Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,688 members, 7,921,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 06:25 AM

Professor Jimoh Mosobalaje Oyawoye(1927-2023): The Last Of His Kind - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Professor Jimoh Mosobalaje Oyawoye(1927-2023): The Last Of His Kind (212 Views)

Remembering Professor Mosobalaje Oyawoye: A Year Of Loss And Legacy / Tribute To Professor Jimoh Mosobalaje Olaloye Oyawoye (series 1) / Bintinlaye Mourns Passage Of First Africa Professor Of Geology, Jimoh Mosobalaje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Professor Jimoh Mosobalaje Oyawoye(1927-2023): The Last Of His Kind by Usmanissa247(m): 11:47pm On May 25, 2023
Professor Jimoh Mosobalaje Oyawoye(1927-2023): The Last Of His Kind

_By Busy Brain_

His golden name and rich history sound sonorous and pleasing to the ears even when you have no affiliation with Offa community. As far as the Kwara State is concerned, Professor Jimoh Mosobalaje Olaloye Oyawoye remains one of the most mentioned philanthropists without religious, ethnic, or political affiliation. His philanthropic gestures dated back many years before my existence. I only heard of his kindness and generosity while I was growing up. In my neighborhood, anyone who is financially broken in one way or the other would be directed to 'Ile Prof' meaning Prof's house. As a young and innocent boy, I had an assumption that the Prof. everybody was referring to might be a Politician, and probably that was the reason why the less privileged and the needy were always on the run to his house for salvation.

My thought of labeling Professor Oyawoye a politician was erased through my childhood friend, Oladimeji Solomon who was a direct beneficiary of Professor Oyawoye's philanthropic intervention. Solomon told me about Prof because he is a prince who has been fed with history. I heard the story of Prof. being the first African Professor of Geology as a teen from Solomon and many other good tidings that are numerous to mention.

As part of the stories, my friend was sponsored by Professor Oyawoye to the University of Ilorin from 100 level to 400 level with pocket money every month for upkeep. Before he graduated from the University, his savings from part of his pocket money had summed to a substantial amount to start a business. Today, Solomon is a big man made by God through Professor Oyawoye's scholarship scheme.

Solomon's story is just like a drop, out of countless philanthropic gestures of the Prof. to the less privileged and the needy.

When the news of Baba's death broke out, the heavy rain that fell might be coincidental, but it is a message that the great man is no more. The moment I heard about his death, I recalled the tales of his kindness and charity to all and sundry. What a great day for Baba Adini of Kwara State with the mammoth crowd in thousands, from afar and nearby who came out en mass to pay last respect to the man of the masses.

Apart from the rain that fell that gave the sign of a good omen, God in the Holy Quran described the caliber of Professor Oyawoye. God says those who accepted Him as their God and stood firmly by it, the angels will descend when they are dead to tell them that, they have no course to fear or panic and give them good news about their final abode which is Aljanat. When the rain started, I told myself that the angels have come down to welcome Prof, not because of being the first Professor of Geology or because of being Aremo of Offa. The angels descended because Professor Mosobalaje accepted Almighty Allah and stood firmly by it till his last day, the angels descended because of his kindness, generosity, charity, piety, and impact that enhanced the course of religion. I concluded with a strong assertion that Almighty Allah has blessed Prof. with a happy ending and he is going to paradise, in Shaa Allah.

Baba's death is a colossal loss not only to Oyawoye's family or Offa community but to the country at large. The emeritus Professor used his wealth of global experience to contribute to knowledge and research which shall remain a reference point in academia till eternal calls.

It is a prestige that Aremo of Offa lived a fulfilled life as he deployed positive channels to enhance the growth and development of Offa community and left a great legacy and remarkable footprints that will stand the test of time through his philanthropic projects, scholarship scheme, and charity to the less privileged and the needy in cash and kind.

May Almighty Allah uphold the entire family of Professor Jimoh Mosobalaje Olaloye Oyawoye, Olofa of Offa, Offa community, the Anilelerin dynasty, the council of Alfas, Offa Professors, and Kwara State by extension.

May Allah grant Baba Prof. Aljanat Firdaus. Amin.

Beezybrain247@gmail.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Best Laundry Detergent Strips And Revolutionize Cloth Cleaning / Sweet Mama / Keycloak Managed Service: Empowering Secure And Scalable Identity Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.