Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? (14456 Views)

Hope Reunites With His Mother 7 Years After He Was Branded A Witch & Left To Die / What Amount Should A Child Be Contributing To The House? Anthony Joshua Asks / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Gerrard59(m): 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2023
Darlingme:
This has nothing to do with entitlement mentality.

No one is an island and we all need each other to live peacefully.
So, a man died in my neighborhood and his children has forbidden their rich and wealthy uncles from contributing to the burial. Accordingly to the children, their poor father died of starvation, which they have been appealing to relatives, also his only brother who works in an oil company in PH for assistant and he has always promised to help, but never did. This uncle happens to be the first person to send an ambulance to convey the corpse to the village, and the children rejected his offer.
I don't understand. Why do we have rich family members, friends, yet we suffer poverty?
Why is it always easy for people who can save their fellow humans from death, starvation, depression always ignore them, but once he/she dies, it's easy to raise money for burial.

E

The children did the right thing. The next is to cut-off such people from their lives. If they could not assist their brother while alive, they will never assist his children now that he is dead.

They should hold the grudge till thy kingdom come. They should not forgive or forget. Hold the malice till infinity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Billionaire2: 1:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
Wickedness and hypocrisy
Even in death the money they contribute isn’t from their heart… it’s just to avoid what people will say

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by CodeTemplar: 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2023
You may not like my response but what can I do?
There are a number of reasons.

1. Perception of the fellow in need being diabolical and using the assistance as a medium to harm them spiritually.
2. Plain hatred for the person in need and thus wanting to make him suffer.
3. The downfall of the one I need is intricately tied to their prosperity(witchcraft) and so they subtly avoid helping him but prefer to take credit for his expenses and little successes (my personal experience).
4. Lack of trust due to past exploitation of assistance by the one in need.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by slaypapa: 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2023
All of ur comments have valid points.
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by CodeTemplar: 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2023
Billionaire2:
Wickedness and hypocrisy
Even in death the money they contribute isn’t from their heart… it’s just to avoid what people will say
or to take credit for his physical wellbeing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by OvertheTop(m): 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2023
Exmilitant:
Depends on the poor relatives.

I have an older cousin who sold lot of lands,
in PH in those days when land selling was the thing among Ikwerre men.

did you know that this man is still a pauper? he has four children and none of them could scale through the university!

would you help such a man? a man who sold more than 25 plots of land including that of his widowed sister and consumed the money without a thought about his future?

whenever he dies we will contribute money for a befitting burial and if his children disagrees they can fu..ck off!!

This is OPs is Saying : There is no need for the Bolded!
you don't need to contribute after Death since you never Contributed before death..
Your point is understandable

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by President2001(m): 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
We don't celebrate people when they are alive that's African culture

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by OvertheTop(m): 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2023
Darlingme:

Then what are we family for?

Family is for 30% support while you get back on your feet Quickly without falling into the entitlement trap and becoming LAZY
Do not be the one to need the support in the Family. You too are capable of Rendering the Support too.
May God help us all( Especially Men)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by CodeTemplar: 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2023
Skyview01:
Those rich family members, are they your father or mother?

If not they are not responsible for you so quit the entitlement mentality and go get a job.

Their money or wealth does not belong to you or the lazy "poor" relatives.

if the man isn't entitled then the children were right to reject what he isn't entitled to.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by gentleguy1975: 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
Darlingme:
My thought exactly. Someone you can't help why he/she is alive, why helping to give a befitting burial?
but, the thing is, some people do this for selfish reason and not out of compassion,if they fail to help giving the dead,a befitting burial, the community and other relatives would tag them as being wicked, it's a show off thing

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by CodeTemplar: 1:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
Skyview01:
I have adult relatives who are willfully poor and have refused to take up a job or learn a skill.
I sent some to the university and after graduation have refused to work but want me to place them on a monthly salary.

I even got a job in a multinational company for one and he left the job without letting me know.

Do i fucking look like some ATM machine?

There is nothing wrong in being poor if it is by indolent choice.

