Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,160 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:37 PM

Common Questions During Evangelism: Q1- Is Jesus God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Common Questions During Evangelism: Q1- Is Jesus God? (110 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Common Questions During Evangelism: Q1- Is Jesus God? by topshore(f): 9:40am On May 30, 2023
Scripture Text: John 10:30

Some people say that Jesus Christ was just a person or a great teacher. He was and is a lot more than that, though. The Bible says that Jesus is special because of who He is and what He came to do. During His time on earth, He wasn't just a spiritual person. He was both God's Son (John 3:16) and God (God in a human body, 1 Timothy 3:16). He was both fully human and fully God (Colossians 2:9).

Jesus' Claims

He said that He was God. It might be hard to understand how this could be true, but it's important to remember that God is much bigger and stronger than we can understand. We do know that Jesus said in John 8:58 that He was around before Abraham. He said that He and His Father are the same (John 10:30) and that He is the same as His Father (John 5:17–18).Not only did he say he was God, but he also said he had God's power. (Matthew 25:31–46) He said that he has the power to judge the people. He says he has the power to bring the dead back to life (John 5:25–29) and forgive sins (Mark 2:5-7), which are things only God can do (1 Samuel 2:6; Isaiah 43:25).

Jesus also says in John 14:13–14 and Matthew 28:20 that He has the power to hear prayers and that He will always be with those who follow Him. Jesus is compared to the creator of the world in the New Testament (John 1:3), and in John 16:15, He says, "All that belongs to the Father is mine."

But what's the evidence?

Even if someone says they are something, like Jesus said He was God, that doesn't make it true. What proof is there that He is God? What Jesus does, not just what He says, tells us about who He is. He has left behind a lot of proof that He is God. Some of these pieces of proof are fulfilled prophecies and written accounts of Jesus doing miracles that broke the rules of nature. He also didn't do anything wrong (Hebrews 4:15). No one else has ever done that.But His rising from the dead after dying on the cross was the best proof of all that He was God. No one has ever come back from the dead on their own.Did Jesus ever tell anyone, "I am God?"If someone told you, "I am God," would you believe them? Many people who believe in one God would think the person was blaspheming. Even if Jesus had said, "I am God," in those exact words, many people would not have believed Him or even listened to what He was saying. He didn't say these words, but he did give us reasons to believe this claim.

In Luke 4:8, Jesus says, "The Bible says, 'You must worship and serve only the Lord your God.'" Many times, He said and did things to show that He is the Lord. Jesus, for example, says that He is "the first and the last" (Revelation 1:17; 22:13), which is what God the Father says in Isaiah 44:6. But maybe you are looking for a place in the Bible where Jesus says, "I am God; worship me," in those exact words. If we say that Jesus could only claim to be God by saying that one line, we might also ask where He says, "I am a great teacher, but I am not God," or "I am just a prophet; don't worship me." That's also not what the Bible says.The good news is that Jesus has told us many times that He is God. He has made it clear that He and God the Father are the same (John 10:30), and in John 14:6, He says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Who else but God could say these things?Does this mean that there is more than one god?Even if you believe Jesus is God, that doesn't mean there is more than one god. Followers of Jesus think that there is only one God who has three parts."God has shown Himself to us in three ways: as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit," Billy Graham once said. Each one does something different, but they all work together as one God."Let me show you what I mean. Have you ever thought about how some things we see are both three and one at the same time? St. Patrick taught the Irish about this many centuries ago by showing them a clover leaf, which has three leaves but is still only one leaf. Or consider water. It doesn't matter if a quart of water is ice, water, or steam—it's still a quart of water."

Heaven is real, and there's only one way to get there—one way to be free of your sin and have a connection with God. This is because of Jesus Christ.

If Jesus is God's Son, how can He be God?

Does the fact that Jesus is God's son mean that God had a wife?God's never been married. Jesus' status as God's Son is evident from the title. Jesus, unlike us, did not have two parents on earth. Instead, he was miraculously born to a woman who had never been pregnant. He was born holy and sinless. Even Jesus' mother, Mary, asked, "How will this happen?" (Luke 1:34), but God is all-powerful and made a way for the holy Jesus to be born as a person. In Matthew 1:20, an angel tells Joseph, who is engaged to Mary, that what she is carrying "is from the Holy Spirit." God and Mary did not have a sexual relationship that led to the birth of Jesus. Instead, God performed a miracle through the Holy Spirit that led to the birth of Jesus. Jesus was fully God and fully human at the same time.Luke, a doctor, wrote the most detailed gospel account of the birth of Jesus without a father. This is also important. Luke knew that a baby being born without a father was impossible, but after doing a lot of study, he came to the conclusion that it was true. The same God who had enough power to make the universe also had enough power to bring Jesus into the world without a human father. His birth was a miracle, which is just one more sign that He is God.What's the point of knowing who Jesus is?

Heaven is real, and there's only one way to get there—one way to be free of your sin and have a connection with God. This is because of Jesus Christ. Acts 4:12 says, "No one else can save you, because there is no other name under heaven by which you can be saved." You must trust in Jesus if you want to live forever in heaven. This is why: We all sin, which means that none of us measure up to God's perfect ideal. Romans 6:23 says that because of sin, people die. That means being cut off from God forever. But because Jesus never did anything wrong in His life, His death on the cross was the best way to pay for our sins. Because He overcame death by rising from the dead, we can have Eternal Life with God if we believe in Him.

Want to believe in Jesus?

After His death and resurrection, hundreds of people saw the risen Christ and believed in Him. Over the past 2,000 years, millions of people have learned that only Jesus can satisfy the deepest desires and wants of the human heart. Colossians 2:3 says that "all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Christ."What the Bible says about Him—can we trust it? We have a lot of reasons to think that the Bible is true, and many people find that God speaks to them when they read it—maybe not audibly, but through His words.Even though the Bible is written in many different ways, the main lesson is always the same: God loves us and gives us eternal life for free if we accept Jesus as our Saviour. There are different versions of the Bible to help different people understand it, but the main teachings and the person of Jesus Christ stay the same.Read the Bible's book of John if you want to know more about Jesus or what the Bible says about Him. It's a great starting point.

Also see https://goingfarther.net/common-questions.

God bless you.

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer:
"Lord Jesus, I come before You now; I acknowledge that I am a sinner; I repent from all my sins; I believe and accept You today as my Lord and personal Saviour; I confess that You are the Son of God; come into my life and take control. I say bye-bye to the devil, and I enter the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus; in Jesus' mighty name, I pray, amen!

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Completing The New Testament In A Year (day156) / Cock-a-doodle-doo! / (3). Dreams Of Your Future Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.