Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,870 members, 7,879,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:36 AM

Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive (14466 Views)

Let’s Laugh Together And Also Learn From My Funny Experience / What Are Your Funny Experiences Teaching A Woman How To Drive A Car? / If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by lonelydora: 6:09pm On May 25, 2023
Few years ago, I tried teaching my wife how to drive, each session ended with quarrel and shoutings.

Sometimes, she will abandon the vehicle for me and use bike/Keke to go home.

One time, she said her dad said it's Volkswagen Beetle one should learn with, that it makes one to learn very well. I asked her if I should go and buy Beetle for her? grin

Omo, after about 4 sessions, I gave her 30k to go and register in a driving school.

She's now a professional driver. She does PH to Umuahia at 100km/hr sef

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by goldencomets: 6:10pm On May 25, 2023
bigdammyj:
Reading...

My wife finished from 3weeks training driving school, gave madam my car to drive while I sat beside her... and she fearfully but boldly face the fence

cheesy Some people can be nervous even though they are capable

3 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Fab21: 6:11pm On May 25, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
I dey tell u

May God have mercy..
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Delightsome2023: 6:11pm On May 25, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
I dey tell u
create a thread and gist us abeg
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by olukaygold(m): 6:12pm On May 25, 2023
I've been watching YouTube quite a while about how to drive. so early this Month, I consulted my brother who owns a car that he should pls teach Me how to drive,he thought me for less than an hour, then on the following weekend,I went to purchase a vehicle, after doing the necessary things,they drove me home on Saturday evening, early Sunday,cos of the eagerness, I started the car,my mom was shouting I should wait for my brother to come and teach me, I neglected her then drive it around and drive it back home. My mom was happy seeing me driving home na so she said I should come and carry her go church which I gladly accepted the offer. They nearly bashed my car when driving her to church that day with lots of disdainful look from the drivers. The following week, I carry the car go Oshogbo with my Fiance and come back that same day(Gor issues with PoliceMen on the road trying to exploit me which I stood firm on my right). The third week which is last week,I carry the car go to Abeokuta but the bitter experience cost me New Engine, cos I didn't notice the temperature of my car which made the car to be doing overheating so out of ignorance, I put water inside the radiator when it's hot,started the car then move again until i got to ibadan and the car stopped again,called roadside Mechanic (worst mistake).

7 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by hefelove(m): 6:23pm On May 25, 2023
Bending down to look for break while the car is moving will always be funny to me when learning how to drive

3 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Johnchrix(m): 6:25pm On May 25, 2023
ugodson:
Dont know why, but i cant teach someone hiw to drive. That person go hear am. I learnt how to drive watching my dad, when i knew i have learnt enough one day i just took the car to school. (This was after 6-7 months.
So am proud to say i taught myself.
My mom just took me to a driving school for my licence

I also thought my self.. I drove From Ojo to Ajah, I loaded people to Eleko..The passengers were like u carry your papa car come hustle. They didn't notice I was learning..Upon going back, fuel almost finished ontop third mainland bridge around 9pm. I for hear am.. Lol.

5 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by chatinent: 6:31pm On May 25, 2023
And they will be driving fast, and when you say BRAKE, the leg will be finding the brakes and they will end up adding a gear.

1 Like

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by justcallbuki(f): 6:31pm On May 25, 2023
During learning process,I was angry with hubby and he still asked me to drive all by myself home,after dropping the kids at school
So with the anger I started driving till I saw a car coming from opposite direction with High speed,and I wanted to dogde him without looking front,I just ram into a parked trailer and I damaged the head light and the trailer bumber 🀣🀣I got down and packed his bumper into my car and reverse with speed and started running...the trailer guy just folded his hand and was watching me not until I saw him behind me.....I was literally shaking. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Deeprooted: 6:33pm On May 25, 2023
Way back to university days. My friend who brings to our off camp, his Aunty's car, brought it one certain time and decided to teach me driving.

Omo! As him give me the wheel na so I come see one of my coursemates. D guy come wave me. I took me more than a kilometer to locate the horn. All the while my friend kept asking me what I was looking for. Immediately I located it pressed it in acknowledgement of the wave from my friend in about 20 minutes ago

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Judolisco(m): 6:39pm On May 25, 2023
My sister, I asked her to match break.... As I see say dis girl no Wan hold d break na so I bend down use my hand hold am... Asked her to come down... E Don do make we go huz... I use to recommend Dr driving game on play store for people now.... Play Dr driving for at least a month first b4 I teach u

12 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by kerriman: 6:39pm On May 25, 2023
my experience when i tried to teach my wife was a fearful one the very first day l gave up. it was an open field but l made sure it was not when the field will be busy. lnstead of her to press brake she acceletrated and the car attempted to fly and l have to cross my leg from the passenger's side to match the brake. After that l told her l will never teach her again and she went angirily to register with a driving school and within two weeks she was on the highway from Abuja Airport road to zuba (those of you that know the road know how dangerous that road is uptil now) everyday except weekend and at drives in the night.

