Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,525 members, 7,932,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 11:03 AM

NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement (70120 Views)

NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development / EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement / Alex Badeh's Assassination: Airforce Releases Statement On Death Of Ex Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:40pm On May 31, 2023
Which kind statement or advert be this? You are adjusting or increasing a product without stating the new figure or amount.....
This country too sweet ooo

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by alizma: 3:40pm On May 31, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
If it were Peter Obi, am sure he will remove the subsidy without pain.
You are far from reality. Peter Obi is not going to perform miracle. There is nobody that will remove the subsidy with Nigerians feeling the pain, that is why different government had failed in their attempt but this time around, you can join me to say oti lo
Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Bishop4real: 3:40pm On May 31, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
I don't support peter obi, but you can not expressly quantify what immediately he is referring to

You know why?

He said he was going to make sure there are efforts to cushion the effect which can't happen in the first day like tinubu

Tinubu goofed just rest

Efforts like what & what? Why do you guys love believing open ended statements that's neither here nor there? APC & B's led administration started subsidy removal in phases & June 2023 was marked as the implementation of the final phase as was reflected in 2023 budget. Tinubu merely acknowledged & echoed that fact. Palliatives are somewhat on ground already: railways, good roads, Dangote refinery, BUA & PH refineries, modular refineries etc. Plus the fact that most states are now paying workers as & at when due. What would have Obi done differently as his own way of ameliorating the attendant hardship subsidy removal brings
Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Angelfrost(m): 3:41pm On May 31, 2023
Rayban25:

My guy you sabi jare...tinubu na the best president ever!! cheesy

Simple and common sense cushioning policies or plans before such action include:

1. Widespread availability of stable electricity supply to reduce fuel consumption in generators.

2. Reduction of work days of civil servants to cut transportation expenses.

3. Provision of regulated government buses for commuters to mitigate fares.

4. Increased salaries and allowances to mitigate inevitable rise in prices of food items.

5. Dangote refinery functioning at full capacity to ensure full availability and minimize hoarding.

6. Opening the door for investment in the downstream sector through humane policies to increase competition and finally make fuel prices competitive.

...But, what do I know!!!

Everything is about making announcements to these charlatans! No proper planning or consultation or even sensitization!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by kioski: 3:41pm On May 31, 2023
This is definitely the cabal at work because the mere mention of the end of subsidy does not immediately translate into increase in pump price. So, is our strategic reserve not up to one month? How about the commencement of operations of Dangote refinery? Why don't these lazy thieves run a business the way they should and stop stealing from the people in the name of subsidy. Who knows, today's government may be deliberate in the mistake of announcing what's not necessary!

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by prizeless(m): 3:41pm On May 31, 2023
Breaking News: All Tinubus supporters and APC are exempted from the price increase. Congratulations to all who belong to this group

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by muykem: 3:41pm On May 31, 2023
sotall:
undecided

So NNPC is selling fuel that has been subsidized at a higher rate and they are doing it with their full chest.
You got it wrong. NNPC demand for subsidy after selling. They will not seek for subsidy again.
Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Confirmedzombie: 3:41pm On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:
Abeg watch this video and see Peter Obi say it yourself!

https://twitter.com/Pres_Adebayo/status/1663654854680625155

If you remove 50% Subsidy, are you still not subsidizing 50%?

Don't mind obi supporters, they just follow him blindly.

If he removes 50% subsidy is still there and trillions of naira will be spent.

Even if Obi poo they will believe it does not smell
Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by VeeInsider: 3:43pm On May 31, 2023
Peter Obi is a better man and a better leader!!!

AntiChristian:
There's no way there won't be pain? Forget campaign after election!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by slowice(m): 3:43pm On May 31, 2023
So nnpc is now selling 30 days supply of already subsidized product at market price with audacity.

Urchiins are always quick to blame fuel station owner but none has called out the criminality of nnpc.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by CloudWalker: 3:43pm On May 31, 2023
priceactionx:
so pe otilo
I learnt that this is how many of these fuel cabals operate to cheat the government. Some get access to oil blocks ( but cant refine the crude oils) so they ship it and sell it to their cronies that have a lot of stakes in modular refineries abroad, in which they import it back to nigeria at a subsidized rates being paid by the government. So virtually carrying nigerian crude oil abroad to refine, and sell it far higher than even the supposed money without the subsidy, yet come back, claim subsidies, making moneies in multiple ways, claiming they are multi billionaire , forbes this, forbes that. If you look well, they are same people behind all these forex and dollar manipulations.
My fear is that until i see this new government commisioning modular refineries after maximum, 2 years of this price adjustements in each regions, and selling crude oil at local price in naira directly , simuteneoulsy, to the operators, things may be getting worse. If i remeber, tilumbu said he would wave a lot of taxes for investors that want to be part of oil industries revolutions, so that they get waivers to subsidize the price and improve employments to the citizen if elected, ( cos he himself is an oil expert and know much of the industries) BUT CAN WE Really TRUST POLITICIANS in nigeria? Will they allow him to work? Do we, nigerians have that patience? DONT WE, as a citizens like cutting corners just look at how filling stations sky rockets there price over nights over the stock they have at hand? Drop gas price by 10 naira and you will hear them saying they never see any official letters. It will take them 2 months to adjust.
Same thing should be aplicable to all other sectors especially agriculture region by region ,which i also believe that shetimma is also an expert in that sector and can handle that. Reveolutinize mechanized farming and let the price of basic food fall and avoidable.
I dont know if it is practicable or possible. i just dont know.
Says everything about the hateful soul you are.
Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by VeeInsider: 3:44pm On May 31, 2023
We follow leaders with sense and not just people who copy and paste thinking it'll have the same result.

