Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,733 members, 7,875,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:00 PM

We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians (503 Views)

Presidential Poll: Why I Defeated You — Tinubu Replies Obi / "Mr. Tinubu, Will You Congratulate The Winner If It Isn't You?" Tinubu:"it's Me" / "Obasanjo Is A Wicked Person That Endorsed A Poison For You" - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by ogododo: 1:17pm On May 29, 2023
President Bola Tinubu has assured Nigerians that his administration will govern on their behalf but never rule over them.

He gave the assurance on Monday in his inaugural speech after he was sworn-in as the 16th President of Nigeria.

According to him, his administration will consult and dialogue but never dictate.

“We shall reach out to all but never put down a single person for holding views contrary to our own

“We are here to further mend and heal this nation, not tear and injure it,” Tinubu stated.

Details Later…
https://leadership.ng/we-shall-govern-not-rule-you-tinubu-tells-nigerians/

Updated

Tinubu said the administration will never pull down a single person for holding a view contrary to the view held by the administration.

Nigeria’s newly inaugurated President Bola Tinubu has said his administration shall never rule over the people.

Tinubu said the administration will never pull down a single person for holding a view contrary to the view held by the administration.

In his inaugural speech, Tinubu said, “Our administration will govern you only on your behalf nut never rule over you.”

“We shall consult and dialogue but never dictate. We shall never pull down a single person for holding views contrary to our own,” he added.

On Sunday, Tinubu asked Nigerians not to pity him over the enormity of the work ahead as the president of the most populated African country because he asked for the job.

Tinubu also expressed confidence that he will live up to the expectations of Nigerians.

He said this on Sunday while speaking during the inauguration dinner and gala night in Abuja.

According to Tinubu, Nigeria is faced with lots of corruption, insecurity and many other problems. He, however, said he didn’t need anyone’s pity because he campaigned for the job and therefore should not give excuses.

“We have corruption, insecurity and many problems confronting us… but don’t pity me. I asked for the job. I campaigned for it. No excuses.

“I will live up to expectation, I promise you.”

https://saharareporters.com/2023/05/29/well-govern-not-rule-or-dictate-well-never-pull-down-anyone-holding-contrary-view-vows

2 Likes

Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by taylor88(m): 1:17pm On May 29, 2023
[img][/img]
Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Mattswaggz: 1:18pm On May 29, 2023
undecided
Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by KingKO22: 1:18pm On May 29, 2023
We have no doubt about your competency and capability

Our hopes are renewed and we shall all testify to the best president on Africa soil

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Dicado: 1:19pm On May 29, 2023
In as much as I believe Buhari had a natural bad luck and Tinubu may try based on the brains in his cabinet, I am a Nigerian, and I know it's very difficult to govern Nigeria with a soft mind. You need to be very hard and a no nonsense person otherwise, you be oyo o!
Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by beerfraud(f): 1:20pm On May 29, 2023
Very presidential

4 Likes

Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by davit: 1:21pm On May 29, 2023
Just the way to go. God bless BAT.

1 Like

Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by ogododo: 1:23pm On May 29, 2023
Anode lamba, I be for everybody, but no be for everybody. Wetin comot for 8 years.
Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Ihateheadslamer: 1:24pm On May 29, 2023
Super story for another 8yrs as usual angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by ogododo: 1:58pm On May 29, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Super story for another 8yrs as usual angry
Abi
Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by lonecatt(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2023
what happens to the slaves that have sworn to be ruled by you grin
Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Racoon(m): 2:19pm On May 29, 2023
Another cycle of lies, deceit, deception and propaganda have started. #Notmypresident

1 Like

Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by Racoon(m): 2:20pm On May 29, 2023
Same Tinubu that said "it is an insult to mention Funke Akindele and Peter Obi's name in his presence"? Same Tinubu that told Nigerians demanding for a change of govt prior to the last elections to "shut up"?
Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by nairavsdollars(f): 2:20pm On May 29, 2023
I want him to free Nnamdi Kanu
Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by ogododo: 4:14pm On May 29, 2023
nairavsdollars:
I want him to free Nnamdi Kanu
Na court.
Re: We Shall Govern, Not Rule You, Tinubu Tells Nigerians by ogododo: 5:05pm On May 29, 2023
Nlfpmod.

(1) (Reply)

Must Watch: New Chairman Of NDIC Cries About The Endemic Corruption In NDIC / Re: Mass Burial Of EndSARS Victims - LASG Responds / Opinion — PEPT Judgement: One Of The Reasons There's No Hope For Obi's Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.