Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,124 members, 7,880,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:52 PM

How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia (2042 Views)

A Liter Of Petrol Is N1600 In Ghana , Small Increase And Nigerians Are Wailing / Price Of A Liter Of Gasoline/pms In Select Africa Countries As At May 29, 2023.. / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by melonsgroup: 2:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
Please answers are needed
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by nairalanda1(m): 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2023
melonsgroup:
Please answers are needed

N14 or 14 naira.

However, before you start

1. Libya produces about 5m barrels of crude a day .(Nigeria...1.8 m bpd)

2.Libya's population is not up to 10 million people.(Nigeria, 220 million people).

Assuming oil price is 80 dollars a barrel, Libya would be earning about 400m dollars a day. Divide it by 5million...and each libyan gets 80 dollars.

Nigeria? ..we earn 144million dollara a day, divide it by 220 million and each Nigerian gets 0.65 dollars.

That's why.

Modifed

For all those subsidy geng quoting me

1.Yeah, Libya does 1.8m, but twelve years ago it [i]was[/i]higher

2.Yeah, based on my new calculaiton, every Libyan gets 27.2 dollars compared to the 0.65 we Nigerians all get.

3.Yeah, either way, my point still stands. We cannot afford subsidy. You can scream and shout all we want, and God knows I effing feel angry and pissed off with ALL OUR POLITICAL LEADERS, AND HATE AND AM ANGRY WITH WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO OUR COUNTRY.....BUT THE TRUTH IS WE CANNOT AFFORD THE SUBSIDY ANYMORE. WE JUST CAN'T.

And i wish it was otherwise. I really wish it was. But there is lies.

Good monring. If Obi, Atiku and Tinubu all agree subsidy should go, then it has to go

7 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by Figger(m): 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2023
Fuel is almost free in Libya
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by Igbosareuseless: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2023
Libya has functional refineries.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by nairalanda1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
Igbosareuseless:
Libya has functional refineries.

Because they earn far more than us from their oil, and can afford to keep their refineries functioning, and even pay for massive subsides.

Look, I don't like our government, I think Nigerian governments are all bad, I sure as h**l did not vote for Thiefubu....but comparing Libya to Nigeria is basically like comparing a man with a wife and two children who earns N500000 a month (Libya) with a man with a wife, twelve kids and seven dependents who earns N100000 a month (Nigeria).

If we wanted to be like Libya, we have to earn at least 20 -40 times more than what we earn right now.

We can't be like Libya.
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by SalamRushdie: 2:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

N14 or 14 naira.

2.Libya's population is not up to 10 million people.(Nigeria, 220 million people).

Assuming oil price is 80 dollars a barrel, Libya would be earning about 400m dollars a day. Divide it by 5million...and each libyan gets 80 dollars.

Nigeria? ..we earn 144million dollara a day, divide it by 220 million and each Nigerian gets 0.65 dollars.

That's why.

Oya do for Venezuela
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by nairalanda1(m): 2:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Oya do for Venezuela

LOL...Venezuela is Nigeria on steroids.

Venezuela sells fuel at N2 per liter. Meanwhile their main refinery went from being able to refine 900000 barrels of crude a day some 20 years ago, to 100000 barrels barely.

As at a few years ago, they were losing 18bn dollars a year to petrol smuggling.

Then the problem with Venezuelan crude is its high sulphur content. That means their Petrol has to be sold at a profit because refining sulphurus crude is very expensive (that's why Nigerian crude is sweet...no sulphur.)...but no, it is sold at less than N10.

Venezuela is what happens when you take price controls to extreme measures. And like Nigeria....they don't have the money to pay for it. Libya they ain't.

Venezuela produces 700000 barrels of crude oil a day. That's too low.

Seriously, if you want to subsidise oil from crude earnings, you better have a population less than 20 million, or else....they have 28 million people.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by Igbosareuseless: 3:32pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

Because they earn far more than us from their oil, and can afford to keep their refineries functioning, and even pay for massive subsides.

