Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,992 members, 7,946,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 04:12 PM

I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career (16428 Views)

I Made A Huge Mistake That Almost Cost Me My Job. / Deleted FRSC Account By Mistake / Fastrack Your Professional Career In It At Southgate-datanet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Dikaveli(m): 12:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
Quit
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by MemoriesAndMe: 12:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
I believe almost everyone will agree with you on this. Making a career switch is actually a huge decision one has to carefully think about.

I once worked for one multi-national firm as an FTE for over 3 years, suddenly another multi-national offered me a similar role on the basis of contract to hire as the team lead on an ongoing project.

I resigned from the former and joined the new one. The cultures were totally different, but I thrived. I was supposed to work there as a contractor for a year and be converted to an FTE afterwards.

Me and my team ended up working for 8 months and suddenly a huge twist occurred. Management made decisions to cancel the contract and let all the contractors go. Suddenly, we were all out of work.

I reached out to my former firm cos I served them really well and my efforts were appreciated, but it was too late. It took about another 6 months of job hunting to find another gig.
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Sevenworldpower(m): 12:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
Dshocker:
Salary earners are slaves 🤣

Hamachi stop disturbing us with your wrong career move and start a business today, in other to liberate yourself from bondage 👌
Who are the masters? Self- employment is not for everyone.
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by erai30(m): 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
You work you will die, you nor work you will die, you poor you will die, you nor poor you will also die. Why all these hustle and bustle, at the end of the day some people will still call some people old and new cat grin
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by kenearth50(m): 12:58pm On Jun 12, 2023
Dshocker:

Hamachi stop disturbing us with your wrong career move and start a business today, in other to liberate yourself from bondage 👌

At the underlined, we all know about that.
At the bolded, someone has to have a capital before starting a business 😣
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Brownshoe: 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2023
toluleke:
Hmm I am about to quit a government job for a private firm. I want career growth actually. The mediocrity in government job is way too high and they are always routine job. I know I am not making a mistake.
hmm, #singing"" it's about to go down low
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Healthquest: 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
Angelfrost:

If you are waiting for a smooth or perfect transition to another career or organization, then you might as well just remain in that place!

Even if you do proper and thorough due diligence, the transition will still come with attendant pains, setbacks, and some regrets!

This is why some people have refused to move up in life! The nagging fear of the unknown or of the New World!

This is also why a lot of Nigerian workers remain in the Federal or state civil service all their youth and adult lives, then retire without fulfilling their life goals! Fear of starting back at one! The same thing plays out in the private sector or practice!
He's leaving the country.
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Angelfrost(m): 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
Healthquest:
He's leaving the country.

Okay... That validates my point! Leaving the country is a TRANSITION!

If he has done his due diligence, and he is sure of that move, then he will succeed!

I wish him well!
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by being(m): 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
kenearth50:

At the underlined, we all know about that.
At the bolded, someone has to have a capital before starting a business 😣
No you don't! There are salary earners with N100M per annum pay and their successful business owners with profit less than N15M per annum. And there are also struggling businesses and risks associated with business!

Point is if you have a far higher POTENTIAL as a job holder than as an enterprise owner, go for it!!!

And just by logical reasoning, there are fewer opportunities for successful enterprise ownership than for jobs

1 Like

Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Rhozabeth(m): 1:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
This is an excellent write up of truth and experience! To say the least, I had a similar experience in my career which has placed me on a wring path in d last few years and trying to get back to the right path after that erroneous decision has been very very difficult to say the least! Also, I have kearnt my lessons and I know better now which is my guide now to making better decisions in future. However, in my case correcting that mistake is providing very difficult and to be honest, i would want to say I am stuck at the moment but I am not hopeless.
So I understand personally all that the op has said and I have also learnt from u!
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Shikena(m): 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hhansome:
🙌

Dedicated to all the Nigerian youth. We are not lazy.
grin
Let's face reality, many of our youths are lazy and you only need to look around you. That lazy youth term was directed at those.
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Josbreed: 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
I did the same mistake, and I am regretting it profusely.
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
Dshocker:

Some salary earners do better than business owners. Owning a business can be slavery too.

1 Like

Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Hamachi(f): 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
undecided
Dshocker:

Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by SisterAnn(f): 6:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
[quote author=Hamachi post=123480793][/quote]

You would have done better to tell us your field and some specifics about the new encounter.

1 Like

Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by SisterAnn(f): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2023
Dshocker:

You are one of the emergency motivational speaker destroying destinies with your unrealistic expectations. Is everyone going to be in business?

1 Like

Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Hamachi(f): 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
shocked
SisterAnn:

You would have done better to tell us your field and some specifics about the new encounter.
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by SisterAnn(f): 6:52pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hamachi:
shocked
Of course.
There were no specifics, so no lesson learned by your readers from your experience.

I went from the banking industry to the manufacturing sector, the culture there was very different.

In the bank, there was so much pretense and hypocrisy and everyone forming good guy.
But in the other place, even your boss go collect your babe during hangout if you don't hold her well.

During bank hang out, if you drink alcohol, you are viewed one kind one kind. But in the later place, if you refuse to loosen up during hangouts, you would adjudged a misfit.

1 Like

Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Hamachi(f): 7:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
SisterAnn:
Of course.
There were no specifics, so no lesson learned by your readers from your experience.

I was went from the banking industry to the manufacturing sector, the culture there was very different.

In the bank, there was so much pretense and hypocrisy and everyone forming good guy.
But in the other place, even your boss go collect your babe during hangout if you don't hold her well.

During bank hang out, if you drink alcohol, you are viewed one kind one kind. But in the later place, if you refuse to loosen up during hangouts, you would adjudged a misfit.
I get the point.
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by SisterAnn(f): 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hamachi:
I get the point.
So give us specifics so we can benefit from your experience.
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by darealez(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
[quote author=Hamachi post=123480793][/quote] I resigned as an intermediate software engineer from a Fintech company. Least to say I was offered promotion and salary increment.. I honestly just wanted to start a business and crypto was cruising then.
I resigned, but unfortunately fell ill after 2months! Everything lost balance from there.

Couldn't give everything the vibe I planned. The major project I had in mind also crashed, and crypto crashed as well!

I lost business deals, lost investments and this is me here still smiling and hoping all will be well.., as I look into starting a new biz soon!!

Glory to God we don't look like what we've been through.

1 Like

Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Peterpiper2020: 10:58am On Jun 13, 2023
toluleke:
Hmm I am about to quit a government job for a private firm. I want career growth actually. The mediocrity in government job is way too high and they are always routine job. I know I am not making a mistake.
please connect me to the job you intend leaving. I'm a lawyer
Re: I Made This Huge Mistake In The Sixth Year Of My Professional Career by Hamachi(f): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2023
darealez:
I resigned as an intermediate software engineer from a Fintech company. Least to say I was offered promotion and salary increment.. I honestly just wanted to start a business and crypto was cruising then.
I resigned, but unfortunately fell ill after 2months! Everything lost balance from there.

Couldn't give everything the vibe I planned. The major project I had in mind also crashed, and crypto crashed as well!

I lost business deals, lost investments and this is me here still smiling and hoping all will be well.., as I look into starting a new biz soon!!

Glory to God we don't look like what we've been through.
Congratulations

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Your Dream Job In Nigeria: 10 Powerful Tips / N-power Batch C Shortlist: How To Fix "Blank Verification Page" Issue / Want To Work At Ecowas Headquarters In Abuja? Check This Up

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.