Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,210 members, 7,963,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 01:57 AM

Abaribe: How Orji Kalu Handed My Convoy To His Wife After My Swearing-in As Dpt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe: How Orji Kalu Handed My Convoy To His Wife After My Swearing-in As Dpt (252 Views)

Opposition Planning To Truncate My Swearing-in, Tinubu Raises Alarm / Wike: Policeman In Mufti Blocked My Convoy With AK-47 Rifle / Zulum: Soldiers, Not Boko Haram, Attacked My Convoy – Borno Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abaribe: How Orji Kalu Handed My Convoy To His Wife After My Swearing-in As Dpt by Karemarealty288(m): 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2023
Lawmaker representing Abia South Senatorial district, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, has recounted an experience he had when he was sworn in as Deputy Governor of Abia…

Lawmaker representing Abia South Senatorial district, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, has recounted an experience he had when he was sworn in as Deputy Governor of Abia State.

Abaribe and Orji Uzor Kalu, now a Senator, took oath of office as Governor and Deputy Governor on May 29, 1999.

During an interactive session with journalists in Umuahia, Abia capital, he recounted how his convoy was taken away from him on inauguration day.

“I was sitting at the podium in Umuahia stadium, there was a flashback, I remembered exactly what happened to me as a deputy governor.”

“I went to shake the now deputy governor, Emetu, and I looked at him and I just laughed you know why? On the day I was sworn in, I took the oath first, the governor, Kalu, took the oath, after everything was done and we were to go to Okpara auditorium for lunch, I couldn’t find my vehicle.

“The vehicle was given to me by the departing colonel Obi, a convoy, and we stood there, I and my wife, and we were looking, where is the convoy? Eventually, we managed to scramble into a relative’s vehicle to take us to the event centre.

“We found out that from the field there, somebody had given instruction for the convoy to move and that they were no longer my convoy and it was now designated as the convoy of the wife of the governor.

“When I confronted the governor the next Monday, I said what happened? he said “I didn’t know, they just told me it is my wife’s convoy and I said ok, let them move it. This is the kind of things that people see in politics.

“There are two ways to react; you lie back and take it or you strongly protest and then you are tagged a trouble maker.”

Kalu had not responded to Daily Trust inquiries on the development as of the time this report was filed.

https://dailytrust.com/abaribe-how-orji-kalu-handed-my-convoy-to-his-wife-after-my-swearing-in-as-deputy-governor/

1 Like

Re: Abaribe: How Orji Kalu Handed My Convoy To His Wife After My Swearing-in As Dpt by festacman(m): 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2023
In Presidential system of government, Vice Presidents and Deputy Governors are SPARE TYRES. This is the reality.

Another reality is that no matter how fraternal a governor was with his deputy before election, the fraternity is steadily weakened and eventually killed by the people around the governor. The deputy governor is eventually alienated. if he fights back, he will face manipulated impeachment proceedings.

The reason is very simple: the deputy governor being the only person that will constitutionally and automatically replace the governor in event of death, the people around governor would do everything to protect the governor who is their main source of income for 4 years and if possible 8 years. The stake is too high to sleep on the bicycle! grin

(1) (Reply)

Bandits On Rampage In Niger State, Kill 38 And Kidnap Scores Within 48 Hours / "The Irony Of Political Fortunes: Omisore, Aregbesola, And The Unpredictability / Aregbesola Sent Buhari, Tinubu Important Messeage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.