Look, I don't like our government, I think Nigerian governments are all bad, I sure as h**l did not vote for Thiefubu....but comparing Libya to Nigeria is basically like comparing a man with a wife and two children who earns N500000 a month (Libya) with a man with a wife, twelve kids and seven dependents who earns N100000 a month (Nigeria).

If we wanted to be like Libya, we have to earn at least 20 -40 times more than what we earn right now.

We can't be like Libya.
I agree with you totally
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by AwkaFinest: 7:13pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

N14 or 14 naira.

That's why.

Which kind lie be this?
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by nairalanda1(m): 7:47pm On Jun 01, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Which kind lie be this?

If you like, don't beleive me. It's yer opinion.
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by AwkaFinest: 8:23pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

If you like, don't beleive me. It's yer opinion.

When did Libya start producing 5m bpd of crude? You go just dey lie anyhow.

Libya at its peak produces 1.3m bpd of crude.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by Kukutenla: 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

N14 or 14 naira.

That's why.
Before you started writing your epistle of lies, at least you'll confirm through a simple Google search that Libya produces around 1.7mbpd as opposed to your baseless claim of 5mbpd

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by Brendaniel: 10:14pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

N14 or 14 naira.

That's why.

Oga your lies have been debunked, your theory is largely false in a case like Nigeria, the major problem is corruption, tackle that and even the subsidy will be a blessing, I've known you for a while here, this is not your first moniker, you are the same person as subsidywise and different other monikers you have used before, we have both argued about you claiming Nigerians are not paying enough for electricity and I was letting you know that it was corruption that was also affecting that.

The truth is any government that is not ready to fight corruption while executing any plan, subsidy or not is likely to fail even before starting, removing the subsidy has not removed the corruption in the petroleum sector, they will look for another loophole to still take from the people, it is like knowing a thief lives in the same room with you who steals your money every time, then you try changing the location where you keep the money in your room, so you think the thief will stop at not looking for the new location, he will keep finding it till he sees it, the best option is get rid of the thief and you can drop your money anywhere in your room and have peace of mind.

Removing the subsidy is just changing the location where the same thieves will go and look for the money to eat, there are better ways to have handled this subsidy and not lose a single FX to paying anybody and still make good profit.

This thing is just proper strategy and planning with effective control and most of all fighting corruption...

4 Likes

Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by meolaniyi(m): 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

N14 or 14 naira.

That's why.
get your facts right
Which Libya produces 5mbd?
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by nairalanda1(m): 5:42am On Jun 02, 2023
Brendaniel:

Oga your lies have been debunked, your theory is largely false in a case like Nigeria, the major problem is corruption, tackle that and even the subsidy will be a blessing, I've known you for a while here, this is not your first moniker, you are the same person as subsidywise and different other monikers you have used before, we have both argued about you claiming Nigerians are not paying enough for electricity and I was letting you know that it was corruption that was also affecting that.

The truth is any goverment that is not ready to fight corruption while executing any plan, subsidy or not is likely to fail even before starting, removing the subsidy has not removed the corruption in the petroleum sector, they will look for another loophole to still take from the people, it is like knowing a thief lives in the same room with you who steals your money every time, then you try changing the location where you keep the money in your room, so you think the thief with stop at not looking for the new location, he will keep finding it till he sees it, the best option is get rid of the thief and you can drop your money anywhere in your room and have piece of mind.

Removing the subsidy is just changing the location where the same thieves will go and look for the money to eat, there are better ways to have handled this subsidy and not lose a single FX to paying anybody and still make good profit.

This thing is just proper strategy and planning with effective control and most of all fighting corruption...

Well, we can't keep paying for subsidy.....that is true.

