Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,357 members, 7,950,751 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

Why Does This Keep Happening To Me? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Does This Keep Happening To Me? (435 Views)

Why Does Linking My NIN To My Line Always Failed. / A True-life Story Happening To A 23-year-old Boy At The Moment / HAPPENING NOW: Fire Outbreak Rocks UBA House In Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does This Keep Happening To Me? by AlKhawarism: 3:03pm On May 28, 2023
I'm a young man in my mid twenties. I used to be very quiet and spend most of my time alone while growing up because I don't have friends. I was always the one looking for friends and the one always seeking to be accepted but in the end, i get none. People who we left primary school together for the same secondary school would come together to form joint ventures, go out, buy clothes together and all during our last day in secondary school but I was sidelined and never knew about it till the day. I was dying of loneliness everyday but I kept everything to myself.

Fat forward to university days, i vowed to be the best and It was not long before I was among the few first class student in my department and though few people come to me to talk, it never passes the level of academics and once they're able to solve the difficult questions they're dealing with, then it's over until there's another assignment or test or exam question again.

Sometime during my school, i would be angry and really pissed of when I realize the reason someone was talking to me was so i could help them with their academics and immediately that is solved, it's all gone. No sustained relationship, no nothing. But I slowly had to let it go because I was already getting used to being a loner.

I will joke sometime, i will play, and most time, i will be alone and this has followed me out of the university and into my work place.

I decided to not be the loner i used to be by being open, meet people, talk to people outside of my department and all and the results are the same.

Another thing I observed is that people don't take my advice or inputs seriously. They will never do anything if they heard i was the one who suggested it. If i say something, it's always met with either reluctance or nobody accepting it but once someone else says it, then it's the Gold. I once proposed a solution to our supervisor during a meeting and what i was getting were reasons why it won't work and even when I tried explaining why i think it will work, i was getting shut down. And a colleague later said the same thing and the supervisor replied "Fantastic!"

I felt really bad and I don't know what to do. If there's something I'm doing wrong, I'll love to know or if there's an area of improvement, please kindly suggest.

I'm afraid I may not go that far if people do not listen to me and hear me out. Recently, there were case study issues we were resolving in a team and all my suggestions were the same thing I got as answers when I tried using ChatGPT to solve the same case study and still, nobody took my submissions seriously.

What is wrong with me? Where am I getting it wrong?

PS: i don't smoke, drink, or gossip. I don't have mouth or body odor. I don't body shame or broke shame anyone. And i have never been the black sheep who can't keep secret or tell on someone behind their back.
Re: Why Does This Keep Happening To Me? by HeightsKE: 3:15pm On May 28, 2023
Op do you have a girl friend?
Do you self service?
Re: Why Does This Keep Happening To Me? by AlKhawarism: 3:16pm On May 28, 2023
HeightsKE:
Op do you have a girl friend?
Do you self service?

Yes / Yes

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Keep Happening To Me? by taylor89(m): 3:24pm On May 28, 2023
cry
Re: Why Does This Keep Happening To Me? by Visvangel(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2023
Tell yourself daily that you can convince anybody and make them do what is right. It starts with your inner selftalk. And note it when it happened so sometimes so reinforcing that self belief till it happens more of the time.
Re: Why Does This Keep Happening To Me? by HeightsKE: 10:29am On May 31, 2023
AlKhawarism:

Yes / Yes
I'm sure by now you know where the problem is coming from and I can boldly say you don't have a girlfriend.

Self service is spiritual destruction.
It makes you ooze in the spirit. Shame, disgrace, reproach...
If you see yourself in the spirit,you will cry and weep and never even think about SS.

This is God speaking to you: stop SS.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Cyber Security: How To Start A Career In Bug Bounty Hunting / How To Improve Your Marketability For Better Pay / Accounting Software For Apparel And Garment Manufacturing Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.