4 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by brain54(m): 6:44pm On May 25, 2023
turmacs:
My own case is that I was the one being taught how to drive. I begged my boyfriend to teach me how to drive for ages. Until one day he decided to have faith in me and teach, that was the first time and almost the last time I would enter the driving seat of a car grin long story short, I ended up ramming his rear bumper into another parked car. He had to pay for both his damaged car and the other person's. Omo, he did not talk to me almost 2 weeks grin any food I cook he will tell me he doesn't have appetite. Only me know what I went through that period before he got over it grin
grin
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by immaculateimmey(m): 6:45pm On May 25, 2023
Please how can I connect you
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by GorgeousAF(f): 6:53pm On May 25, 2023
I just did 2weeks in driving school and boom I don hit road...my driving school trainer was so impressed. He'll make remarks like" and you be woman o still u no dey stress me".. i didn't bash d car for one day and by God's grace I will not o grin...i even drive at night grin

9 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by plumcomm: 6:56pm On May 25, 2023
dudusky007:
LIARS EVERYWHERE!! people wen no even know wetin b crush 4 car naim go dey explain long story
no be only crush,na tandi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by sammuell(m): 6:56pm On May 25, 2023
esemes256:
Currently teaching my wife.
Every new day of teaching seems like we are starting afresh. It's as if when she goes to bed, she forgets everything she has learnt.

I am patient with her though. I know she will break through with constant practice.

I myself learnt how to drive in 2021. For the first six months it looked like I will never master the skill of driving. Fast forward to 2023, I now drive interstate confidently.

What helped me was taking the initiative to learn alot of things myself, even watching YouTube videos and the likes.

6 months?
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Shaddymie(f): 7:01pm On May 25, 2023
tete7000:
My niece's father arranged for her to be taught how to drive. After having taken some lessons, the person teaching her thought she has learnt enough and allowed her take the driver's seat and drive herself. She was actually not doing badly until when a trailer came behind her and blew its horn loud, my niece jumped out of the car and till today she didn't return to drive again.

So funny grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by LincolnOnyeabor: 7:01pm On May 25, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
Civil war don start for Aba oo!..very bloody
How do you mean??
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 25, 2023
My mom. The mistress in acting. I give that woman a big medal. She can act ehn. Me teaching her how to drive a manual car be like say you won kee her
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by DonTim1: 7:04pm On May 25, 2023
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by SMARTMOTORS(m): 7:05pm On May 25, 2023
Delightsome2023:
create a thread and gist us abeg
I no Sabi post for Nairaland
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by LincolnOnyeabor: 7:09pm On May 25, 2023
justcallbuki:
During learning process,I was angry with hubby and he still asked me to drive all by myself home,after dropping the kids at school
So with the anger I started driving till I saw a car coming from opposite direction with High speed,and I wanted to dogde him without looking front,I just ram into a parked trailer and I damaged the head light and the trailer bumber 🀣🀣I got down and packed his bumper into my car and reverse with speed and started running...the trailer guy just folded his hand and was watching me not until I saw him behind me.....I was literally shaking. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

grin grin

So wetin come happen na??

How the Story later end??
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by ugodson(m): 7:16pm On May 25, 2023
Johnchrix:

I also thought my self.. I drove From Ojo to Ajah, I loaded people to Eleko..The passengers were like u carry your papa car come hustle. They didn't notice I was learning..Upon going back, fuel almost finished ontop third mainland bridge around 9pm. I for hear am.. Lol.
I was taking my dads car to school (secondary School ss2)until my mom saw me. Thinking she would kill me but instead i noticed she was impressed i knew how to drive

4 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by SeniorMan715(m): 7:24pm On May 25, 2023
I rather go driving school
Laple0541:
Mine was when someone was teaching me how to drive and that someone was my wife.

We used to return home fighting everyday because she always talked to me like her student and as an African man, pride never allowed me to accept I was truly her student grin
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Ten06(m): 7:27pm On May 25, 2023
The one that pleaded with me to teach her some years ago, catched up very fast within 4 months.
I actually dedicated my time to teach her and she was able to drive very well.
During the learning period she paid me well with serious bleeping after each lesson. She was such a very beautiful girl.

1 Like

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Laple0541(m): 7:29pm On May 25, 2023
SeniorMan715:
I rather go driving school

grin
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by justcallbuki(f): 7:32pm On May 25, 2023
LincolnOnyeabor:

grin grin

So wetin come happen na??

How the Story later end??

He double crossed me and removed the ignition key and told me tΓ­ call whosesoever I had to call,I called hubby to come back from work,on getting there hubby just told him that I was nervous and scared,the guy said I never start...hubby later told him that his bumper was just patched that I wasn't the one that removed it,they Sha settled and he packed his bumper from the car,and they started laughing,I dropped the key and told hubby that I wasn't interested again,but he no gree,he just told me to drive the car home,anger he left I had no choice than to drive the car home.
After then,I avoided that road,but hubby no just gree me.

3 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Contekbbc: 8:12pm On May 25, 2023
turmacs:
My own case is that I was the one being taught how to drive. I begged my boyfriend to teach me how to drive for ages. Until one day he decided to have faith in me and teach, that was the first time and almost the last time I would enter the driving seat of a car grin long story short, I ended up ramming his rear bumper into another parked car. He had to pay for both his damaged car and the other person's. Omo, he did not talk to me almost 2 weeks grin any food I cook he will tell me he doesn't have appetite. Only me know what I went through that period before he got over it grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Aremu01(m): 8:22pm On May 25, 2023
My wife stopped in the middle of the road and said she's not going again

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Share Your Car Service/user Manual / Why Are You Driving Manual gear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.