Confirmedzombie:

Don't mind obi supporters, they just follow him blindly.

If he removes 50% subsidy is still there and trillions of naira will be spent.

Even if Obi poo they will believe it does not smell

1 Like

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Nauttyprof(m): 3:44pm On May 31, 2023
Pickmycall:
God bless tinubu.
God bless federal government of Nigeria.
God bless all tinubu's supporters.
God bless APC.
God bless Nigeria.
SARCASM

Irrespective of your intent, this is what your Obi also intends to do. So, please save yourself from this headache

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by freemanq(m): 3:45pm On May 31, 2023
Nice move but I saw some tax force closing down some filling station for selling above pump price. So who is fooling who?

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Jagaban2012: 3:45pm On May 31, 2023
southsouthking:
Renewed hope😂😂😂

Renewed Shege

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:45pm On May 31, 2023
Pickmycall:
God bless tinubu.
God bless APC.
God bless Nigeria.
SARCASM

Okay
Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Angelfrost(m): 3:45pm On May 31, 2023
Bizibi:
It would have been better it happened 16 years ago....the harsh realities will be real in the next couple of months. If the fg don't address minimum wage or any policy to cushion the effect,it will bite harder and things that should not happen will start happening.

This is why it is not good to play politics on everything.most of them thought they were smart against gej,now we are all in a full circle.

If you know you have money start stacking up your store and freezer because the next hike in prices will be food.i had to buy bag of rice immediately yesterday because I know the price will double by the end of the week.

Stacking and stocking of food stuffs should have been last month sef...!

It's about to get really UGLY!

The coming wave of crime will be astronomical!

I hope the Police and Army are fully prepared?!!

See my comment above on what ought to have been put in place prior to subsidy removal which they chose not to do because they don't ever factor in the plight of the common man!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by NzogbuNzogbu: 3:46pm On May 31, 2023
Bishop4real:

Efforts like what & what? Why do you guys love believing open ended statements that's neither here nor there? APC & B's led administration started subsidy removal in phases & June 2023 was marked as the implementation of the final phase as was reflected in 2023 budget. Tinubu merely acknowledged & echoed that fact. Palliatives are somewhat on ground already: railways, good roads, Dangote refinery, BUA & PH refineries, modular refineries etc. Plus the fact that most states are now paying workers as & at when due. What would have Obi done differently as his own way of ameliorating the attendant hardship subsidy removal brings
Nobody says it wasn't removed before now

The issue is why would tinubu be reechoing panic in the system when he knows people just need an excuse to justify hike.

Again the so called good roads I don't know what planet you reside cos it doesn't exist

Dangote refinery is a private investment that has been on for years

I don't know what obi could have done but he didn't get the benefit of the doubt which tinubu did and has failed woefully

1 Like

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:46pm On May 31, 2023
Jagaban2012:

Renewed Shege
Spicy Shege (Shege marinated with Ghana pepper).

1 Like

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 31, 2023
Angelfrost:

Simple and common sense cushioning policies or plans before such action include:

1. Widespread availability of stable electricity supply to reduce fuel consumption in generators.

2. Reduction of work days of civil servants to cut transportation expenses.

3. Provision of regulated government buses for commuters to mitigate fares.

4. Increased salaries and allowances to mitigate inevitable rise in prices of food items.

5. Dangote refinery functioning at full capacity to ensure full availability and minimize hoarding.

6. Opening the door for investment in the downstream sector through humane policies to increase competition and finally make fuel prices competitive.

...But, what do I know!!!

Everything is about making announcements to these charlatans! No proper planning or consultation or even sensitization!!!

You sef..do you expect a sick old druggie to make rational statements?

They should continue giving him scripts to read and make sure he stays on track...

Person wey drugs don block his anus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by ayo2008: 3:46pm On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:
There's no way there won't be pain? Forget campaign after election!

Why is it that only the masses feel the pain?

