Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,969 members, 7,938,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 02:27 PM

If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' (12189 Views)

Many Relationships Will End Tonight In Nigeria If U Take Away This PHRASE (pics) / 14 Differences Between The Girl You Date And The Woman You Marry / What Is The Biggest Amount You Have Given A Girl You Dated Or Flirted With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by sley4life(m): 6:37pm On Sep 30, 2011
the gal is more interested in money
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2011
Orikinla:

Poster, na typical Naija babe be that chick.
If your guy cannot provide for all her needs, then he should look for another affordable one.
The problem of many Nigerian guys is lusting after babes they cannot afford.

i think you are misunderstanding the point here, there is nothing wrong with a woman having CLASS, but it becomes a joke when every trash/skanks and h0es (from every back alley out there) think they got any CLASS and are to be treated like CLASSY WOMEN out there.
some women DESERVE to be taken care of and others DONT. the minute all women out there think that they deserve the same as any classy ladies then that's where the problem lays.

if a woman jumps danfos every day of her damn life but yet says she wont date a man that hasnt got a "big" car then, i am sorry but such woman is delusional, or suffering from la folie de grandeur(as we say in French).

now if you meet a gal that GOT IT and you want to get with her, then you know that you have to step up your game. the problem is when you meet a gal that has a Nokia 3310 but demands that you buy her a BB; or a gal that wears flip flops all her damn life but demands that you buy her Louboutin shoes; or the ones who have cheap Chinese fake plastic Louis Vuitton but demand that you buy them REAL Gucci/Hermes bags. NONSENSE!!!!

sadly, this "folie de grandeur" must be in our genes because even when you take them to a restaurant, they will order for 12 (like they havent ate in days) and yet not finish it all!
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 30, 2011
Many posts of relationships on nairaland tend to have a similar denominator 'women and demands'. Actually, not all ladies are the same when it comes to making demands. Culture has a lot to do with this. The thing is not to marry a liability - be it a man or a woman. Do not also marry a selfish person - man or woman.

One truth which may be bitter to swallow is that from experience, a high percentage of Nigerian ladies are easily taken at the sight of money.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by pendo89(f): 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2011
ok
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Aringarosa(m): 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2011
divine2043:

Many posts of relationships on nairaland tend to have a similar denominator 'women and demands'. Actually, not all ladies are the same when it comes to making demands. Culture has a lot to do with this. The thing is not to marry a liability - be it a man or a woman. Do not also marry a selfish person - man or woman.

One truth which may be bitter to swallow is that from experience, a high percentage of Nigerian ladies are easily taken at the sight of money.

WELL SAID BRO!
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by lovetosin: 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2011
On a more critical look of this matter from a different perspective, it would be inconceivable for a man to spend on a lady with high unfounded hopes that she'll say yes when he proposes to her! That'll quintessentially be very dumb of such a man! Again, how old is he? Can he truly, and in all conformity say that he is old enough to cater for a lady that he get's married to? Too often, m[/b]ost men confuse, equate and fail to differentiate that expenses made during dating & courting would not be the same when married! When married, it is assumed you have taken on more responsibility, as a man! B[b]ut if in all ramifications, that the man in this story, is old enough to get married and the lady goaded him on to think she was interested in him, and then waited till the dying minutes to ask this stupefying question, then her case i[b]s utterly hopeless! Incontrovertibly discombobulated, to say the least! [/b]

AAARRRRRRRGGHHH, nigerians never ceased to amaze me with this their stupid BIG BIG grammer.i feel like bitch-slapping who ever wrote this jargon right now.Can't people for the life of Moses learn to write simple,coherent english that would be understood by the faintest of mind,instead of this rubbish.
English is all about trying to communicate with other people so they better understand you, and passing your point across, not a reckless display of your vocabulary as used by a lot of people on here.
Even the westerners that taught us this language,you will be surprised with the simple english they speak, why cant we do same, lets not defeat the purpose of communication, we are not in a vocab class but to share ideas with one another, i rest my case
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Dondav(m): 7:47pm On Sep 30, 2011
Well! I guess she's just looking out 4 herself!
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by lovetosin: 8:15pm On Sep 30, 2011
On a more critical look of this matter from a different perspective, it would be inconceivable for a man to spend on a lady with high unfounded hopes that she'll say yes when he proposes to her! That'll quintessentially be very dumb of such a man! Again, how old is he? Can he truly, and in all conformity say that he is old enough to cater for a lady that he get's married to? Too often, most men confuse, equate and fail to differentiate that expenses made during dating & courting would not be the same when married! When married, it is assumed you have taken on more responsibility, as a man! But if in all ramifications, that the man in this story, is old enough to get married and the lady goaded him on to think she was interested in him, and then waited till the dying minutes to ask this stupefying question, then her case is utterly hopeless! Incontrovertibly discombobulated, to say the least!