I will rather help friends or serious stranger than some useless relatives.
Dont stereotype.
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by TheGift: 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2023
Darlingme:

So, a man died in my neighborhood and his children has forbidden their rich and wealthy uncles from contributing to the burial. Accordingly to the children, their poor father died of starvation, which they have been appealing to relatives, also his only brother who works in an oil company in PH for assistant and he has always promised to help, but never did. This uncle happens to be the first person to send an ambulance to convey the corpse to the village, and the children rejected his offer.
I don't understand. Why do we have rich family members, friends, yet we suffer poverty?
Why is it always easy for people who can save their fellow humans from death, starvation, depression always ignore them, but once he/she dies, it's easy to raise money for burial.

Even on social media, we bully, humiliate each other, push some people into depression with our words and write up, but once the person commit succid, we tend to start posting pics with lovely write ups. Condemning their suicidal action and blaming them for not voicing out?
why? Is it our environment, social way of behaving?

Have you ever experience any of this? Can you share such experience?
What's your general opinion about this?

I don't, by the grace of God.

And by the grace of God, I won't.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by chi4ik4(m): 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2023
I recently had heart attack for 4 days resulting from wrong injections and overdose. My test results were horrible and I called, texted and chatted up my lovely friend who is a medical doctor, whom I have sacrified all for both in cash and in kind but she ignored me, I only needed her to guide me medically, interpret my results for me and suggestion another good hospital I could use since we reside in the same state but she never showed any concern. I almost lost my life when I was poorly managed in a hospital until another person refered me to very good hospital that is currently managing my case. This person still don't show any concern and if I had died now, she would been posting my pics everywhere. Note: I never let her down whenever she needs me both in cash and in kind and I only needed her medical counsel. Over 1.5m spent already but I'm glad that I'm alive and active.

Just forget people but pray and work hard.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
It's their money and they're entitled to it.

Let them help you at their own free will, not because you feel entitled to it just because the person is a family member.
Chibuezem:
Its this mentality that we are talking of, what is the essence of having a family when they can't help you in the time of need when they are capable of it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
Don't pay evil with evil.
Exmilitant:
Depends on the poor relatives.

I have an older cousin who sold lot of lands,
in PH in those days when land selling was the thing among Ikwerre men.

did you know that this man is still a pauper? he has four children and none of them could scale through the university!

would you help such a man? a man who sold more than 25 plots of land including that of his widowed sister and consumed the money without a thought about his future?

whenever he dies we will contribute money for a befitting burial and if his children disagrees they can fu..ck off!!
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Darlingme(f): 1:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
chi4ik4:
I recently had heart attack for 4 days resulting from wrong injections and overdose. My test results were horrible and I called, texted and chatted up my lovely friend who is a medical doctor, whom I have sacrified all for both in cash and in kind but she ignored me, I only needed her to guide me medically, interpret my results for me and suggestion another good hospital I could use since we reside in the same state but she never showed any concern. I almost lost my life when I was poorly managed in a hospital until another person refered me to very good hospital that is currently managing my case. This person still don't show any concern and if I had died now, she would been posting my pics everywhere. Note: I never let her down whenever she needs me both in cash and in kind and I only needed her medical counsel. Over 1.5m spent already but I'm glad that I'm alive and active.

Too bad. Sorry for what you're going through and hope you're improving?

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Ismael97(m): 1:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
Darlingme:

Then what are we family for?

Ask him o
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by vickydevoka(m): 1:50pm On Jun 06, 2023
Darlingme:
But why? Why? Family members are to help each other. Don't you think it's the mentality of ''everyone ought to be on their own'' that has caused us too much struggles?
If your 2 sister and brother have 6 kids and your salary is 500k. Call them everyday and asks them how are you, ok. Omo!! Best way to help your family, pick one person and make him grow. Make sure you follow up so he won’t divert. If you have two people doing well, even burial money no go be problem. Some family de sale land to do burial

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
chi4ik4:

Normally this doctors dey wicked wella especially females

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Wodu89: 1:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
chi4ik4:

Human beings

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Ismael97(m): 1:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

From a bible point of view i get you but reality,especially in africa christrians are even worse these days, they rash to five the papas in church in return double aka plant the seed

What i have learnt and seen in the western world, most charities are not run by churches, but a fellow human, who has seen the need to help people in different situation (humanity) In west we have more charity organisations that the churches and are doing great

With many churches in nigeria, how many charity organisations that are run by churches offer service to both its members and the public?

