Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,017 members, 7,919,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 02:33 AM

Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth (3423 Views)

Amosun To Blame For Dangote Relocating Refinery To Lagos — Dapo Abiodun / FFK: 'Was Nigeria Created For Dangote Or Was Dangote Created For Nigeria?' / Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by ayokellany: 7:15pm On Jun 13, 2023
You know this miserable lot too well

Basic123:
I can bet will my balls that ,the opener of this thread is BIAFRAN TERRORIST.

I am too sure!

One a glory doesn't belong to them,they will demonize and ridicule it
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by ayokellany: 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2023
Does Pandora bastard foolish criminal Peter Obi need to have anything to do with the thread before he can be mentioned or don't we see your tribesmen mention Tinubu Buhari on thread that as nothing to do with them at all times

DMerciful:
What has Obi got to do with this?
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by ayokellany: 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2023
Can we use this hopelessly foolish sentiment to question

Innoson
Ibeato
And other Igbo companies with edge in their respective industry or this only applies to businesses not own by igbos ?

maestroferddi:
People like you really need to grow up from your defeatist mentality...

Learn to think in the long term because will not end with Buhari or Tinubu administration.

This has nothing to do with being Igbo or not...It is just basic common sense.

You should ask a question why government projects do not work while the of a certain individual almost always works.

As a Yoruba person stop seeing the Igbos as your enemies even when they are making valid points...

The fact that one of the biggest projects is in the hands of a rabid capitalist should prick your curiosity...

If I were you, my game plan would be thinking of how to ensure that he does not wield unlimited powers in the future: I would be thinking using his laudable achievement as a springboard to build modular refineries in the region...

You guys should raise your game...Elevate your engagement beyond asinine tribal howling and do something thinking..
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by swaggerjack: 2:48am On Jun 14, 2023
ayokellany:
Does Pandora bastard foolish criminal Peter Obi need to have anything to do with the thread before he can be mentioned or don't we see your tribesmen mention Tinubu Buhari on thread that as nothing to do with them at all times

Find God.
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by swaggerjack: 4:33am On Jun 14, 2023
Basic123:

I will stop seeing Igbo as my enemy once they stop seeing yorubas as enemies.
Thank you
All in your head.
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by swaggerjack: 4:23am On Jun 16, 2023
CC

nairalanda1
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by nairalanda1(m): 4:33am On Jun 16, 2023
swaggerjack:
CC

nairalanda1

You don't need to tell me this...I know Dangote used his connections well well...infact I did not believe that his cement factory was real all those years ago, until CNN did a feature on it. I thought it was an elaborate front for importation of more cement.

You should be asking why the other people who got licences for refineries did nothing about it, leaving Dangote as the major refinery in Nigeria. The answer to the question is subsidy....

When you sell fuel below the production and transport cost, and all your government pays is a subsidy that would not adequately cover the loss sustained doing so...that is the reason why we lost 4 refinereis, had a lot of corruption and mismanagement, and also had most people not venturing into refinery business.

By the way, here is the list of the refineries as at 2021: https://www.thecable.ng/full-list-dangote-waltersmith-private-refineries-licensed-by-dpr

And yes, Dangote is probably in cahoots with the governments past and present. But then again that is the game many businessman and women play in Nigeria. But at the end of the day, the reason why he has a monopoly...a perceived one...is because ....so long as subsidy existed..other people (apart from BUA, and 3 others...including a refinery in Edo state) were too scared to take the risk.

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by swaggerjack: 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2023
nairalanda1:

You don't need to tell me this...I know Dangote used his connections well well...infact I did not believe that his cement factory was real all those years ago, until CNN did a feature on it. I thought it was an elaborate front for importation of more cement.

You should be asking why the other people who got licences for refineries did nothing about it, leaving Dangote as the major refinery in Nigeria. The answer to the question is subsidy....

When you sell fuel below the production and transport cost, and all your government pays is a subsidy that would not adequately cover the loss sustained doing so...that is the reason why we lost 4 refinereis, had a lot of corruption and mismanagement, and also had most people not venturing into refinery business.

