Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,428 members, 7,901,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:31 AM

You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad (698 Views)

NIMET Predicts 3 Days Of Cloudy Skies, Sunshine In Nigerian Cities / Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities / MORE FROM BBC AFRICA: biafra shutdown cripples Nigerian cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by laiperi: 2:56pm On May 28, 2023
We have been so badly indoctrinated by foreign hype to the point of suffering and smiling. Even in the most desirable jobs we lie to ourselves and others that we live a civilized and beautiful lives abroad. Knowing full well how we are hated on those jobs by privileged colleagues waiting to push out.

Our notion of beauty is in foreign land where we are not only second class citizens devoid of basic rights but our lives can be wasted by anyone without questions asked.

Unless, of course your dire case gain civil rights attention while cameras are capturing your plight. When you instruct your children how to tall to Police, stay out of certain areas, your own life can be taken anytime.

Yet, Africans send us videos of "beautiful and civilized" cities while they walk hours to odd jobs at night lucky to survive gangs and gun attacks.

These are the same people who claim rights, privileges and brag with impunity in African cities they migrate to.

What is wrong with our mumu brain?
Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by BRIMBRAM: 2:57pm On May 28, 2023
I agree with you on this a million times. Every time I travel out, am always in a hurry to come back home, Nigeria. I swear there is ABSOLUTELY no big deal in all this places.
Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by incandescentena: 2:59pm On May 28, 2023
wink Op, i hope you are in Nigeria typing these?!

1 Like

Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by Oloki: 3:01pm On May 28, 2023
I was looking for the list of the cities. Can you mention some of them aside Lagos? And what what qualifies them as being better than abroad .

Mind you, am not into 'japa' syndrome.
Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by LeoDeKing: 3:23pm On May 28, 2023
I have been to Berlin, Frankfurt, Boston, Delhi, Fujaira, Ajman, Addis Ababa and Abuja.

I feel more comfortable and at home in Lagos.

I used to be in a hurry to return especially after about 2 weeks when I start missing Eko.

The only place I was a bit relaxed is Addis Ababa. And unfortunately, my assignment there was less than 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by YouandiAllofus: 4:10pm On May 28, 2023
The obvious truth is that nigeria is a better place to live for the unwilling minds and low in human capital development. There are numerous opportunities in advanced cities if you have the capacity to meet their requirements. I have not being to alot of big cities, but drawing from my experience in atlanta and new york, i can tell that there are alot of opportunities for the technically diverse minds in the ict, manufacturing, logistics and health sector etc.. Your relevance depend on what you can offer.
Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:17pm On May 28, 2023
laiperi:
We have been so badly indoctrinated by foreign hype to the point of suffering and smiling. Even in the most desirable jobs we lie to ourselves and others that we live a civilized and beautiful lives abroad. Knowing full well how we are hated on those jobs by privileged colleagues waiting to push out.

Our notion of beauty is in foreign land where we are not only second class citizens devoid of basic rights but our lives can be wasted by anyone without questions asked.

Unless, of course your dire case gain civil rights attention while cameras are capturing your plight. When you instruct your children how to tall to Police, stay out of certain areas, your own life can be taken anytime.

Yet, Africans send us videos of "beautiful and civilized" cities while they walk hours to odd jobs at night lucky to survive gangs and gun attacks.

These are the same people who claim rights, privileges and brag with impunity in African cities they migrate to.

A) privileged colleagues waiting to push out/up will happen EVERYWHERE in the world, even in Nigeria.
B) you really want to compare these few places in Africa with entire countries in the west? 90% of the west is great to live in (and you dont need to be rich to live there), while about only 10% of Africa is (and you need to be RICH to live there)....see the difference?
C) second class citizen devoid of civil rights?!?!? where?!?!?
D) dont you know that your life as a NIGERIAN can be wasted IN NIGERIA, without questions asked?
E) try to talk recklessly to a cop in Nigeria and see what happens?

IMHO, you should never try to comapre Africa with the west, these are two different worlds, with each having their own greatness and negativities. furthermore, we should never try to look down on people who live in these places.some fail, some succeed, and life goes on...using single instances to generalize about these places aint right.

1 Like

Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by JohnBullMySon: 4:25pm On May 28, 2023
laiperi:

I'll like to respond to this but you first have to be specific with the place abroad you're talking about. I hate it when uninformed people try to spread misinformation.
Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by laiperi: 5:04pm On May 28, 2023
This caught my eye because of a previous discussion with friends.

Let me just say apart from cut throat competitions you have between colleagues everywhere, put discrimination because of color and country of origin even for our children born overseas, on top.

I was so sensitive in Nigeria, I thought a senior mentor and a cousin was trying to get me out of my job. Of course I reported him at home. One of my uncle laughed at me and told me he was trying to encourage me. This is Nigeria not America!