Some churches have universities
less than 2% are free scholar from both the church and poors families

Human beings are getting increasingly wicked on a daily. I've given up on Humanity. Only a few people are good. The rest are bad. I've been here crying out for 5k to buy drugs for my sick son, and all I get is insults and been tagged a scammer. I'm tired with Life generally

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by occfx: 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
Darlingme:

Even on social media, we bully, humiliate each other, push some people into depression with our words and write up, but once the person commit succid, we tend to start posting pics with lovely write ups. Condemning their suicidal action and blaming them for not voicing out?

An average black man believes the lesser the population the more opportunity for him so, when a poor person dies, you are minus one burden to them, they will happily contribute money for your exit.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by OmoGomesIlorin: 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2023
Because every man is responsible for his life.
But when the relative dies, his dead body becomes a burden to others, and they need to bury him to avoid double wahala

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2023
We're a family because mother nature just happened.. grin grin grin

If you're going to live your life always expecting other people to give you handouts in the name of family, then prepare yourself for disappointments because each one of us has got a race to run in this life and just because someone appears to be financially stable, it doesn't always have to mean all is well with the person.

And what will you gain from using these insults of yours
Merch:
S.A bitches don’t ever have sense you better stop commenting hogwash on this forum if you don’t have sense, if we can’t help each other then why are we family

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by bukatyne(f): 2:14pm On Jun 06, 2023
Darlingme:

[img][/img]
Well, because they know that after the one off contribution for the burial, they are free.

It is easier to contribute for a burial ceremony than be responsible for feeding a man and his family every month.

Except you can provide him with a tool for fishing for himself which some poor people don't want.

You also do not know if the rich relatives have tried fruitfulnessly to drag the man out of poverty by teaching him how to fish without yielding results.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by YaQsGaYa(m): 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2023
Ask my uncle this ❓ I even asked him to give me half of my coffin money make I use do business still he no gree, he say na full he wan pay. I tell am sey no wallaha....
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by bukatyne(f): 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
Darlingme:
My thought exactly. Someone you can't help why he/she is alive, why helping to give a befitting burial?

Would you prefer they leave the dead people without burial?
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by OmoGomesIlorin: 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
vickydevoka:

If your 2 sister and brother have 6 kids and your salary is 500k. Call them everyday and asks them how are you, ok. Omo!! Best way to help your family, pick one person and make him grow. Make sure you follow up so he won’t divert. If you have two people doing well, even burial money no go be problem. Some family de sale land to do burial

Helping some people is very difficult and doesn't worth the stress.
in January 2021, I promised a neighbour to help him raise some amount of money as loan so hi wife can use it to start a small business which could help them feed. Besides the money I promised, all the business ideas I share with them non were accepted.
In the long run, I found they had planned how to use the money to pay house rent. I have to cut the money down to 30%.
Up till now, they had not pay back the money. When they had the money, they prefer to use the money to sponsor their daughter's Navy recruitment.

Now what do you think will be my worldview about helping people? I have had other experiences.
This day I have limit my PH attitude

4 Likes

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by bukatyne(f): 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
LARRYOBRAIN:
Don't pay evil with evil.
cheesy cheesy wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Did he tell you his uncle was evil or he was paying him back with evil?
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Emekmart: 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
In fact many of these people help outsiders rather than their own relatives. They are well known outside and even have chieftains titles from outside but their imidiate family members suffer in poverty.
Sometimes their money is not genuine. In the olden days we are our brother keepers not nowadays. God delivere us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Year Took The Most Important People In Your Life ? / Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? / How Do I Make Proposing To Her Romantic And Memorable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.