Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,894 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers (30634 Views)

Marketers Hint Of ₦800 Petrol Pump Price Amid Surging Landing Cost, Worsening FX / Nigeria Ready To Supply Gas To Europe - Timipre Sylva / Cooking Gas: Marketers Protest 75% Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by owunabastard: 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2023
Nectarbaba:
Tell me you're a slowpoke without telling me you're a slowpoke. If you can't see the bright side of this then your education is a waste!!
another slowpoke who does not own a car
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by OluwaBlessyn: 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Templee333:
Please break down what CNG is.

Compressed natural gas

Look it up on google and know the diff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Nectarbaba(m): 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
owunabastard:
another slowpoke who does not own a car
E pain werey. Less air pollution, noise pollution and road congestion! If you can't reason beyond your own selfish interest then tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Basic123: 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
ThatCEO:

It cost 250k to convert a normal 4 cylinder engine.

They won't remove anything, they just add d CNG capability to your car. They will also place a gas tank in your booth but it is very safe. U can choose whether to run your car ok petrol or CNG by yourself with just a switch they will put in your dashboard
Waooo
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by litaninja(m): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2023
That's a recipe for disaster.

1 Like

Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Iluvmycontr3: 7:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
savcy:
This subsidy removal was a masterstroke. Funny it took a civilian through and through to remove it. Something ex-generals didn't have the heart to do.

Wisdom is better than strength. Moreso, still water runs deep.

#Jagaban may jst surprise all of us and really turn things around for good because this subsidy scam alone is the highest fraud by the canals in naija🤦‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by mafluxfire: 7:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
If you Na like convert them to pop Carrier. We have moved on. Subsidy O tí lọ.

1 Like

Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Truthshscrazy: 7:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
ThatCEO:

It cost 250k to convert a normal 4 cylinder engine.

They won't remove anything, they just add d CNG capability to your car. They will also place a gas tank in your booth but it is very safe. U can choose whether to run your car ok petrol or CNG by yourself with just a switch they will put in your dashboard
Just 250k? Even tot it was going to cost more.Which conversion facility in lagos or Abuja can l get it expertly done at that price?
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by mafluxfire: 7:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
If una like convert them to poo Carrier. Subsidy O tí lọ. We have moved on

1 Like

Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by drololaaof: 7:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
Parachoko:

https://punchng.com/800-petrol-tankers-converted-to-supply-gas-marketers/
Limao, the quality control section on standardization should allow this at all because the tankers manufactured locally failed litmus test on standard.
You see products spilling off.
If the trailer fell all the content will spill whereas the imported tankers retain its products , so we are going to witness gas leakage on our roads.
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Parachoko: 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
drololaaof:

Limao, the quality control section on standardization should allow this at all because the tankers manufactured locally failed litmus test on standard.
You see products spilling off.
If the trailer fell all the content will spill whereas the imported tankers retain its products , so we are going to witness gas leakage on our roads.
I hope the authority in charge are looking into your claim
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by OmoNla99: 7:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
vanunu:
It is very dangerous to convert a petrol tanker to cng tanker.

I don laugh tire. I hope these clowns understand what a thick and thin shell means. How can they convert a liquid carrying tank to a gas carrying tank.
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:48pm On Jun 09, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:
The Sahara car is powered by LPG while the other one is by CNG
You can read more on here Gazzuzz really envisage a time like this as far back as 2017.
https://www.nairaland.com/3764862/compressed-natural-gas-cng-best

Punch also wrote an article on it.
https://punchng.com/uses-of-lpg-cng-gas-in-automobiles/?amp

Thank you
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by ghettochild(m): 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
And we shd exp3cting gas explosions as well o.
I just hope those converting tankers are going to do so with safety as a top priority
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Shellsploit: 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
ruggedtimi:
I have entered couple of taxis in Ghana running on CNG

Almost all taxis in ghana run on CNG
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Genesiis(m): 8:31pm On Jun 09, 2023
komzy589:

Here’s the truth.
It actually took a man with far less compassion than President Goodluck Jonathan to do it.
The removal was first introduced by GEJ, but he couldn’t pull it off because he just cannot bear to see people suffer.
On the contrary, Tinubu doesn’t have that compassion.
Tinubu wey Nigerians insult finish, It's pay back time
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by seanwilliam(m): 10:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
Madmohamed123:
Nigerians are mugu the government just they use your brain because they know that you people are not thinking like a human being

Every year they come out whit this nonsense of removal of subsidy from #85 after Jonathan to #800
By next year they will say we will remove it again and the price will go up to #1600.