By the way, here is the list of the refineries as at 2021: https://www.thecable.ng/full-list-dangote-waltersmith-private-refineries-licensed-by-dpr

And yes, Dangote is probably in cahoots with the governments past and present. But then again that is the game many businessman and women play in Nigeria. But at the end of the day, the reason why he has a monopoly...a perceived one...is because ....so long as subsidy existed..other people (apart from BUA, and 3 others...including a refinery in Edo state) were too scared to take the risk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7lfHL_l1w
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by swaggerjack: 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2023
CC

helineus
itsme01
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by itsme01: 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
swaggerjack:
CC

helineus
itsme01

Business Administration majoring in accounting

It's called double honors

Like I have Double honors in Computer and Information Science , Dual degree
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by 10ko: 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
itsme01:

Business Administration majoring in accounting

It's called double honors

Like I have Double honors in Computer and Information Science , Dual degree
mohammed safiu Oyedele
why did you and your father Ishola raped your nephew and mother Musili ?
confess now because I have your pictures and videos
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by swaggerjack: 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2023

Many! Dangote has direct access to government money. He dictate national policy.

Did you hear the CBN governor saying they will beg him to sell dollar to Nigerians at affordable price?

Who does that?
E choke
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by kanupapilo: 2:11pm On Jan 13
DMerciful:
What has Obi got to do with this?
Don't mind the joker.

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by Osoboshi: 3:43pm On Jan 13
Ogene001:

High poverty in the North proves that they lack business acumen. Only enjoying government patronage
after dangote na who-bua.
Before dangote dantata etc mumu go sit-down.northerners are not opportunist like you criminals down south,na yahoo yahoo,drug trafficking and ritualism be the business acumen I see

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by Osoboshi: 3:43pm On Jan 13
Ogene001:

High poverty in the North proves that they lack business acumen. Only enjoying government patronage
Before dangote dantata etc mumu go sit-down.northerners are not opportunist like you criminals down south,na yahoo yahoo,drug trafficking and ritualism be the business acumen ba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by kanupapilo: 6:11pm On Jan 13
Osoboshi:
Before dangote dantata etc mumu go sit-down.northerners are not opportunist like you criminals down south,na yahoo yahoo,drug trafficking and ritualism be the business acumen ba
Thrash
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by swaggerjack: 10:39am On Feb 04
CC

Bigkoko

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by swaggerjack: 9:03am On Feb 05
cc
blacknp
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by kanupapilo: 3:36pm On Feb 12
10ko:
mohammed safiu Oyedele
why did you and your father Ishola raped your nephew and mother Musili ?
confess now because I have your pictures and videos
Find God
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by swaggerjack: 9:15am On Feb 15
ayokellany:

Tribalist.

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by Lifestone(m): 9:24am On Feb 15
maestroferddi:
People like you are cancerous to the emancipation of this country from economic and political principalities...

Why is Nigeria condemned as a shit hole while a country like US is destined to infinitely remain at the top?

The answer is because of the people and institution.

I don't know how old you are....

Less than 20 years ago, Bill Gates was at the height of his powers as the wealthiest man on the planet.

His signature company Microsoft was ubiquitous. It was spreading everywhere and gradually creating a virtual monopoly.

In a country where humans use their brain to reason both constructively and productively, an Anti-Trust suit was instituted to challenge Bill Gates attempt to emasculate or even eliminate competition...

Of course Bill Gates fought back by assembling some of the smartest lawyers in the land to have his way BUT the judiciary is incorruptible and uncompromising...

At the end of the day, a legislation was passed regulating the business practises of mega corporation to ensure that they do not stifle competition.

Today, Bill Gates is still one of the richest in the world but SMART THINKING and objectivity has helped spawn the likes of George Bezos and Elon Musk who are even wealthier than Gates...

You sow a wind and turn to complain when the whirlwind starts ...