Good morning.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by nairalanda1(m): 5:43am On Jun 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

Before you started writing your epistle of lies, at least you'll confirm through a simple Google search that Libya produces around 1.7mbpd as opposed to your baseless claim of 5mbpd

Yeah, and still has a small population...so my point still stands.
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by nairalanda1(m): 5:44am On Jun 02, 2023
AwkaFinest:

When did Libya state producing 5m bpd of crude? You go just dey lie anyhow.

Libya at its peak produces 1.3m bpd of crude.

And still has a small population relative to its production....so my point still stands.

Sorry mate, but if we keep our subsidy, with a 200million population, we would soon run out of money, and then we would be in serious trobule.

Good morning.

Midifed

The problem is, Libya produces and earns revenue for a smaller population than we do. Comparing Libya to Nigeria is problematic in that sense.

We can't afford the subsidy anymore. If we keep it, we would go broke in the next few years. Seriously broke to the point that we cannot pay salaries, or anything at all.
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by buchiuzor: 6:46am On Jun 02, 2023
If this same analysis stands, then let's compare it to the USA price who produces more than us with higher population and of course their minimum wage. I think if you want us to pay international prices, then pay international wages.

If there is enough money in the hands of the populace, no one will complain. The over bloated Civil Service who has relatives of political office holders just sitting there doing absolutely nothing, replicated agencies, over populated political appointees, over bloated projects that will never be completed yet monies paid in full and of course, an UNPROVEN population of 200m which I think is totally impossible because despite the high turnout in the last election, we didn't get those wonderful figures we used to get....
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by AwkaFinest: 8:40am On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

And still has a small population relative to its production....so my point still stands.

Sorry mate, but if we keep our subsidy, with a 200million population, we would soon run out of money, and then we would be in serious trobule.

Good morning.

Midifed

The problem is, Libya produces and earns revenue for a smaller population than we do. Comparing Libya to Nigeria is problematic in that sense.

We can't afford the subsidy anymore. If we keep it, we would go broke in the next few years. Seriously broke to the point that we cannot pay salaries, or anything at all.

I'm only letting you know that you should stop garnishing your points with lies. You have a great point, but lies won't help.

Nigeria is a broke state looking at our resources compared to our population.

To be frank we have a useless population. An unproductive population.
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by AwkaFinest: 8:41am On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

Good morning.

Midifed

I'm only letting you know that you should stop garnishing your points with lies. You have a great point, but lies won't help.

Nigeria is a broke state, looking at our resources compared to our population.

To be frank we have a useless population. An unproductive population.
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:44am On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

We can't be like Libya.

grin
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by izombie(m): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

We can't be like Libya.
why are some of you always looking for ways to defend failure? Nigerias huge population should never be a burden. China has over 1billion people but things work there. Fact remains that it doesn't matter how many you are in a country but how you do your things. Do things right and things will work. Simple. Nigerians have failed Nigeria.
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by nairalanda1(m): 9:40am On Jun 02, 2023
izombie:
why are some of you always looking for ways to defend failure? Nigerias huge population should never be a burden. China has over 1billion people but things work there. Fact remains that it doesn't matter how many you are in a country but how you do your things. Do things right and things will work. Simple. Nigerians have failed Nigeria.

China exports industrial product

We don't. We are a net importer.
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by Kukutenla: 10:03am On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yeah, and still has a small population...so my point still stands.
Your point is meaningless. Nigeria's economy is five times larger than Libya's. You're simply pulling up numbers to support a flawed logic based on singularity.
Libya used its oil wealth to work for its people while ours was badly mismanaged. That's the bottom line not all this crap you're capping
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by vowiski(m): 10:10am On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

N14 or 14 naira.

That's why.

Modifed

For all those subsidy geng quoting me

1.Yeah, Libya does 1.8m, but twelve years ago it [i]was[/i]higher

2.Yeah, based on my new calculaiton, every Libyan gets 27.2 dollars compared to the 0.65 we Nigerians all get.

