Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,860 members, 7,976,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 10:33 PM

No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes (46472 Views)

Agbekoya Backs Lagos Speaker On Passing Bill To Protect Indigenes / Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri / Mamman Amadu Asks Lawmakers To Make Laws To Regulate Birth Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
RecentHistory:

Which document? See this dumb gala hawker.

Land Use Act put all lands in the state in the hands of the Governor. He can collect your land and give you 10k as compensation. Carry your house on your head and move.

Go and ask why Ojukwu's father couldn't take a single grain of sand as property in Lagos.
Story, The power fg has on any land in Nigeria is stronger than the state government. If you like try to claim any land then federal constitution will now take the lead.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by XAUBulls: 4:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
Abagworo:
Thrash. Protection should be against the dominant Yorubas fom other Southwest not Southeast States and promotion of indigenous Lagos dialects. Lagos should be for the real natives in political offices not Osun or Ogun people.
@Abagworo,

I've been a veteran member of NL since 2005, and I'm giving this feedback so that YOU will understand things in the right historical context as an old member here yourself.

For your information, over 95% of the total landmass of Lagos State of today was carved out of what is now Ogun State. That part that was carved out when Lagos State was created primarily for the indigenes [Ijebus, Aworis, Ogus, etc] on May 27, 1967 by General Yakubu Gowon alongside 11 other states, was located in the Old Western Region which was governed by the Action Group party of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN [who was once the Prime Minister] in partnership with his political lieutenants.

If you look at the FIRST MAP I attached below, you will see that Ijebuland and Aworiland STRADDLE both sides of Ogun and Lagos States.

The Awori-Yorubas who are land owners and indigenes of both Ogun State and Lagos State migrated from Ile Ife in what is now Osun State. Recently, the Awori Obas of Ogun and Lagos States paid a historic visit back to Ile Ife which is their original ancestral homeland and their quarters still exists in Ile Ife as seen in YouTube videos online.

Second, the Ijebu-Yorubas are also indigenes of both Ogun State and Lagos State. Ibeju-Lekki LGA, Ikorodu LGA, Epe LGA, Ajah, etc, are ALL part of the larger Ijebuland which extends directly into Ijebuland in Ogun State.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State is an Ijebu man so his presence as the Governor is in order being that Ijebuland is part of Lagos State. Former Governor Akinwumi Ambode is originally an Ilaje-Yoruba man from Ondo State. Ambode's father was a Prince from Ilajeland who was posted to Epe as a teacher during the days of the Old Western Region and he passed on there and his remains were returned to Ondo State as a member of the Royal family in his Ilaje ancestral homeland. Akinwumi Ambode of course grew up in Epe.

Governor Lateef Jakande of Lagos State from 1979 to 1983, was originally from Omu Aran in Kwara State, but was born on Lagos Island after his parents migrated from Omu Aran. Awolowo raised his hands during the 1979 election cycle and his victory was assured.

So, the indigenes of Lagos and Ogun States see themselves as ONE people... the Aworis, Ijebus, Ogus, etc. Even Ijebuland shares boundaries with Osun State as can be seen from the attached map below.

It is just like the Ngwas of Abia who originally migrated from Mbaiseland in Imo State. From the history books and online articles I have read the Ngwas and Mbaise are related to one another. Even Abia State's Alex Otti's paternal ancestry is from Arochukwu, but he is now an Aro-Ngwa.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by NzogbuNzogbu: 4:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:

Yorubas don't take that muric prof serious just like a lot of Igbos don't take Simon Ekpa serious.

