Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:15 AM

38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker (21864 Views)

Osun Speaker Adewale Egbedun Prevents Policemen From Extorting Money From Youths / Osun Assembly Replies Demola Adeleke On The Change Of The State's Name / Ademola Adeleke Sworn-in As 6th Elected Osun Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by sageb: 11:02am On Jun 07, 2023
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by hucknall: 11:04am On Jun 07, 2023
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by Raf4: 11:23am On Jun 07, 2023
ybalogs:
Offa born and bred now number 3 in Osun state. Pretty sure you will make the youths proud. All the best pal .

That's how we rock it in Yorubaland. Congratulations to him.
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by fbabs(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2023
aktolly54:
abeg know how to see this politician in person?am from ede osun state but live in ibadan. Just need a clue on how to link up with those people maybe they can help. I won't mind to pay if the whole mission is accomplished.

Who do you want to see
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by gentleguy1975: 11:44am On Jun 07, 2023
dfrost:

31 actually.
yeah,he was few months away from 32
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by press9jatv: 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
Pharaoh4rin:

I'll hit you up on WhatsApp. I want to enrol my nephew. I'll get him a laptop by next week.
Toor.

1 Like

Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by press9jatv: 12:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
tosmman001:

Those who said so have been charged and presently cooling their head at Ilesa prison
with this development more exposure of the speaker and his shady deals. The defendants plead not guilty. I guess FBI will release their lists on that soon. Same thing happened to former ogun state speaker too.
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by Burgerlomo: 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
Congratulations 👍
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by dhmore: 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
A Big Congratulations All The Way🌹💞❤️
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by kingsceemark(m): 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
Glory be to the Lord, thank God say this one no enter skull mining business

Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by Nefort: 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Yakubu Gowon was 29 31 years old when he was head of state of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Most of his colleagues at the helms of affairs were not up to 35 years old.
That's because the military officers during Gowon's time were recently recruited and young just after independence. Then the military coups easily made it possible for young men to become of head state. But these days we have older senior military officers and even if there is a military coup it will be very difficult for a young junior military officer to become head of state.
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
Nefort:

That's because the military officers during Gowon's time were recently recruited and young just after independence. Then the military coups easily made it possible for young men to become of head state. But these days we have older senior military officers and even if there is a military coup it will be very difficult for a young junior military officer to become head of state.

Young junior officers are mostly the master minds behind coups. Even if there will be a coup today it will be by a young junior officer.
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by Coolgent(m): 10:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
obembet:

That's Yoruba for you, as long as u have good character, they will support u.

Saraki is from Ogun state

Tinubu is from Osun state

Adeleke wife is from East

Akeredolu wife is from East

Jakande is from Kwara state.

I don't know if any region have try this since 1999

Saraki from Ogun?
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by Fearyourcreator: 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
Naijaguy123:
Happy for him . At 38 !
Olademiji Bankole was only 37 and is the number 4 man in Nigeria
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by Nefort: 9:44pm On Jun 08, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Young junior officers are mostly the master minds behind coups. Even if there will be a coup today it will be by a young junior officer.

I don't agree with you. Apart from Gowon no other military head state was young. Abacha, Babangida, Buhari, Obasanjo, Murtala Mohammed and Aguiyi Ironsi were much older and senior military officers.
Re: 38-Year-Old Egbedun Elected Osun Assembly Speaker by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nefort:

I don't agree with you. Apart from Gowon no other military head state was young. Abacha, Babangida, Buhari, Obasanjo, Murtala Mohammed and Aguiyi Ironsi were much older and senior military officers.

How old were this officers when the participated in their first coup. They were all young officers. Why did you not talk about Gideon Orka's? He was a young officer too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Insists On Ekweremadu’s Removal / Fayose Installed As Apesin Of Ado-Ekiti At Ewi's Palace(photos) / Taiwo: Obasanjo Has Hired Assassins To Kill Me For Supporting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.