Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,696 members, 7,889,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:19 AM

Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay (4974 Views)

I Need Help From "Justwise" / Uk Visit Visa Refused,plss I Need Help / U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by jenny2007(f): 3:04pm On Sep 28, 2011
Hello house,
I applied for a tiurist visa on the 26th of August 2011 and still have not gotten a feedback from the UK embassy. I went to the VFS last week thursday to find out the reason for the delay and was told that it is a general problem with applications sent to the High Commission in abuja. How true is this? I have already missed my appointment in the UK and my leave period is almost coming to end. meanwhile, i emailed the same VFS at few days ago and was told that that the "application is still undergoing verification at the visa section of the high embassy"    . hOw long does this whole process take. its really frustrating.
pls who else is experiencing the same delay. Justwise where are you when i need your advise?
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by Vicjustice: 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2011
jenny2007:

Hello house,
I applied for a tiurist visa on the 26th of August 2011 and still have not gotten a feedback from the UK embassy. I went to the VFS last week thursday to find out the reason for the delay and was told that it is a general problem with applications sent to the High Commission in abuja. How true is this? I have already missed my appointment in the UK and my leave period is almost coming to end. meanwhile, i emailed the same VFS at few days ago and was told that that the "application is still undergoing verification at the visa section of the high embassy" . hOw long does this whole process take. its really frustrating.
pls who else is experiencing the same delay. Justwise where are you when i need your advise?
Unfortunately, this sort of thing does happen, and as harsh is this may sound, your visa application is highly likely to be refused for reason of "Change Of Circumstance", and the explanation would be that the visa sought is for a given period which has likely become invalid as your circumstances have changed. Next time, it is advisable to apply about 3 months prior to your intended use of the visa.
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by Vicjustice: 3:20pm On Sep 28, 2011
Oh, don't mistake me for Justwise, i'm not He cool
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by justwise(m): 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2011
Vicjustice:

Oh, don't mistake me for Justwise, i'm not He cool
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you are in for it, i know many pple will be thinking the same as our IDs look similar.
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by justwise(m): 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2011
jenny2007:

Hello house,
I applied for a tiurist visa on the 26th of August 2011 and still have not gotten a feedback from the UK embassy. I went to the VFS last week thursday to find out the reason for the delay and was told that it is a general problem with applications sent to the High Commission in abuja. How true is this? I have already missed my appointment in the UK and my leave period is almost coming to end. meanwhile, i emailed the same VFS at few days ago and was told that that the "application is still undergoing verification at the visa section of the high embassy"    . hOw long does this whole process take. its really frustrating.

Vicjustice has given you one possible outcome but you can still be issued the visa with the hope that you may use it in future since the delay wasn't necessarily your fault.
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by jenny2007(f): 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2011
@vicjustice, don't worry i know the difference between you and justwise. lol. actually i hope that what you just said wont apply to me by God's Grace because my appointment was for 22nd - 26th of September 2011. i applied way ahead of time on the 26th of august and according to the basic information, the processing time takes 14 working days (even though it is more than that now). Justwise what is your opinion?
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by jenny2007(f): 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2011
thanks @ justwise. i hope so because the delay wasn't my fault.
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by dancewith: 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2011
justwise:

Vicjustice has given you one possible outcome but you can still be issued the visa with the hope that you may use it in future since the delay wasn't necessarily your fault.

This is the correct advice. If you are refused, it won't be because the time you proposed to use the visa has lapsed. Afterall they issue it for 6months minimum

Best of luck
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by Vicjustice: 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2011
jenny2007:

@vicjustice, don't worry i know the difference between you and justwise. lol. actually i hope that what you just said wont apply to me by God's Grace because my appointment was for 22nd - 26th of September 2011. i applied way ahead of time on the 26th  of august and according to the basic information, the processing time takes 14 working days (even though it is more than that now). Justwise what is your opinion?
   Yes, you may be right about the processing time, ie 14 working days. But if you have been following their bulletin, you would see that they advice visa seekers to make their applications early enough to allow them plenty of time to access and process their applications: the 14 working days is for those with straight-forward and easy-to-access applications, some could even take lesser days.
I'm only suggesting my opinions to prepare your heart for a likely scenario, i really do hope my opinions do not come true.

dancewith:

This is the correct advice. If you are refused, it won't be because the time you proposed to use the visa has lapsed. Afterall they issue it for 6months minimum

Best of luck
   If a Visa Officer observe that the purpose of a visa application has expired, or has become invalid, or that there is a change of circumstance whether it is due to their delay or it is due to the applicant's pace, the Visa Officer would have no choice but to refuse the application; this is a protocol: in no circumstance would a visa be issued once the original purpose of the application has become invalid even though the visa would be valid for 6 months
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by jenny2007(f): 10:22am On Sep 29, 2011
hey guys,
i just got an alert late yesterday that the application is ready for collection. God help me pls.
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by justwise(m): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2011
jenny2007:

hey guys,
i just got an alert late yesterday that the application is ready for collection. God help me pls.

Hope its good news
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by Feichi(m): 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2011
@Justwise
I know that this thread belongs to UK visit visa but i just write here so that u can respond to me on time,
I wanna ask a question before i apply for a US visa appointment, Do you have any idea for the documents to be presented at the US Embassy for non-immigrant visa, I also want to know if bank statement will follow, Hearing from u soonest, One Love!!!!
SHALOM!!!!!!
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by justwise(m): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2011
Feichi:

@Justwise
I know that this thread belongs to UK visit visa but i just write here so that u can respond to me on time,
I wanna ask a question before i apply for a US visa appointment, Do you have any idea for the documents to be presented at the US Embassy for non-immigrant visa, I also want to know if bank statement will follow, Hearing from u soonest, One Love!!!!
SHALOM!!!!!!

Visit the US embassy website for the specific visa requirement, if there is anything you are not sure of then come here and ask.
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by omobabaon: 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2011
@jusywise

i very happy the way you respmd to pples comment on these forum.god bless you.pls i m thinkin of travelling to usa but the agent that i want to use said is not possible to travel to usa if ive not travel to any of these advance country be4.pls i just wanna confirm hw true it is.i want to go there for a visit.pls help me.
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by justwise(m): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2011
omobaba_on:

@jusywise

i very happy the way you respmd to pples comment on these forum.god bless you.pls i m thinkin of travelling to usa but the agent that i want to use said is not possible to travel to usa if ive not travel to any of these advance country be4.pls i just wanna confirm hw true it is.i want to go there for a visit.pls help me.

Don't listen to that agent, if you met the requirements and have reasonable reason (s) to visit US, ur application will be considered purely on that.
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by Vicjustice: 8:30am On Oct 04, 2011
The last we heard from Jenny2007 was:
jenny2007:

hey guys,
Re: Justwise: Uk Visit Visa Application Delay by TopAnalyst(m): 6:19pm On Oct 08, 2011
jenny2007:

hey guys,

@jenny2007
Can we share from the outcome of your application please. We are yet to hear from you after your last post.

(1) (Reply)

How Long Is An Air Flight From Nigeria To Singapore? / You Probably Couldn’t Survive In Oymyakon, The World’s Coldest City. / New USA VISA Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.