The yorubas have centuries old tradition of inter-marrying among different religions..Muric prof won't break that tradition in a few years. It's not uncommon to find siblings or parents that are of different religions in the SW.
so why is the muric man running amok representing you Yoruba Muslims without your so called leaders calling him to a halt

I am aware he has a chain which people like tinubu and Yoruba Muslims monarchs can padlock

But no, he is doing their bidding

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Poske95(m): 4:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
Kano is under the FG laws which says that alcohol is legal for all and even gives Kano revenue from it

But Kano has a state law that says alcohol is illegal and still collects revenue from it

Igbos keep creating problem for we non igbos in lagos with their tap mouth

All my family in Lagos their is no one that don't own house in lagos, but it's Igbo that started making this a myopic achievement to brag them own Lagos

The Lagos government would not even need to twist too much, their can be a simple law that people from non states xyz would need like sureties etc to get land or buy house

Those stuffs can be so complex you sef would rather stay as tenant

....yes, the typical ideology of the Igbo. But I think it's good for people to wake up to quietly protect the land. For example, selling of land, if the buyer has been born here and have worked, stayed and paid taxes for over say 30 years... ?!
There ought to be latent protections but careful not to incite ethnic segregation.
See this elections, people jus wanted Buhari to go and wanted Obi.....even Lagosians, Yoruba and many more.
However, we saw the use of indigenous incitings jus for the politics.
Land use Acts, birth control and useful Government promulgations should be consistent with the times and Constitution.

4 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
thinkmoney:

The entitlement is there in the south south. So who says it’s not there in lagos? The clamour in Lagos is very unjustifiable. No one is contesting anything with anybody.
The indigenes too have an head start more than the immigrants... they own the land and water source and whatever privilege or properties the immigrants have acquired by which they may brag about has been duly paid for. They pay also the space for their shops. So what’s the clamour or binckering about?

It's almost natural , if not natural that a man will feel entitled especially if they realize that they are in their rightful position comparatively , my point is against those who are blind to this natural or almost natural tendency of entitlement.

Issues should be well managed , there should be mutual respect and mutual considerations, but nobody should claim Lagos is notorious for this and feeling of entitlement is not present elsewhere, infact Lagos and Southwest are sleeping are lagging behind in comparison with other region, dem just dey wake up.

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by RecentHistory: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
nnamdi640:
Story, The power fg has on any land in Nigeria is stronger than the state government.

Why then did the FG lose all land cases it filed against LASG as regards land ownership?
You can't know, you were busy hawking gala at that time.

I think they need to translate the Land Use Act into Igbo so that it can enter the flat heads of akpu-chewing illiterates like you.

5 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
vee22:

tinubu is not an indigene of lagos
Okay. He is an indigene of Anambra I guess undecided

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
adekolaelect:
Inamdi stop crying . We can't chase you out of Lagos but to put you in place you deserved . Why are you crying in advance ?
Do I look like some one crying, you guys will just hurt yourselves more out of wickedness.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by tunde1200(m): 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
It's a welcome development

At least we go know who be who in Lagos than awon Omo atohun rinwa talking rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by kolakolington(m): 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Obaofaba:
Good!!!

If this is the only thing that the 10th Lagos assembly achieved, so be it.

Lagos is a Yoruba land, not a chinedu land.

Let that ring to your skull.

Awa laleko, awon niwon ni Anambra.

It should be included in the Act that anyone who tagged Lagos State a no man's land should be liable for a prison sentence not less than 10 years because this is the 10th assembly setting the records straight.

Any person or group of persons caught calling themselves or himself an Eze in Lagos State has committed an offence punishable with a prison sentence not less than 10 months with HARD LABOR.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Abagworo:
Thrash. Protection should be against the dominant Yorubas fom other Southwest not Southeast States and promotion of indigenous Lagos dialects. Lagos should be for the real natives in political offices not Osun or Ogun people.
Lagos indigenous dialect is majorly Yoruba and minorly Egun just like that of Ondo is majorly Yoruba and minorly Ijaw undecided

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by tunde1200(m): 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Lol
muhammaduyusufu:

Okay. He is an indigene of Anambra I guess undecided
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by NzogbuNzogbu: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Poske95:

....yes, the typical ideology of the Igbo. But I think it's good for people to wake up to quietly protect the land. For example, selling of land, if the buyer has been born here and have worked, stayed and paid taxes for over say 30 years... ?!
There ought to be latent protections but careful not to incite ethnic segregation.
See this elections, people jus wanted Buhari to go and wanted Obi.....even Lagosians, Yoruba and many more.
Land use Acts, birth control and useful Government promulgations should be consistent with the times and Constitution.
igbos brought this upon themselves, I hate this victim mentality

The government should rather step in cos more confrontation like during the election is just childplay if the boundaries aren't set

Obviously the absence of it, igbos don't like freedom, they love chains so give them

4 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by mauchiz: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2023
RecentHistory:

Chika or whatever your useless name is. You are a big fool and your late father will be shaking his head at how stupid you are. You are supporting Ipob destroying Igboland but you are willing to run to Lagos for Dangote job. The same Dangote that Ipob burnt his trucks at Onitsha in 2017. If Lagos had behaved like Ipob, would you see Dangote refinery to be begging for work today?
You are a total disgrace to your generations.