looking deeply at this matter from a different angle,it wld be unwise to lavish on a lady with unreasonable quest for material possessions.That wld be a dumb move by any man.Most guys fail to realize that the amount "blown" on a woman during courtship does not necessarily equate to same when married.when married,its generally assumed you've taken on more responsibility as a man.In essence,the man in this story is old enough to get married and the lady in question conned him into believing she was interested in him.She waited till the eleventh hour to ask a lame question.she's such a pathetic individual to say the least,

i think this might be a bit more understandable, but cld be better, am no English teacher but just want people to communicate with as simple a english as we can try,
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Mikael4(m): 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2011
^^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by claremont(m): 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2011
divine2043:

Many posts of relationships on nairaland tend to have a similar denominator 'women and demands'. Actually, not all ladies are the same when it comes to making demands. [size=13pt]Culture has a lot to do with this[/size]. The thing is not to marry a liability - be it a man or a woman. Do not also marry a selfish person - man or woman.

I would argue that the frequency at which these "Nigerian ladies bashing" threads appear on here is leading us to think that a cultural shift may just be starting to occur. The average Nigerian male has seen what is obtainable in western cultures, and is beginning to replicate such in Nigeria, which is indeed a good thing really. Those persons who choose to resist change might as well resign themselves to the status of miserable singletons for the rest of their life, that may be why we see a whole lot of single 30-ish year old Nigerian ladies out and about these days.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by hackney(m): 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2011
one ashawo-like girl said  to me that she wanted someone that can take care of her and her entire family of about nine or more sef.
well, no need narrating how that one went.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by erico2k2(m): 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2011
its funny how these questions never arise over here even though them girls are on benefit.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by powerblaze(m): 11:26pm On Sep 30, 2011
"Can u take care of me?"

See question! Wen he was buying her recharge card she no ask. Wen he was sponsoring her education she no ask. Wen he was buyin her stuffs she no ask. E reach commitment level, she begin dey speak in nollywood! Nonsense!
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 30, 2011
Spending on a girl's education who isn't your WIFE or family member is pretty stupid though I must say.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by poweredcom(m): 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2011
I abandon a girl for that single statement. it is a poor mentality.

Verry shameful and poor mentality of Nigerian women, how can some one who helped you all the way through life and at the end asking suh a question, if i were that Guy i would be mad at her and can slap her face,

what other care is she asking for again abi make i dey spoon feed am for this century, she must eb a lazy bitch
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 01, 2011
Yeah, the world is a global village. There are lots to learn as you travel. Adopt the good things and leave the bad ones. Add to the 'goods' you have and you become better and well-rounded person.

Your scope becomes better.

Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 01, 2011
At sim router guy,
Or u could simply buy an android phone that has an unbuilt wireless access point and be a walking wifi router at will.
But y'all prefer your nonsense BBs
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Wizkhalifa2(m): 4:07am On Oct 01, 2011
BULL SHIT!!!, Wen u wer doin 'DANGOTE' 4d gal, did u tell us? Nw she askd u a tricky questn ur here bitching arnd, Mtcheew!, Lest i 4get am also lukn 4 admissn,can u help me? :-D, Am a DUDE o!, Dnt get ur HOPES up!!
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Cuddlemii: 4:44am On Oct 01, 2011
divine2043:

divine2043:

Yeah, the world is a global village. There are lots to learn as you travel. Adopt the good things and leave the bad ones. Add to the 'goods' you have and you become better and well-rounded person.

Your scope becomes better.

