Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,616 members, 7,951,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:14 PM

2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank (2580 Views)

Lagos State GDP Rises To ₦‎41 Trillion In 5 Years - Trade Commissioner / Throwback: Anambra State GDP Grew By 40% In 2 Years Under Peter Obi / 'COVID-19: Governors Received N1bn Each From Buhari, N1.1bn From World Bank' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by proeast(m): 10:09am On May 29, 2023
okeysoninv:
Imo has highest oil exploitation in the south east. So definitely more GDP for them. Their one of the top gas producers. 5000bpd refinery . This is what is doing the magic.

The biggest gas project in West Africa is currently being developed in Imo State by Seplat. Waltersmith is expanding their refinery to 50,000 capacity to meet up with high demand. Shell is also embarking on their own project.

Also, a huge percentage of Igbo diaspora are investing massively in the property market in Owerri. All these are contributing to the increase in Imo State GDP.

9 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by Ogene001: 10:10am On May 29, 2023
horsepower102:

Even Abia with all the propaganda against it attracted the most FDI after Lagos and Abuja. This is why we need to be careful of the news nairaland is pushing to the front page.
Their propaganda can never affect reality

4 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by proeast(m): 10:14am On May 29, 2023
horsepower102:

The south east is shockingly doing well. The economic data that has been coming out recently is very encouraging.

On nairaland front page, the south east is a war zone but in reality, the south east is experiencing a rapid economic expansion.

Imo, Anambra and Abia states have lots of potentials to do even much better. Now, that they're showing hostility to Igbos in Lagos and some other parts of Nigeria, more influx of investments are expected in the SE region.

8 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by Ogene001: 10:14am On May 29, 2023
okeysoninv:
We are of the same page. In as much as Enugu has a greater land mass than all the South East they couldn't utilize it.
How many plots have you farmed so far? This guy is not serious. The people attitude is what determined what happen in the state not government. Ebonyi love farming, Anambra love trading but you in Enugu love enjoyment. Stop blaming government for everything

2 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by Ogene001: 10:16am On May 29, 2023
proeast:

Imo, Anambra and Abia states have lots of potentials to do even much better. Now, that they're showing hostility to Igbos in Lagos and some other parts of Nigeria, more influx of investments are expected in the SE region.
Nnamdi Kanu reawakening plus their hostility during the election

3 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by horsepower102: 10:17am On May 29, 2023
proeast:

One of the biggest market/ industrial zone construction is going on in Anambra state but they don’t know. It’s being built by Igbo businessmen in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by horsepower102: 10:19am On May 29, 2023
Ogene001:

How many plots have you farmed so far? This guy is not serious. The people attitude is what determined what happen in the state not government. Ebonyi love farming, Anambra love trading but you in Enugu love enjoyment. Stop blaming government for everything

Enugu is actually doing amazing in real estate sector. But they need more economic diversification.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by proeast(m): 10:19am On May 29, 2023
horsepower102:
Imo state has the most impressive growth. Knocking out so many juggernauts.

Also, notice that after Lagos, the next 5 states with the biggest GDP are in SE and SS. Same regions also have the best developmental indices in areas like housing, education, purchasing power, health care urban and rural development etc.

8 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by Ogene001: 10:21am On May 29, 2023
Solsix:

I did not say anything about enugu. Am comparing Anambra and imo
I'm yet to understand his obsession with Enugu

3 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by horsepower102: 10:23am On May 29, 2023
proeast:

Also, notice that after Lagos, the next 5 states with the biggest GDP are in SE and SS. Same regions also have the best developmental indices in areas like housing, education, purchasing power, health care urban and rural development etc.

I am surprised that you are the first to mention this. The SESS region is an economic gold mine outside of Lagos. Igbos need to see the bigger picture and start massive investments in those areas. This is why I am a big fan of Enyimba economic city idea because the conceptualizers of the project stressed the untapped SE/SS market.

5 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by Ogene001: 10:25am On May 29, 2023
PHIPEX:
With all the Unknown gunmen and sit at home nonsense, the 2 states of Anambra and Imo with highest incidence are still doing so well. Thought they said the sit at home has crumbled the Eastern economy?
Brown roof dwellers love propaganda more than reality

4 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by proeast(m): 10:25am On May 29, 2023
horsepower102:

One of the biggest market/ industrial zone construction is going on in Anambra state but they don’t know. It’s being built by Igbo businessmen in Lagos.

Commerce in Lagos is largely controlled by Igbos, especially those from Anambra. I expect them to be more intentional in making Nnewi the hub of vehicle spare parts in Nigeria instead of Ladipo. Ensure that Computer village Ikeja is moved to anywhere around Onitsha. While clothes and shoes will have Aba as hub.