3.Yeah, either way, my point still stands. We cannot afford subsidy. You can scream and shout all we want, and God knows I effing feel angry and pissed off with ALL OUR POLITICAL LEADERS, AND HATE AND AM ANGRY WITH WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO OUR COUNTRY.....BUT THE TRUTH IS WE CANNOT AFFORD THE SUBSIDY ANYMORE. WE JUST CAN'T.

And i wish it was otherwise. I really wish it was. But there is lies.

Good monring. If Obi, Atiku and Tinubu all agree subsidy should go, then it has to go

Oga calculator why you no use China or India as example .. Since you want to be smart by half using population…

There is no reason on earthy why Nigerians should pay through their noise for what’s in their backyard .. *spits
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by nairalanda1(m): 10:25am On Jun 02, 2023
vowiski:

Oga calculator why you no use China or India as example .. Since you want to be smart by half using population…

There is no reason on earthy why Nigerians should pay through their noise for what’s in their backyard .. *spits

K. Ruminant.
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by nairalanda1(m): 10:26am On Jun 02, 2023
Kukutenla:

Your point is meaningless. Nigeria's economy is five times larger than Libya's. You're simply pulling up numbers to support a flawed logic based on singularity.
Libya used its oil wealth to work for its people while ours was badly mismanaged. That's the bottom line not all this crap you're capping

Lol. Nigerian economy also has a poor tax to gdp ratio. That's another reason why we can't pay for subsidies.
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by flokii: 10:36am On Jun 02, 2023
Libya is a wealthy nation just like Nigeria with crude oil. Unlike Nigeria, their own citizens and leaders use their God-given talent and brain.to make life easier for their people by fixing their economy, keeping the wealth circulated within their economy.

Libyans are largely contented people, not like greedy Nigerians who want to loot, squander and siphone everything within their reach.

Attimes I question the brand of education we are giving ourselves in this part of the world that has kept us so redundant economic wise.. What is the point having Professors of Economics, Petroleum and Chemical Engineering when basic things can't work? No innovation, no development nothing, just the plenty text books and la cram la pour year in year out.
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by izombie(m): 10:38am On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

China exports industrial product

We don't. We are a net importer.
Subsidy should be removed but not this way. But please stop with all this excuses why things aren't working in Nigeria. Nigeria can also export but noooo, the only thing we know is oil. Everything else can burn.
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by izombie(m): 10:40am On Jun 02, 2023
flokii:
Libya is a wealthy nation just like Nigeria with crude oil. Unlike Nigeria, their own citizens and leaders use their God-given talent and brain.to make life easier for their people by fixing their economy, keeping the wealth circulated within their economy.

Libyans are largely contented people, not like greedy Nigerians who want to loot, squander and siphone everything within their reach.

Attimes I question the brand of education we are giving ourselves in this part of the world that has kept us so redundant economic wise.. What is the point having Professors of Economics, Petroleum and Chemical Engineering when basic things can't work? No innovation, no development nothing, just the plenty text books and la cram la pour year in year out.
Exactly my point bro. Well said
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by nairalanda1(m): 10:41am On Jun 02, 2023
izombie:
Subsidy should be removed but not this way. But please stop with all this excuses why things aren't working in Nigeria. Nigeria can also export but noooo, the only we know is oil. Everything else can burn.

At the end of the day we have to diversify our economy

I am not giving excuses. I am pointing out that we are a poor nation with a oil reliant economy and a population that our oil revenue cannot sustain.

That is why APC has failed. No diversification

I am no gover ment supporter. You misread me
Re: How Much Is A Liter Of Fuel In Lybia by nairalanda1(m): 11:15am On Jun 02, 2023
flokii:

Libya is like Nigeria. The main difference is that Libya has a population of less than 10 million while we have 220 million people. That's why they can afford subsides, fixing refineries and all that, while we cannot.

Libya is also a net importer. They do not make anything or export any industrial product. Oil money has made them lazy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi / I Speak Igbo And I Consider Myself Sokoto Indigene –ibrahim Idris, Kogi Gov / The Immediate Solution To Niger-delta Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.