Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,325 members, 7,974,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:44 PM

Karim Benzema Joins The Saudi Arabia Champions Al Ittihad - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Karim Benzema Joins The Saudi Arabia Champions Al Ittihad (271 Views)

Karim Benzema Joins Al Ittihad On Two Year Deal / Ronaldo Took The Worst Free-kick Of His Career For Al Nassr Against Al Ittihad / Al-Ittihad Knock Cristiano Ronaldo And Al-Nassr Out Of The Saudi Super Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Karim Benzema Joins The Saudi Arabia Champions Al Ittihad by Ashleyokeneye(f): 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2023
Karim Mostafa Benzema is a French professional footballer who plays as a striker for La Liga club Real Madrid. He will join Saudi Professional League club Al-Ittihad on 1 July. He was born 19 December 1987 (age 35 years) in Lyon, France. Karim Benzema announced his departure from Real Madrid on a free transfer last weekend; the 35-year-old joins Saudi Arabia champions Al Ittihad, managed by Nuno Espirito Santo; Al Ittihad finished five points ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr.

The French forward announced his departure from the Spanish club last weekend, bringing a 14-year spell to an end during which he won LaLiga on four occasions and the Champions League five times. Al Ittihad is currently managed by former Wolves and Tottenham boss Nuno Espirito Santo and finished five points ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr - who came second - last season.

Al Ittihad posted a video on Twitter of Benzema signing a contract until 2026, although the club did not disclose any financial details. "I am excited to experience a new football league in a different country," the 35-year-old, who will wear the No 9 shirt, said. "I have been fortunate to achieve amazing things in my career and achieve everything I can in Spain and Europe. "It now feels the time is right for a new challenge and project. I am looking forward to joining my new team-mates and, together with them, help take this amazing club and the game in Saudi Arabia to new levels."

Benzema had been with Madrid since 2009 and won a club-record 25 titles. His last season with Madrid saw him captain the team to victory in the Copa del Rey final but they finished second to Barcelona in LaLiga and lost in the semi-finals of the Champions League to Manchester City. He bid farewell to the fans after scoring in his final Madrid game on Sunday, a 1-1 draw with Athletic Bilbao. Al Ittihad, from the port city of Jeddah, won their first Saudi league title since 2009 last month after overhauling Ronaldo's Al Nassr from the capital city of Riyadh, who had led for much of the season. Benzema will be by far the best-known player in a squad that relied heavily this season on Moroccan striker Abderrazak Hamdallah, the league's top scorer.

Turn your passion for sports into profit. Bet with ILOT BET and enjoy the thrill of victory on and off the field. Click here at www.ilotbet.com to start betting.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read Sports News For Tuesday / Earn as a FPL (Fantasy Premier League) Manager / Done Deal: Manchester City Completes The Signing Of Josko Gvardiol From Leipzig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.