You see all these hatred you people have for igbos will lead to war one day,you better mind yourself and ur hatred,because it will consume you.
Keep hating, until this tribal hatred leads to war in Nigeria,by that time,ur body will rest.
Keep ur hatred with you,it will definitely consume you.
You people are jealous of igbos progress,if not why are you all disturbing Igbos in lagos state,the state does not belong to you,and ur troubling urself.

Anything you hate will never come to you,stop hating igbos,they are not holding your prosperity.
Lagos is very big for you to make ur money
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Maliqcious: 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
How many real lagosians indigene count for the state.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jagungidi:

The real natives migrated from Osun idiot.
Yes from Ile Ife.

4 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Mancala: 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
nnamdi640:
Story, The power fg has on any land in Nigeria is stronger than the state government. If you like try to claim any land then federal constitution will now take the lead.

This is incorrect. The federal government signed the land use act of 1978 that gives the state government power over the sale and use of lands in their state. All land in Anambra state is under the state and the governor can revoke at any time and pay compensation deemed fit. Even the the type of compensation is spelled out in the law.

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
APCNig:

When we start dumping you ar Upper Iweka Bridge Head, Onitsha, you will know
Fashola grin

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Creeper: 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
cktheluckyman:

grin grin grin grin If igbos leave who will be paying the tax from other places

I was alluding to aviation, customs, corporate tax, VAT, etc. Igbps do petty trading and that type of low-level trading doesn't contribute anything to the coffers since Lagos isn't advanced enough to tax them. The IGR breakdown of Lagos was on this forum a few months ago and they contribute zilch to the IGR. Even in advanced countries like the UK and US - that type of business isn't taxed effectively because it's pretty difficult to know how much they make.

You Igbos overrate yourselves with unnecessary noise whilst being vacuous - for a destitue ethnic group of mostly economic refugees. You contribute zilch everywhere but act like the life of the party. And I must commend you because you have done a good job in bamboozling semi-educated Nigerians to believe the vacuous hype. But too bad you can't fool educated people.

Nairaland doesn't really tell much when it comes to understanding how other Nigerians feel about Igbos because there are too many impostors claiming what they're not on here. You have to go to the rabbit hole of Twitter (which I do from time to time) - to understand what other Nigerians feel about Igbos. In Delta, amongst the ANIOMA people, they don't like Igbos and I only recently discovered (via them) that Asaba was founded by Igalas and it's an Igala town. And that's a contrast to what I've been made to believe on Nairaland. Other ethnic groups in Delta also don't like Igbos. Ditto Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Calabar and Ijaw people.

Evidently, the anti-Igbo sentiment is universal across Southern Nigeria and the only group with a section of people that wear pom-poms for Igbos seem to Yorubas. But it's good to see those in this misguided/miseducated group of Yorubas are finally waking up. And hopefully, now that Lagos has taken the lead - other Yoruba states will follow its lead.

Igbos are like that irritant neighbour who refuses to stay in his/her house whilst laying claims to other people's houses. Why can't Igbos go home and stay in Igboland? Yes, I know Igboland is a desolate pigstyl but the energy you lot expend on laying claims to other people's lands - with grossly exaggerated claims of ownership you don't have, phantom wealth and junk pseudo-history - would be very useful in making Igboland habitable. You're hated everywhere and it's time you started looking at home (home is in Igboland).

8 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Princessstee: 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
They should do fast.