The question you Nigerians should ask is why are you still paying subsidy and the price of petrol is going up

Where is the money for subsidy going to

The fact is they don't want to tell you they removed subsidy immediately after buhari take over they just using it to increase the petrol price

The government are working whit oil cabal's they know what they are doing.

They are using back door to increase the petrol price to avoid trick

you’re very daft. I’m sorry to say .
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by ConfidentialDoc: 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
Cng is a 40 year old European technology.... I hope we won't be used as a dumping ground for old begium jalopies.
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by ConfidentialDoc: 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:

My dad's old car used gas....it was converted, and he paid in instalments. It's not cheap converting though

My dad too.
The tank was so heavy the rear of the car sagged terribly
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Japastic: 12:56am On Jun 10, 2023
MarketDispatch:
When it is no longer worth it to smuggle petrol across the border grin
Don't mind the Idi*ts
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 10, 2023
GENES11S:

Many people like to use the world 'gas' too much that's why there is confusion all over the place. Gas is a generalization. It can also be confusing because not all the so-called gas are actually gaseous. Some of them are liguid.

There are cars that use gas. All this big vehicles you see on the road, they don't run on gasoline (petrol), they run on diesel gas (which most Nigerians just call gas).

Diesel is not gas. That's the confusion that crept into Nigerian lexicon. Petrol is gas.
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 10, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:

My dad's old car used gas....it was converted, and he paid in instalments. It's not cheap converting though

Gas as in gaseous substance? Gas as in diesel (which is wrong as diesel is never called gas)?
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 10, 2023
kokorokoman:
i have been seeing vehicles using cng since about 2009 in benin city, a co worker's passat then was hybrid, he uses gas and petrol.

many cars use cng but you wont know, there are some vehicles in benin way back were you will see something like ''this vehicle uses cng gas'' or something like that.

Ok. I never realized that. Thanks for the info.
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by ufotunang: 7:42am On Jun 10, 2023
vanunu:
It is very dangerous to convert a petrol tanker to cng tanker.
..why is it dangerous?
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by ufotunang: 7:44am On Jun 10, 2023
nedu666:
I hve neva seen any car using cng. Who is converting cars from petrol to cng?
.. innoson motors is now selling CNG cars now for nigerians to buy
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by ufotunang: 7:46am On Jun 10, 2023
This is nice
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Madmohamed123: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2023
seanwilliam:
you’re very daft. I’m sorry to say .
I think you are talk about your daft father who give birth to you a useless son
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by IntelligentGoat: 9:47am On Jun 10, 2023
grin
A president that know the ture meaning of power.
figment232:
Buhari nko?
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by owunabastard: 10:53am On Jun 10, 2023
Nectarbaba:
E pain werey. Less air pollution, noise pollution and road congestion! If you can't reason beyond your own selfish interest then tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
ohh these are just your reasons? no more all these if people parked their cars. now I am convinced many commenting here still under their parents roof. Sorry 😔
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Nectarbaba(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2023
owunabastard:
ohh these are just your reasons? no more all these if people parked their cars. now I am convinced many commenting here still under their parents roof. Sorry 😔
You're myopic, I won't respond to you anymore.
Re: 800 Petrol Tankers Converted To Supply Gas – Marketers by Babastrong(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2023
[quote author=Ofunaofu post=123668297]

What did the notorious Narcotic drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture do

Why did he oppose to its removal during Goodluck Jonathan regime [you#still#live#in#the#past.
ok,time#might/not/favour/some/projects]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP / President Buhari's Media Team In A Group Selfie (photos) / Jonathan, Fayose At The Bayelsa PDP Governorship Primary Election Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.