So what have you said with all this your ranting?
Dangote was born rich, he's smart and grew his businesses, so what's your problem with that. You guys simply hate successful people, yet you pray on daily basis to be successful.
Is it Dangote that says Elephant Cement should not be able to compete, did he asked Northern Cement company not to capitalize and grow to compete, the guy is simply smarter than most of his competitors, only BUA is giving him a good run, incidentally another Hausa man. All we do here in the south is to run our mouth
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by maestroferddi: 10:12am On Feb 15
Lifestone:

So what have you said with all this your ranting?
Dangote was born rich, he's smart and grew his businesses, so what's your problem with that. You guys simply hate successful people, yet you pray on daily basis to be successful.
Is it Dangote that says Elephant Cement should not be able to compete, did he asked Northern Cement company not to capitalize and grow to compete, the guy is simply smarter than most of his competitors, only BUA is giving him a good run, incidentally another Hausa man. All we do here in the south is to run our mouth
You are advertising your naivety and denseness for all to see in the name of sounding childishly woke...

Google "Antitrust Law " and come back and thank me for spoon-feeding you on critical thinking...

You are carping bull because you probably have no practical experience in running or managing a business...
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by kanupapilo: 11:28am On Feb 18
maestroferddi:
You are advertising your naivety and denseness for all to see in the name of sounding childishly woke...

Google "Antitrust Law " and come back and thank me for spoon-feeding you on critical thinking...

You are carping bull because you probably have no practical experience in running or managing a business...
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by kanupapilo: 1:30am On Jul 28
Christistruth03:
Oba Sikiru Adetona of Ijebu already revealed in his book that he Confronted Obasanjo that he was reliably informed that Dangote was fronting Dangote Cement (formerly Obajana Cement) for Obasanjo and Babangida

Oba Adetona also revealed that Atiku as Vice president sold Nigeria's most profitable FG businesses to himself at 5% of their real value and even paid for the 5% value with looted Government funds
E choke cry
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by kanupapilo: 1:41am On Jul 28
Ogene001:

cry
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by naijaking1: 2:10am On Jul 28
Basic123:
I can bet will my balls that ,the opener of this thread is BIAFRAN TERRORIST.

I am too sure!

One a glory doesn't belong to them,they will demonize and ridicule it

Wow!
Very interesting to see how this topic was switched to Igbo bashing!
Igbos have been dealt with by Dangote and his Fulani supporters a long time ago, and they have moved on. This Malta issue is clearly between a criminally minded president, his blind tribal supporters, and Dangote who's not going to loose his refinery to OANDO without a fight.
We will sit back, sip wine and watch the fight.
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by kanupapilo: 2:25am On Jul 28
naijaking1:

Wow!
Very interesting to see how this topic was switched to Igbo bashing!
Igbos have been dealt with by Dangote and his Fulani supporters a long time ago, and they have moved on. This Malta issue is clearly between a criminally minded president, his blind tribal supporters, and Dangote who's not going to loose his refinery to OANDO without a fight.
We will sit back, sip wine and watch the fight.
Fight that has zero benefit to the average Nigeria between two state capture monopolists. The Lagos template has been implemented at federal level and Dangote is seeing Shege.

Dangote always benefited from waivers, discount foreign exchange from CBN through Emefiele and import rights from past military and civilian governments. He underestimated the greed of the Lagos landlord that wants to own everything.
Re: Wikileaks & Forbes: Military & Civilians Leaders Responsible For Dangote Wealth by naijaking1: 2:31am On Jul 28
kanupapilo:

Fight that has zero benefit to the average Nigeria between two state capture monopolists. The Lagos template has been implemented at federal level and Dangote is seeing Shege.

Dangote always benefited from waivers, discount foreign exchange from CBN through Emefiele and import rights from past military and civilian governments. He underestimated the greed of the Lagos landlord that wants to own everything.

Haaaaah!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa Declares Two Weeks Sit At Home In Lagos / Abdulmutallab Returns To Court ! / A Foreign Biker's Ordeal On Naija Roads. Is Naija Really Hell On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.