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by tolexy007(m): 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
seunmsg:

It is inevitable. It must be done immediately.

grin After u sold ur papa land to igbo and use the money to marry another wife now u that u are broke, u want to collect the land back
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
RecentHistory:
Lagos wants to protect its Indigenes and Igbos are crying.

That's the irony of this thread and a good reason why these laws are important.

4 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Yomit71(m): 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sermwell:

So tell us where else it can be sourced! Werey grin
Go and ask your father grin

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by ogaontop(m): 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
RockHard:
Long overdue. cool
How I wish this can be done immediately, So Igbo can go develop their land. Ten or twenty years from the day the law is made, many Igbo cities will open up in terms of business, commerce and property.
At times people ignorantly shoot themselves in the leg. Bet me.
There's no way you can argue the milestone contributions of Igbos to the Lagos economy.
When a place is conducive, people come around, but when not, people give way.
That's why many Western nations of late are competing in who will attract investors!!
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
RecentHistory:

Why then did the FG lose all land cases it filed against LASG as regards land ownership?
You can't know, you were busy hawking gala at that time.

I think they need to translate the Land Use Act into Igbo so that it can enter the flat heads of akpu-chewing illiterates like you.
Guy just rest, they feel like losing it, don't think if they really want it, they want take it, all they need is to set up a project that will encroached those land and nothing will be done, the only thing is to pay for compensation
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by thinkmoney(m): 4:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
Librason:

It's almost natural , if not natural that a man will feel entitled especially if they realize that they are in their rightful position comparatively , my point is against those who are blind to this natural or almost natural tendency of entitlement.

Issues should be well managed , there should be mutual respect and mutual considerations, but nobody should claim Lagos is notorious for this and feeling of entitlement is not present elsewhere, infact Lagos and Southwest are sleeping are lagging behind in comparison with other region, dem just dey wake up.
You are right entitlement is everywhere. Lagos APC played on this the last time. I maintain that nobody is dragging anything with the indigenes of Lagos.
Have you been hearing any issues again? The silence will be this way until another election year, then you will suddenly start hearing stories again
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 4:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
Mancala:

This is incorrect. The federal government signed the land use act of 1978 that gives the state government power over the sale and use of lands in their state. All land in Anambra state is under the state and the governor can revoke at any time and pay compensation deemed fit. Even the the type of compensation is spelled out in the law.
Tell your state governor to revoke the land sold out by your people let watch how it will go. Don't just set up fire you can't control because it will surely burn the person that set it up.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jagungidi:

Those in other states are free to return if they get targeted. Not sure what they are doing in other states and other regions to begin with when everything you need is in your state.
Tell that to your people in other places apart from south west
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Ceejay94: 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
I hope the law will not stop other tribes from going about their businesses?

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
so why is the muric man running amok representing you Yoruba Muslims without your so called leaders calling him to a halt

I am aware he has a chain which people like tinubu and Yoruba Muslims monarchs can padlock

But no, he is doing their bidding
We don't take him serious because he has no influence on anyone in the SW. As I am trying to you now, I don't even remember his name. I just remember his face and the funny looking scarf he wears on his head. I have Christians in my family. You think I care about what one funny looking Alfa has to say about Christians. Even Tinubu's wife is a pastor at a Pentecostal church. You think he would take muric that serious. Lol.

5 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Christistruth03: 4:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
nnamdi640:

Land belongs to the States and not the Federal Government

2 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by alezzy13: 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
Obaofaba:
Good!!!

If this is the only thing that the 10th Lagos assembly achieved, so be it.

Lagos is a Yoruba land, not a chinedu land.

Let that ring to your skull.

Awa laleko, awon niwon ni Anambra.

It should be included in the Act that anyone who tagged Lagos State a no man's land should be liable for a prison sentence not less than 10 years because this is the 10th assembly setting the records straight.

Any person or group of persons caught calling themselves or himself an Eze in Lagos State has committed an offence punishable with a prison sentence not less than 10 months with HARD LABOR.

See ya wide mouth 😁

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

Buhari: "I Will Serve For Only One Tenure" (Throwback Photo) / Nasiru Abdullahi 'Chile Maidoki' Joins Kano Police / Son Backs Aged Woman To Vote In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.