Thank you so much for your comment. You have made my morning. God bless you abundantly & give you a very good wife to complete you & if you already have one, God will keep the blessing flowing in her life. You are a wise man. You didn't generalize but gave room for possibilities, retribution & you ended it on a realistic term. You remind me of Roland17.

Yes these things happen but why are Nairaland men fond of degrading the female gender all the time making ladies who work their butts off for money to look like fools. They don't ever encourage ladies, instead they attribute them to monetary gains all the time & ridicule our existence. Men lie, cheat, rape, destroy & kill babes etc on a daily but no one comes here to generalize these men or insult them. This exchange for exchange originated from men, its their money so if men decide to keep their money for more resourceful use even if its charity, then women would have no choice than to adhere/adapt/adjust as its a man's world & women can not live in isolation.

Funny enough the "take care of me" statement that the lady in question made might be a different thing entirely. This ladies & monetary gains thingy is becoming a bore here as it has derailed the romance section so much that other topics that far more enriching & educative have not been utilized or explored. Why?

Some men are so damn hypocritical with all their cruel endeavors & personal vendetta served to ladies in real life, they still have the nerves to hunt women here with their judgmental post.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by john6006: 8:01am On Oct 01, 2011
This types of questions breaks the anticare guides.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by john6006: 10:39am On Oct 01, 2011
This question does not only means finacial aspeckt of relationschip, But also get down of your ability to manage the emotional tone of love, Because many people try an got this question wrong .
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2011
Cheers Cuddlemii,

Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by holluwizzy: 1:29pm On Oct 01, 2011
She was thinking that when the money finish, she will varnish, that is the signal and secondly.

Spending to girls is an endless Novel. Just spend with caution.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by mekaboy(m): 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2011
[b] FROM THE STORY THIS QUESTION IS ALL ABOUT FINANCIAL SECURITY.

THAT YOU HELPED A GIRL GET ADMISSION DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF HER. THERE ARE GIRLS WHO ARE IN SCHOOL AND TAKING CARE OF THEIR POOR FAMILY.

ASSUMING THIS GIRL IS ONE OF THEM THAT CONTRIBUTES TO FAMILY, HELPS WITH BILLS AND STUFF, WHAT WILL SHE BE DOING WITH A YOUNG GUY WHO CANT TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF.

IF THE GUY HAD WHAT IT TAKES SHE WONT ASK.

MONEY HAS POWER- IN NAIJA TODAY, IF YOU MEET THESE GIRLS, AT FIRST THEY ARE AFTER YOUR POCKET , WHAT THEY CAN GET FOR YOU IMMEDIATELY, LIKE PHONES AND CLOTHS AND ALL THAT. BUT WHEN THE GIRL COMES TO YOUR HOUSE AND FINDS OUT YOUR HAVE A HOUSE OF YOUR OWN NOT RENT, YOU HAVE A GOOD BUSINESS OR JOB, SHE WILL ASSESS YOU.

NOW SHE WILL NO LONGER BE AFTER YOUR POCKET, SHE WILL BE AFTER MARRIAGE, SHE WILL NO LONGER DEMAND ANYTHING FROM YOU, BECAUSE SHE NOW WANTS TO STAY.

THE OP DID NOT EVEN TELL US IF THEY WERE DATING, YOU HELPED A GIRL GET ADMISSION, BUY HER RECHARGE CARD SOMETIMES, CALL HER ON THE PHONE. THEN YOU WANT TO MARRY HER WITHOUT DATING ?

I AM SURE THE GUY WAS PESTING AROUND THE GIRL WHO HAD BIG DREAMS , HAD HUGE FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES .

SO THE GIRL HAD T ASK HIM? OK, YOU WANT TO DATE AND MARRY ME, CAN YOU TAKE CARE OF ME ?

THEY GUY PICK RACE- IF HE IS MAN ENOUGH LET HIM SAY YES . COWARD.

OP- ANSWER NOW, CAN YOU TAKE CARE OF HER ? BECAUSE MOST TIMES PEOPLE COME ON NL AND TELL A STORY OF WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM AND CLAIM IT HAPPENED TO THEIR FRIEND.