MrBrownJay1:

A) privileged colleagues waiting to push out/up will happen EVERYWHERE in the world, even in Nigeria.
[

Lagos is overrated. Civilized people avoid Lagos, Abuja and cities like them. Try Ibadan for a civilized city.

Oloki:
I was looking for the list of the cities. Can you mention some of them aside Lagos? And what what qualifies them as being better than abroad .

Mind you, am not into 'japa' syndrome.

Money you do not print that has no gold backing whatever and can only be invested for value outside your country is not civilization.

Building that are "beautiful" to your eyes do not last a decade without maintenance is not civilization.

People and culture of tolerance within and to strangers is civilization.

Growing up as children was the best part of our lives without oil money that has turned our land and Youths into abject poverty.

Abroad is not civilization.
Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 3:36am On May 29, 2023
The first four posters are Agbadorians. Take their posts with a pinch of salt.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by Highlife217: 3:39am On May 29, 2023
Nigeria is shyt, if you have the means to leave do it!
Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by ecolime(m): 3:45am On May 29, 2023
I am in Naija and I have decided not to migrate because this country is working for me. I have the ways and means to relocate without breaking a sweat. My cash cow is here, also Naija affords me a cheaper cost of living.

But, will I advise people not to travel out just because Naija is working for me? NO. That would be selfish and infact wicked of me.

OP: It's pointless trying to dissuade people from seeking happiness elsewhere. Most JAPARIANS that I know were doing great financially in Nigeria but they relocated for PEACE OF MIND. It might interest you to know that the investment profits and rents some of them collect in Naija is more than enough to sustain them in their new abode. For some, it's just an opportunity to gain second passports for their children and their next generation. Who no want better thing?

Y'all should stop creating endless threads to dissuade intending migrants. We staying in Naija should enjoy the benefit and consequences of living in a 3rd world. Those wey JAPA too should enjoy the benefit and suffering associated with 1st world. Simple!

To each his own.
Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by inoki247: 4:12am On May 29, 2023
Lol....

When you talk now all this Japa ambassador will say you're trying to discourage other's....

If Japa is what will work for you fine nobody's stopping you buh u now getting dere and start to talk Jargons on SM den your brain is paining u...

The first time I left the Country was for Cairo almost everything derr was cheap even hotels at least they've something we can ever call development buh after spending 2weeks I start to get tired.

After then been to different country is still the same feeling get tired easily I can't be living where I have to pay rent every month if I miss work for a week it will tell on my rent and bill...

If you like say I'm lazy that's why I can't live in those countries buh all I know's we all av different goal to life some just want to av a bungalow, a Peaceful life maybe one or two cars while some wants to build a Mansion or an Estate with Alot of cars...

The Japa thing sef is just a Noise in UK Nigerians dere are not up to 1million I'm talking about the legal one nd for every 5 Nigerians trying to leave 50 people are in the country that don't even av an y tought of leaving....
Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by Mindlog: 5:13am On May 29, 2023
Name 5 Nigerian cities that I can live in ND have access to 24hrs electricity and water (without having to own a generator or a water borehole)

Name 5 Nigerian cities that I can live in and can call up ambulance anytime of the day, should emergency arise?

Name 5 Nigerian cities that each of neighbourhoods is dedicatedly planned with parks, children go to have fun and burn energy?

Name 5 Nigerian cities with top notch waste collection system?

Name 5 Nigerian cities you can go for a run as early as 5a.m and don't fear being kidnapped nor harrased by the Police?
Re: You Can Live Better In Many Nigerian Cities Than Abroad by NaijaCowFarm: 5:26am On May 29, 2023
OP and co-travellers please, stop deceiving yourselves. Your presidents and leaders buy houses abroad, their children school abroad, their wives vacation abroad, they take medical leave abroad. You that have no light, no education, no job, your naira is 1/920 of £, your streets are dirty, your water is from sewage mixed borehole, your food are polluted by untrained, uncontrolled process and mama put that cannot serve dog food. Your roads are filled with potholes and you are 90% prone to kidnapping and possibly death. A Nigerian living in Nigeria has about 48 years life expectancy. In fact majority of Nigerians are not living, have no life, rather you are merely existing.
Please, travel out of your supposed comfort zone. See the world differently, you are merely existing. Stop deceiving yourselves.

Anyway, I do not blame you guys, afterall, I thought so myself before. Truth is that most people who come online to condemn japaing are too poor to afford it or do not have the qualification to prop them. It is not easy to make it out of Nigeria, except you are loaded or your brains can earn you a scholarship. Relocation no be beans.

(1) (Reply)

Show Your Fuel Gauge Challenge / Tinubu Initiated Moves To Make Cheaper Fuel Available For Nigerians - Mele Kyari / Fuel Subsidy Removal: How Are You Struggling To Maintain The 3 Meal A Day Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.