, cos i have hundreds on different brand on my hard drives.
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by jidesp(m): 2:19am On Oct 17, 2011
thanks, i'm i to pay for it, i just want to know, i already have 3d max on my system,
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by Rhino5dm: 5:13am On Oct 17, 2011
You have to give him something(not really paying him), thats what the guy does for a living. Though, the last time i saw him was almost 4 years ago. You can equally seach for free downloads on the internet, if paying him is a problem. He pirates software/Training DVD's/Plug ins.
Beside,he will show you things you can never get else where without paying a huge amount for it.
What the guy has in stock will surely improve your skills within few months. A lot of video training explaining step by step how to perfect both interior and exterior rendering(cos they are extirely different things). A lot of Plug ins that would help in achieving photo realistic images(HD) and fast way to learn complex animations.

Again, you have to have a good specification on your machine. I have a workstation with 16 gig ram,4 graphic card accelerators. Producing animations requires high specification/calculation and alot of processing time.

By the time you install V ray for Maya, your rendering time will be very high(average of 1 hr/scene,depending on the size and quality of the output image).
. . .
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by Rhino5dm: 5:31am On Oct 17, 2011
. . .Get CS5(Adobe) and also get the training DVD's. You wont be able to much without knowledge of Photoshop. There are times you will start doing texture mapping and you have to be exporting to Photoshop or belnding of images to produce new materials.

Goodluck and welcome to sleepless night. cool

P.s. Excuse my typo cos i have been using my handset to type all this while.
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by jidesp(m): 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2011
@rhino, paying is not a prob, thanks, will get it as soon as possible,
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by ChuckD2(m): 4:44am On Oct 25, 2011
have you guys had any discussions on rendering with 3d max? i really wnt to create stunning architectural renderings (outdoor and indoor) but find my archicad unsatisfactory although i still use it but i want something better.
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by zPixel(m): 9:36am On Oct 25, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm actually thinking of organizing classes with the objective of explaining 3d lights, materials, render settings in V-ray and also how prepare your project for rendering. So you have the knowledge to create nice and clean renders in 3dsmax. I'm targeting architects but of-course any other persons interested can also participate. It won't be free.

I want to know if you guys would be interested before i provide more information. If you would like to see my works, visit  www.zpixel3d.com
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by Rhino5dm: 5:22am On Oct 26, 2011
I will suggest you get 3dmax on your machine. 3dmax with some little plug-ins like V ray shlould be able to solve all your rendering problems. The issue here is, the file format of archicad and compactibility with 3dmax.

3dmax accept variable import file formats. .dxf,.dwg,.3ds. Should work fine.

So, you can be doing your design/modeling in a package you are familiar with and then finish it up by import into 3dmax. Because modeling a house in 3dmax is another thing all together i.e you have to learn how to use tools that would aid you in doing that, which can consume alot of your time.

Get 3dmax and install Vray, .finish up your design in archicad,autocad,inventor,solidworks,sketchup or any CG packages you are good at, then import to 3Dmax,switch rendering from default i.e scan line or mental ray to Vray.

2011 3dmax comes with an added rendering engine for time minimizing.
You can even manipulate mental ray to get stunning output at very good rendering time. As i like using mental when animating a scene.

Look for a good training DVD's on interior and exterior rendering using 3dmax. They are quiet easy to follow. With intense concerntration and constatnt practices, you should be ok within weeks or days.

Simple key frame animation and the reactor engines is one of the greatest advantange of 3dmax couple with the ability to simulate your scene.

Chuck D:

have you guys had any discussions on rendering with 3d max? i really wnt to create stunning architectural renderings (outdoor and indoor) but find my archicad unsatisfactory although i still use it but i want something better.
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by ChuckD2(m): 11:38am On Oct 26, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

I will suggest you get 3dmax on your machine. 3dmax with some little plug-ins like V ray shlould be able to solve all your rendering problems. The issue here is, the file format of archicad and compactibility with 3dmax.

3dmax accept variable import file formats. .dxf,.dwg,.3ds. Should work fine.

So, you can be doing your design/modeling in a package you are familiar with and then finish it up by import into 3dmax. Because modeling a house in 3dmax is another thing all together i.e you have to learn how to use tools that would aid you in doing that, which can consume alot of your time.

Get 3dmax and install Vray, .finish up your design in archicad,autocad,inventor,solidworks,sketchup or any CG packages you are good at, then import to 3Dmax,switch rendering from default i.e scan line or mental ray to Vray.

2011 3dmax comes with an added rendering engine for time minimizing.
You can even manipulate mental ray to get stunning output at very good rendering time. As i like using mental when animating a scene.

Look for a good training DVD's on interior and exterior rendering using 3dmax. They are quiet easy to follow. With intense concerntration and constatnt practices, you should be ok within weeks or days.

Simple key frame animation and the reactor engines is one of the greatest advantange of 3dmax couple with the ability to simulate your scene.

Hey Rhino, thanks for the tips. they surely will be helpful.
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by Lushore1: 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2011
H
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by cavallo: 7:07am On Mar 27, 2013
DONT MISS THIS. ITS HAPPENING ON THE 7TH OF APRIL 2013, AT ABUJA. 4 DAY WORKSHOP. GOOD THING IS, ITS AFFORDABLE. FOLLOW RIVENDELL PIER ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE INFO..

Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by ezehisaac(m): 9:49am On Apr 24, 2013
cavallo: DONT MISS THIS. ITS HAPPENING ON THE 7TH OF APRIL 2013, AT ABUJA. 4 DAY WORKSHOP. GOOD THING IS, ITS AFFORDABLE. FOLLOW RIVENDELL PIER ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE INFO..
shocked shocked shocked
Re: 3d Rendering Workshop by Donald3d(m): 8:22am On Sep 27, 2013
Hello guys i have been battling a problem i tried to install vray it installs perfectly well but when i want to render it gives errors about license,i have other versions of 3d max but i tried to install it on 3dmax 2009,please help.thanks in advance

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Download Video Files From Youtube In Flv, Avi Or Wmv Format. / Vacancy: Pencil Artist Needed. / Create Studio! Get this Professional 3D Animation Software Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.