CAN YOU PAY HER RENT?
CAN YOU PAY FOR HER HAND OUT ?
HER MOTHER IS SICK AND NEEDS DRUGS CAN YOU PAY FOR IT ?
OK YOU BOUGHT HER RECHARGE CAN BUT HER PHONE SCREEN IS SPOILT CAN YOU BUY A NEW PHONE FOR HER ?

SHE HAS CHANGED HER HAIR STYLE TWICE THIS MONTH YOU HAVE NOT NOTICED IT, CAN YOU DO HER HAIR EVERY 2 WEEKS ?

SHE LOOKS GOOD YOU WANT TO MARRY HER, ABI ?

YOU LIKE THE CLOTHS SHE WEARS, THE BAGS SHE CARRIES, THE SMELL OF HER PERFUMES ABI? WHEN YOU VISIT HER SHE COOKS AND GIVES YOU ABI ?

OP - NA ANOTHER MAN INVESTMENT YOU DEY SEE, THAT DRESS, BAG, PERFUME, ROOM, FOOD AND EVERYTHING YOU SEE IS ANOTHER MANS MONEY.

OLOSHI, YOU WANT TO REAP WHERE YOU DID NOT SOW. IF SHE STOPS TO SEE OTHER GUYS, CAN YOU TAKE CARE OF HER ? [/b]
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by dozai: 3:53pm On Oct 01, 2011
Everyones mind is at the material side of taking care of, The other side is also important in the life of a woman. sometimes more important than the material side. Maybe the dude doesnt shine her congo very well.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by mekaboy(m): 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2011
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

A GIRL WHO JUST ENTERED UNIVERSITY IN NAIJA WILL BE ASKING A GUY CAN U TAKE CARE OF ME IN TERMS OF S-E-KS ? I DONT THINK SO. IF THEY WERE DATING THE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE HAD SEX, SO THE NEED WONT ARISE.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by dozai: 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2011
mekaboy:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

A GIRL WHO JUST ENTERED UNIVERSITY IN NAIJA WILL BE ASKING A GUY CAN U TAKE CARE OF ME IN TERMS OF S-E-KS ? I DONT THINK SO. IF THEY WERE DATING THE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE Were Intimate, SO THE NEED WONT ARISE.

Shine ur eye bro. Any girl that asked that kinda question is no longer a small girl. That question no be small people question. Na matured babe she be.
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by mekaboy(m): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2011
LOL, BRO THAT IS WHY I SAID THE GIRL NA RUNS GIRL THAT NEEDS CHAIRMAN, NO BE YOUNG BOYS WEY DEY HUSTLE TO SURVIVE . THE OP AND HIM FRIENDS NO SABI THEIR LEVELS, CHEWING GUM BOIS grin grin grin
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Decryptor(m): 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2011
Little wonder why many Nigerian ladies are still single even after the age of 37
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Gbenge77(m): 10:28pm On Oct 01, 2011
What a `huge` question that is!
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by mekaboy(m): 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2011
ha ha ha, WHEN YOU ASK A YOUNG HUSTLING GUY THIS QUESTION, HE WILL RUN AND FORGET HIS SHOES,

BUT THIS IS THE SAME QUESTION INI EDO ASKED BANKOLE AND WHAT WAS THE RESULT? A 50MILLION NAIRA HOUSE IN ABUJA. ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE. grin grin grin

THIS QUESTION IS FOR MEN NOT BOYS, I AM SURE IF THE GIRL SAID CAN YOU TAKE CARE OF MY BREAKFAST OR DINNER TODAY, HE WILL SAY YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS grin grin grin
Re: If The Girl You Want To Mary Ask You This Question ''can U Take Care Of Me? '' by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 01, 2011
^^ So because everyone has 50 million to answer their girlfriend's question with abi?
Superficiality is a turn off to be honest. No matter how rich I am, if that is what it takes to keep a girl in line, then she shouldn't even be on my side of the compound to begin with. She should be some other unlucky bastard's problem.

You don't plan to go on the longest, most uncertain journey of your life (marriage) with someone who YOU KNOW will stab you in the back and run the moment you enter dessert terrain. Yet every v*gina carrier feels they should be treated as queens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Necessary For Guys To Kneel Down To Propose To A Lady? / Can Lust Lead To Love?? ... / My Crush Finally Called Me. Guess What She Said?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.