Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,454 members, 7,917,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:43 AM

Anybody Using Starcomms 2 Browse ? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Anybody Using Starcomms 2 Browse ? (740 Views)

Anybody Using Wifi.com.ng? / Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody Using Starcomms 2 Browse ? by easy4beno(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2007
I started using my Starcomms to browse barely 1 week now, and since then I have been attacked by different viruses, today i scanned about 1200 viruses, so i decided to format, after i finished formatting and connected Starcomms again by antivirus started popping virus alert and all of that, i called their customer care and they were tellin me one kind story like that, i don't know if it is a general problem with starcomms or i should change to multilinks or its my antivirus that is not ok, someone pls me, im using norton systemworks 2003, updated today,
Ben,
Re: Anybody Using Starcomms 2 Browse ? by Maleeq(m): 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2007
1200 viruses shocked
Sounds like your system is a "Viral Paradise" grin

Two things first:
- What antivirus program are you running? I hope it aint the numerous free ones you get on the internet?
- Do you get the pop ups once you connect to the internet? If yes, then my friend, that antivirus program(I dont need to know the name anymore to tell) it the VIRUS itself!!! There are some malwares that are advertised as AVPs for free only for you to install it and then, they send all sort of information. . .personal informations to whoever on the other side of the world! (or next door grin)

Advice, get a REAL AVP. Symantec, Kaspersky, Avast should do just fine.
Re: Anybody Using Starcomms 2 Browse ? by ooe1: 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2007
I have used starcomms for 3 months now but havn't experienced such. My system is protected by symatec anti virus. Kaspersky is also a very good one.
Re: Anybody Using Starcomms 2 Browse ? by adrian5(m): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2007
I use starcomm too. I think u should ensure that ur connection is fire walled, get a good anti virus like Norton system works, and lastly if u do go to Indecency sites, STOP angry. They are laden with viruses
Re: Anybody Using Starcomms 2 Browse ? by Saddam: 9:55am On Sep 12, 2007
@easy4beno I suggest u acquire this Broadband and See the Value for ur Money

Re: Anybody Using Starcomms 2 Browse ? by easy4beno(m): 4:42am On Sep 17, 2007
Hey pple, i thank you all for your opinions, my computer is now fully protected, as i now use updates AVG antivirus and AVG Antispyware instead of that yeye Norton Systemworks.

(1) (Reply)

Hp Dv9565ea For Sell @ 225k(neg.) / Help My Computer Has A Problem! / Vacancies For Web Site Designers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.