Achieving this might be a little difficult but not impossible. They have unions and they can unanimously agree that containers should be opened in the East and redistributed from there to the rest of Nigeria. Any additional cost will be transferred to the end user.

4 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:26am On May 29, 2023
okeysoninv:
have you been to Anambra before. Imo has highest oil exploitation in South East and gas too. Plus refinery. Anambra oil and gas, more industries. For the past 20yrs no major industry has been citied in Enugu after NB plc, the past governors killed the last striving auto assembly plant, Anammco. ENUGU is dormant no industry, no mining, no agriculture. Shame on ugwuanyi, chime and chimaroke.
There is massive Ceramic industrial complex alone Enugu/Onitsha express road Oji River Enugu state, I doubt if there is any industrial complex in the east with that size,it's still under construction, I guess it's own by Chinese

4 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by Ogene001: 10:29am On May 29, 2023
post=123438582:

There is massive Ceramic industrial complex alone Enugu/Onitsha express road Oji River Enugu state, I doubt if there is any industrial complex in the east with that size,it's still under construction, I guess it's own by Chinese
I have asked about this factory on Enugu thread. It's very huge and work is moving fast. Please get details for us
Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by horsepower102: 10:29am On May 29, 2023
post=123438582:

Impressive. We need more of this for Enugu. I wonder what happened to lion business park.

2 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:31am On May 29, 2023
proeast:

Commerce in Lagos is largely controlled by Igbos, especially those from Anambra. I expect them to be more intentional in making Nnewi the hub of vehicle spare parts in Nigeria instead of Ladipo. Ensure that Computer village Ikeja is moved to anywhere around Onitsha. While clothes and shoes will have Aba as hub.

Achieving this might be a little difficult but not impossible. They have unions and they can unanimously agree that containers should be opened in the East and redistributed from there to the rest of Nigeria. Any additional cost will be transferred to the end user.
, You need to tour round Mgbuka Obosi, Mgbuka is bigger than Ladipo, mind you Anambra auto parts market is not just one location, Mgbuka market is there, Nnewi parts market, New parts Nkpor, Old parts market Nkpor, New tires and they're major importers

3 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by Ogene001: 10:32am On May 29, 2023
horsepower102:

Impressive. We need more of this for Enugu. I wonder what happened to lion business park.
Shebi government has done their part in securing land? Let the guy who has been wailing go there in start a business
Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by horsepower102: 10:35am On May 29, 2023
Ogene001:

Shebi government has done their part in securing land? Let the guy who has been wailing go there in start a business

The government still needs to promote it to attract investors both foreign and local. Unless it will lie dormant. I was on Twitter recently when someone asked if Enugu had a free trade zone. The responses shows that many don’t know about it.

1 Like

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by proeast(m): 10:36am On May 29, 2023
horsepower102:

I am surprised that you are the first to mention this. The SESS region is an economic gold mine outside of Lagos. Igbos need to see the bigger picture and start massive investments in those areas. This is why I am a big fan of Enyimba economic city idea because the conceptualizers of the project stressed the untapped SE/SS market.

SE and SS combined has the biggest purchasing power parity in Nigeria. The two regions also have the biggest market and are in close proximity with cities close to one another. So, I wonder the obsession with Lagos by some of our people.

Enyimba economic city is a great idea and with Alex Otti, it is expected to boom. It's situated in very strategic location between Aba and P.H. it's also within the oil region and is planned from scratch.

Anambra government should also build something like that around the Onisha waterfront. Onitsha has lost a significant number of its elite residents to Asaba and they're currently planning a new city to attract even more. I'm not against Asaba since it's also an Igbo city but Onitsha should have a new city or suburb that is purpose-built.

6 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by horsepower102: 10:40am On May 29, 2023
proeast:

SE and SS combined has the biggest purchasing power parity in Nigeria. The two regions also have the biggest market and are in close proximity with cities close to one another. So, I wonder the obsession with Lagos by some of our people.

Enyimba economic city is a great idea and with Alex Otti, it is expected to boom. It's situated in very strategic location between Aba and P.H. it's also within the oil region and is planned from scratch.

Anambra government should also build something like that around the Onisha waterfront. Onitsha has lost a significant number of its elite residents to Asaba and they're currently planning a new city to attract even more. I'm not against Asaba since it's also an Igbo city but Onitsha should have a new city or suburb that is purpose-built.

Even me from Asaba area want Onitsha to have its own Modern city that will rival Eko Atlantic.

