Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,765 members, 7,969,246 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:23 PM

What To Do To Eliminate All Evil - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What To Do To Eliminate All Evil (606 Views)

5 Evil Consequences Of Fostering Arrogance / Hirs-o-hawas (whims And Desires) The Root Of All Evil. / Egypt Plans To Eliminate All Pigs In The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do To Eliminate All Evil by AbuHanifa: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2011
Telling the truth is a very good habit. If you always speak the truth, you can save yourself from a lot of trouble! Here is a story of a man who did a lot of bad things, but his promise to tell the truth saved him.

Once a man came to the prophet Muhammad (S) and said, "Oh prophet of Allah, I have many bad habits. Which one of them should I give up first?" The prophet said, "Give up telling lies first and always speak the truth." The man promised to do so and went home.

At night the man was about to go out to steal. Before setting out, he thought for a moment about the promise he made with the prophet. "If tomorrow the prophet asks me where have I been, what shall I say? Shall I say that I went out stealing? No, I cannot say that. But nor can I lie. If I tell the truth, everyone will start hating me and call me a thief. I would be punished for stealing."

So the man decided not to steal that night, and gave up this bad habit.

Next day, he felt like drinking wine, when he was about to do so, he said to himself, "What shall I say to the prophet if he asks me what did I do during the day? I cannot tell a lie, and if I speak the truth people will hate me, because a Muslim is not allowed to drink wine." And so he gave up the idea of drinking wine.

In this way, whenever the man thought of doing something bad, he remembered his promise to tell the truth at all times. One by one, he gave up all his bad habits and became a good Muslim and a very good person.

If you always speak the truth, you can be a good person, a good Muslim whom Allah likes and favors. If Allah - our Creator - is pleased with us, He will reward us with HEAVEN, which is a place of happiness and joy.

MAKE A PROMISE: I SHALL ALWAYS SPEAK THE TRUTH.
Re: What To Do To Eliminate All Evil by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:58pm On Sep 29, 2011
you cannot completely eliminate evil. there is no good without evil.
Re: What To Do To Eliminate All Evil by AbuHanifa: 6:28am On Sep 30, 2011
^^ you got me wrong. Avoidable evil committed by man could be drastically reduced by the above formula. Even if no one would ask what u have done per day, the Lord of th
e worlds will ask on the day of accountability
Re: What To Do To Eliminate All Evil by maclatunji: 9:20am On Sep 30, 2011
The lesson and logic of the story is simple-enough to understand. Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Islam: My Choice / Islam Is The Religion Of Peace, And Boko Haram Is For War? / How To Be A Productive Neighbour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.