Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,976 members, 7,903,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 03:24 AM

Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? (28331 Views)

Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / Man Leaves His Marriage Because His Wife Beats & Abuses Him / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Jun 07, 2023
Lanre1st:
■ It brings companionship. See that is where we are getting it wrong big time nowadays, being in marriage does not turn a man to money machines. [b]If you ever hear from those madam that lack who to hug, cuddle them, share their day with, you will know what is inside marriage is more than money. Even sex is expensive to those that have no legal acces[/b]s
1. Companionship with a person whose existence you are repulsed by? undecided

Some of you are terribly wicked in the lies you feed your women. undecided
Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Fredoh(m): 8:27am On Jun 11, 2023
Skyview01:
Why did you get into a marriage both of you are not financially and emotionally prepared for?

Why bring the poor kids to come suffer when both of you are not ready financially?

I call it wickedness when you have kids without the means to take care of them.

I have no sympathy for you, I only pity the poor innocent kids. Instead of looking for ways to solve the problems you willfully created, you are looking for another man to shift your burdens.

You still will never learn and are always seeking for shortcuts.

MARRIAGE AND CHILDBEARING ARE NOT NECESSARY AND SUFFICIENT CONDITIONS FOR HAPPINESS IN LIFE!

We seem to share same ideology Sir, you just said my mind.
I always think that it is unfair to bring children into this world when you know you can’t cater for them. This is not peculiar to the OP, it’s a generic statement. People do that a lot, and eventually hang the burden of huge responsibilities to their children by the time they old and feeble.

Back to the OP, discuss with family, take a brake and discuss the way forward with your man.
There’s no hiding place, he needs to take responsibility!!

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
Fredoh:

We seem to share same ideology Sir, you just said my mind.
I always think that it is unfair to bring children into this world when you know you can’t cater for them. This is not peculiar to the OP, it’s a generic statement. People do that a lot, and eventually hang the burden of huge responsibilities to their children by the time they old and feeble.

Back to the OP, discuss with family, take a brake and discuss the way forward with your man.
There’s no hiding place, he needs to take responsibility!!

I learned the hardway my brother, we were seven in my family in a two room face me i face you apartment.

I slept on the mat throughout primary and secondary school and vowed i will not make same mistakes of my parents.

My daughter will have a house in her own name before marriage and max of 1 to two kids with a space for a pet.

Your life can be a hell or heaven and it will depend on how you plan.
Re: Leaving A Marriage Because He's Not Taking Responsibilities, Make Me Bad? by efficiencie(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
I have to join this forum to post this tonight.

I'm in my early thirties, my husband is just two years older than me. My husband has always been neglecting his responsibilities even before we got married, but I was seeing it as he doesn't have a better job and a struggling guy whom we can both join hands together to build each other. I endured everything with him. I have always supported and provided without complain.
Since last year my husband lost his job, since then, he has refused to look for any other source of income. Even when he had a job, he always have one story or the other to tell about his monthly salaries. So, he still doesn't provide.
Once, there's nothing in the house, he will keep watching because I can't watch my two children Starve. I will try everything, even call friends, families and borrow. He doesn't care how I borrowed and how I paid.

Now, he wakes up every morning and still go back to sleep. Whatever I asked him, he don't always have. He's response always is ''I don't have money ''
I am the only one sourcing out everything in this house, I don't have a job as well, just struggling up and down with a business I do.

There's no food, school fees, bill, everything, he will ignore. I can't watch my children suffer. So, I keep struggling without any help. But he eats food and uses everything in the house with us. He wouldn't provide, but he can use them once they're available.
Our house rent will soon expire and he has no plan towards That. The previous one I paid, but presently, my business is down

Lately, I've been thinking. I've never cheated since I entered this marriage, but If I keep struggling all myself like this, my children will suffer. I feel, I need someone who loves me and willing to support me as well.
My children are too used to their father, it borders me if I separate them from him.

Leaving a marriage because he's not taking responsibilities, does that make me a bad woman?

What could make a man to be very comfortable not providing for his family but wouldn't want to loss the said family?

Have you ever been in my shoes, what would you advise me?

You ladies can be very stupid atimes. I am sorry if you feel insulted by my statement but please reason with me an you will agree with me. You saw a man that was irresponsible before marriage and you somehow thought he would become responsible after marriage. How na? How? You claim you built with him and now you want to destroy everything you claim you built with him. Na now you realize sey you need someone to love you, after having several kids. Madam you are walking into disaster ohh. This one you claim you are looking for someone to love you, you are just deluding yourself ohh. You are actually looking for money and I assure you that in these days and times with the subsidy removal you can easily end up in the hands of a ritualist oh. The next man you will spread your legs for can easily be your last. Ronu oh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? / My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! / Men, Who Has Used Revive Or Adam's Desire Before?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.