6 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by proeast(m): 10:51am On May 29, 2023
post=123438742:
, You need to tour round Mgbuka Obosi, Mgbuka is bigger than Ladipo, mind you Anambra auto parts market is not just one location, Mgbuka market is there, Nnewi parts market, New parts Nkpor, Old parts market Nkpor, New tires and they're major importers

Okay, nice to know. However, are vehicle parts more readily available and cheaper in Anambra than Lagos? That's the only thing that will make Anambra its hub over Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by forgiveness: 12:20pm On May 29, 2023
PHIPEX:
If other states have a quarter of the federal infrastructure Lagos enjoys and its multiplier effect you will see competition.

Federal investments made Lagos what it is, the sand in Lagos is not different from other South West states, the only difference is the investments which gave it an early monopoly.

Mention the Federal infrastructures Lagos state enjoys that others didn't enjoy?
Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by JaredH: 12:34pm On May 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

GDP is not rich but product and service produce in a year

Yes have you ever been to imo ?money pass around quickly ...plus it's a travel destinations

Niger the dams generate electricity
rubbish
Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by JaredH: 12:38pm On May 29, 2023
Ogene001:

The issue of Anambra vs Oyo has been debated severally, I think this settles it
rubbish

so dry Niger is richer than kano? 😁😁😁

backward anambra richer than oyo?

same anambra I know? 😂😂😂
Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by Solsix(m): 12:42pm On May 29, 2023
okeysoninv:
Imo has highest oil exploitation in the south east. So definitely more GDP for them. Their one of the top gas producers. 5000bpd refinery . This is what is doing the magic.
You said something meaningful. I didn't see it from that angle

1 Like

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by JaredH: 12:47pm On May 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

GDP is not rich but product and service produce in a year

Yes have you ever been to imo ?money pass around quickly ...plus it's a travel destinations

Niger the dams generate electricity
nigga ondo state produces more crude oil than imo... even edo state produces more oil than imo..

there is nothing in imo state...

which travel destination? 😁😁😁

apart from the low star hotels that litter owerri because of the level of prostitution in the state, which tourist attraction dey that village of a state again?
Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by mrvitalis(m): 1:02pm On May 29, 2023
JaredH:
nigga ondo state produces more crude oil than imo... even edo state produces more oil than imo..

there is nothing in imo state...

which travel destination? 😁😁😁

apart from the low star hotels that litter owerri because of the level of prostitution in the state, which tourist attraction dey that village of a state again?
Have you considered gas
There are at least 1000 hotels in imo state that's at least 30,000 rooms ....that's 900,000 rooms on offer per month ...that's that's close to 12 million rooms on offer per year ....

If you haven't been to Owerri then don't talk the standard of. Living , transaction that go on day to day is huge

7 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by JaredH: 1:08pm On May 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

Have you considered gas
There are at least 1000 hotels in imo state that's at least 30,000 rooms ....that's 900,000 rooms on offer per month ...that's that's close to 12 million rooms on offer per year ....

If you haven't been to Owerri then don't talk the standard of. Living , transaction that go on day to day is huge

we are talking of crude oil...

Hotel is not a tourist destination
Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by Ttipsy(f): 1:43pm On May 29, 2023
Walai:
I laugh at those arguing about Imo.
A whole lot is going on silently in that state without making news.
Inland Port, huge oil and gas investments, fast growing hospitalism, state owned airport busier than so called federal airport, thriving refinery etc
I have been in and out of the state for the past 4months now
Nigerian journalists only report unknown gun men news that sells faster.
By the time Imo is done with what is going on,they will be competing with Lagos in GDP
well said! Hope's economic blueprint Is working

2 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by mrvitalis(m): 1:56pm On May 29, 2023
JaredH:
we are talking of crude oil...

Hotel is not a tourist destination
It is for local tourist attractions ,from Delta,Edo, rivers , Abia, akwa ibom , Enugu ,Anambra people flok to Owerri weekends

If u go to Owerri in Friday by 6 pm the hotel room you would get must have something wrong with it

From any hotel room u are loom out the window I can assure u ,you would see 10 hotels more ...all fully booked

GDP is about money that exchanges hand

Owerri has low GDP retaining capacity expect in Real estate ...abia n Anambra have super high retained GDP same with Lagos

Bayelsa,rivers , Abuja Akwa ibom ,Delta all have very low retained gdp

3 Likes

Re: 2022 State GDP Estimates From World Bank by OVB123: 2:10pm On May 29, 2023
Ogene001:

Enugu is investigating in estates which Ebonyi doesn't have, what are you wailing about?
Investing and not investigating. Please correct yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Protest Have Started In Benin City / Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? / Woman Beaten Up By Convoy In Front Of Her Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.