Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,151 members, 7,890,885 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:59 PM

Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families (498 Views)

Families Of Israeli Female Soldiers Release Video Of Oct. 7 Capture By Hamas / Putin Attends Christmas Service With Families Of Fallen Soldiers (Photos) / UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families by DyshApp: 11:37pm On Jun 05, 2023
The United Kingdom has officially banned Nigerian and other international students from bringing family and dependents into the UK. The ban, aimed at reducing migration into the UK, will take effect from January 2024, Home Secretary Suella Braverman disclosed in a statement on Tuesday, 23 May.

The UK hopes that when this ban is introduced next year, it will crack down on "unscrupulous education agents who make of inappropriate applications to sell immigration, not education" while blocking international students from "misuse of visa system" switching from student route to work routes.

However, only international students on postgraduate courses regarded as research programmes will be allowed to bring in their dependants or PhD students who are highly skilled and whose courses last 3 to 5 years.

Read all about it on Dyshus webpage(link in bio)

Receive all the latest updates and Join our daily conversations as we discuss Nigeria and more

What do you think of this new development?
Re: Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families by nnamdi640: 11:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
See wetin our brother from south west has caused other people including people from other countries aiming to come to London with their family. Some family will not be able to unite as a result of this law all thanks to those that talks with both sides of their mouth
Re: Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families by HacheNoire: 12:20am On Jun 06, 2023
nnamdi640:
See wetin our brother from south west has caused other people including people from other countries aiming to come to London with their family. Some family will not be able to unite as a result of this law all thanks to those that talks with both sides of their mouth

Stop blaming the poor lad! The UK already had the data and statistics. It was on Nairaland front page long before the guy even put himself in trouble.

Uk already knew, and dude just robbed himself. Whether he said it or not, it was glaring UK government was going to act.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families by smartz5311: 10:47am On Jun 06, 2023
[Please I applied for my dependant since 26th May 2022, and I have been tracking their application since then,, its been on the transferred to VAC since last week . I need advise on what to next
Re: Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families by smartz5311: 1:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
smartz5311:
[Please I applied for my dependant since 26th May 2023, and I have been tracking their application since then,, its been on the transferred to VAC since last week . I need advise on what to next
Re: Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families by DyshApp: 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2023
HacheNoire:

Stop blaming the poor lad! The UK already had the data and statistics. It was on Nairaland front page long before the guy even put himself in trouble.

Uk already knew, and dude just robbed himself. Whether he said it or not, it was glaring UK government was going to act.

Which country do you think that Nigerians will face now?
Re: Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families by HacheNoire: 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2023
DyshApp:

The UK still has its gate wide open.

As a matter of fact, only the poorly informed use educational route.

Tier 2 is the biggy, and doors are wide open
Re: Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families by DyshApp: 7:25pm On Jun 08, 2023
HacheNoire:

The UK still has its gate wide open.

As a matter of fact, only the poorly informed use educational route.

Tier 2 is the biggy, and doors are wide open

You're right, but let's hope that they don't start cutting off other channels because their main aim is to reduce immigration
Re: Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families by HacheNoire: 7:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
DyshApp:

You're right, but let's hope that they don't start cutting off other channels because their main aim is to reduce immigration

Everything that has a beginning will surely come to an end.

UK is having serious immigration issues, and I believe they will shut that door anytime soon.
Re: Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families by bassdow: 7:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
Damage Control mechanism to control their depleting earnings.
Re: Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families by bassdow: 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
DyshApp:

They would continue with same country. Maybe most would use School format to enter, then dropOut.

or they begin to buy studentShip, just like they buy socialMedia accounts. Nigerians dey always find a way out - nna there dem brain dey work overDrive.
Re: Uk Bans Nigerians From Travelling With Families by DyshApp: 10:32am On Jun 12, 2023
bassdow:
They would continue with same country. Maybe most would use School format to enter, then dropOut.

or they begin to buy studentShip, just like they buy socialMedia accounts. Nigerians dey always find a way out - nna there dem brain dey work overDrive.

Nigerians will always find a way indeed, but there are other countries that allow free visas https://www.nairaland.com/7724532/countries-allow-visa-free-entry-visa-on-arrival

(1) (Reply)

Paris Summit: Ramaphosa Meets Germany, EU, Brazil; Seated Next To Macron (PICS) / Russia Vs NATO Military Power Comparison 2023 / Why Are Muslim Countries Not Willing To Accept Palestinian Refugees?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.