Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,176 members, 7,880,670 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:53 AM

Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? (53527 Views)

This Big And Long Python Was Killed In My Area (pics) / My Brother Killed This Big Antelope Today (photo) / This Big Bush Meat Could Worth More Than #20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2023
Fish no suppose big like this shocked

###
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by Trophy12: 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
Thats should be around 1 and half year
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by JoeEeL(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
This one go evolve become shark o.

Never knew they can grow to such unbelievable size.
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by DeepSight(m): 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
doggedfighter:

You seem to know about fishes.

You have a pond ?

The bold word has no plural. Even one thousand of them are fish. Not fishes.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by airsaylongcome: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2023
DeepSight:

The bold word has no plural. Even one thousand of them are fish. Not fishes.

Incorrect. If they are different species, then fishes is correct

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by Neddyogu(m): 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2023
Piscine acromegaly. That's one sick fish!
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by 1TrippleCee: 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2023
sylve11:
3 years.

In those days, we trained cat fish in our wells. cool

Ancestor. Na only una get this knowledge. You don try
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by chudez0147(m): 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2023
illicit:
Just let me eat the head

Age is just a number undecided
What's even in the head of cat fish ?? I give mine out after eating the body

6 Likes

Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by Sleekfingers: 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
This one will not be sweet. See how slimy it is though.🤮🤢.

Give me only dry catfish.

Thou shall not eat fish without scales.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by nairalanda1(m): 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

You wash the fish thorughly, and use something called alum to clean it...then it is ready for preparation

In frying it, it may be necessary to bathe it in flour, before frying the thing.
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by victorazy(m): 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2023
Worse fish anybody can think of consuming.

1 Like

Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by deygar: 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2023
That's a hybrid catfish ...
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by gbolswag(m): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2023
2years I guess
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by sallazlee(m): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2023
ahnie:

No pond.but I dey go ponds closer to my home Wella if am chanced dey go buy catfish.

Those thiefs don you do shage,

Am in your shoes bro

Vigilant is the beginning of the wisdom
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by Haakeem(m): 4:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

na your tongue bitter o.
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
ahnie:

No pond.but I dey go ponds closer to my home Wella if am chanced dey go buy catfish.
Meaning you dey disturb one egbon wey dey your area, dey collect him fish.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by Beuberry(f): 4:23pm On Dec 22, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

The head too make sense grin
Either I eat you or the catfish!
Gree worowo jejely or gburugburu?
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by Jewessgratitud3: 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2023
nairalanda1:

You wash the fish thorughly, and use something called alum to clean it...then it is ready for preparation

In frying it, it may be necessary to bathe it in flour, before frying the thing.

The day I watched one woman using hot water to wash it and the way the black slimy substance was just coming off, I disliked the fish the more.

Alum doesn't get all those black color off. Thats where the real slime is.
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by Baselm: 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2023
Six (6) Months
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by jubrilELsudan: 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2023
AS E BE SO NA DIS FISH SWALLOW JONAH SO OOOOOO

1 Like

Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by ceeceeco: 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2023
This catfish shouldn't be more than 36 months & 2 weeks.
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by drimzsmoke(m): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2023
LocalFARMERS:
This Cat Fish is massive. Lets see who can guess the age of this Cat Fish right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EhX_IMM11k

1 year 6 months to 2 years
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by Kaa4(m): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2023
No matter how old it is or becomes, it is the pot of soup that will be its last home.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by ceeceeco: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2023
This catfish shouldn't be more than 34 months old.
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by VIKTO83(m): 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2023
The catfish is up to 3years.
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by Josbreed: 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2023
ahnie:
It's heltro.

The age is what I don't know.
What is heltro? It is Heterobranchus.

1 Like

Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by LoveJesus87(m): 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

You are close. But be specific.
u bred same fish for over 2 years and u no eat am or sell, e don become pet abi shocked shocked
Hope u Don give am name
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by ComeToJesus: 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2023
I stopped eating all these 'cloned' fishes from the fish pond . That original taste of seafood is always absent. You hardly get a whiff of the oil present in fishes.

At best, its like a preparation of Papier mache..

Fish from its natural environment may be expensive but the taste is miles apart from this big head.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by PrimeWatermark: 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2023
ahnie:
This is Claras right?
Abii na heltro.

The age should be 6 months

6months?? Are you serious right now?
That fish you see there shouldn't be less than 5years.

Modified:
The OP said it's 3years. And that's with correct and thorough feeding oo (ad libitum).

1 Like

Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by Error401: 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks for making my day

illicit:
Just let me eat the head

Age is just a number undecided
Re: Can You Guess The Age Of This Big Cat Fish? by airsaylongcome: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Thou shall not eat fish without scales.

Lol! The self deception we engage in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Snake Was Killed And Butchered In Our Generator House Yesterday Night / Nigerian Guy Shows His Cooking Skills: Says "Forget About The Big Boy Things" / What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.