Subsidy have been removed on Diesel and kerosene teytey.... what is the positive impact on the citizenry?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Pickmycall: 3:47pm On May 31, 2023
[quote author=Nauttyprof post=123490724][/quote]PO would not have made the pronouncement immediately at the inauguration ground without consulting the relevant stakeholders.
Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Faposky95: 3:48pm On May 31, 2023
priceactionx:
so pe otilo
I learnt that this is how many of these fuel cabals operate to cheat the government. Some get access to oil blocks ( but cant refine the crude oils) so they ship it and sell it to their cronies that have a lot of stakes in modular refineries abroad, in which they import it back to nigeria at a subsidized rates being paid by the government. So virtually carrying nigerian crude oil abroad to refine, and sell it far higher than even the supposed money without the subsidy, yet come back, claim subsidies, making moneies in multiple ways, claiming they are multi billionaire , forbes this, forbes that. If you look well, they are same people behind all these forex and dollar manipulations.
My fear is that until i see this new government commisioning modular refineries after maximum, 2 years of this price adjustements in each regions, and selling crude oil at local price in naira directly , simuteneoulsy, to the operators, things may be getting worse. If i remeber, tilumbu said he would wave a lot of taxes for investors that want to be part of oil industries revolutions, so that they get waivers to subsidize the price and improve employments to the citizen if elected, ( cos he himself is an oil expert and know much of the industries) BUT CAN WE Really TRUST POLITICIANS in nigeria? Will they allow him to work? Do we, nigerians have that patience? DONT WE, as a citizens like cutting corners just look at how filling stations sky rockets there price over nights over the stock they have at hand? Drop gas price by 10 naira and you will hear them saying they never see any official letters. It will take them 2 months to adjust.
Same thing should be aplicable to all other sectors especially agriculture region by region ,which i also believe that shetimma is also an expert in that sector and can handle that. Reveolutinize mechanized farming and let the price of basic food fall and avoidable.
I dont know if it is practicable or possible. i just dont know.

Question : anything gone up doesn't come down, in Nigeria
Inflation.....!!!!!!!!
We may lie about it, but now we don enter

1 Like

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Gbenga4ever1411: 3:48pm On May 31, 2023
Good development..God bless Nigeria
Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 3:49pm On May 31, 2023
Faposky95:

Question : anything gone up doesn't come down
Inflation.....!!!!!!!!
We may lie about it, but now we don enter
It never comes down in Nigeria

Things will never normalize

This is the new normal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by LordAdam16: 3:49pm On May 31, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Effectively allowing independent marketers to sell at ₦600+. Let's wait and see how it unfolds when the reality of the "deregulation" hits.

Yes. Happens with AGO and Kero.

If you want the cheapest rate in your locale, go to a major oil marketer.

The independents will eventually sit up and reduce the spread drastically or the majors will set up new outlets right next to them.

The majors are trying to kill the independents and consolidate the downstream segment. We have very weak anti-trust in Nigeria so any independent that misses the forest for the trees will wither.

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Agadinaagwuofe: 3:51pm On May 31, 2023
Bishop4real:

Bros like seriously! So you mean the bolded are palliatives that will ameliorate the sufferings. You are a joke and I mean it in every sense of it.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by airsaylongcome: 3:51pm On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:
The trillions going for subsidy monthly can't be continued!

I agree. 11years ago, it was probably billions. And would have been easier to remove then. Naira was under ₦210/$. By the end of GEJ's regime in 2015, we would have fully adjusted. And the massive inflow of USD from crude sales and savings from subsidy could have been poured into the electricity sector which is the major reason we "drink" petrol. More powerful currency (compared to now), huge inflow from crude sales and savings from subsidy would have already built infrastructure to completely mitigate the increase in petrol price. We probably would have had better electricity transmission by now that only those who needed to power their vehicles would have been buying petrol. The best time to make any investment would have been then. But now, with a very elevated debt profile (driven by the C-in-C's party) compounded by looting of loans in the past 8 years and suddenly a policy that was rejected years ago suddenly becomes a good move? Are there mitigations in place to dampen the effect of the so-called "deregulation"? Or is what is really happening, a test of Nigerians tolerance so that the current administration can "reduce" the pump price because "they feel the pain of Nigerians"?

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 31, 2023
Prudency045:

Why do you keep thinking one tribe is richer than the other?

There are poor igbos and there are poor yorubas. Same way there are rich igbos and there are rich yorubas.

Let's always make sensible comment devoid of ethnic bigotry.

Very sensible comment. Thank you.
Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Subonbon(m): 3:52pm On May 31, 2023
Pickmycall:
God bless tinubu.
God bless APC.
God bless Nigeria.
What I posted up there are
SARCASM
Una think say I mean am? tongue thunder fire the tinubu wey call himself president....

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Enice(m): 3:53pm On May 31, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
If it were Peter Obi, am sure he will remove the subsidy without pain.
The situation right now is like a girl having the choice of two men. The girl is in love with the first man while she hates the second. Even if the first man cuts her privates, she will have excuses for him and be happy about it. But if the second man just but second her, she will say he is a bad man, the worst in the world. That is the issue between Obi and Tinubu. Both wanted to remove subsidy. If Obi had been the one removing it, most of these shallow mindeds would have spread eagle and be happy about it. But since it is Tinubu doing the removing, they are now wailing like imbeciles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

#endsars: Heavy Security At Aso Rock Gate As Thugs Besiege Eagle Square / Abba Kyari Reinstated, Resumes Work - Demola Of Lagos (Photos) / Gunmen Shoot 7 People Dead In Orogwe, Imo. Display Corpses (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.