Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,100 members, 7,887,187 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:24 AM

Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts (7053 Views)

Hushpuppi: Instagram Grants Suspected Fraudster Access To Continue Using Account / Hakeen Odumosu: SARS Operatives Can No Longer Unilaterally Detain Suspects / Police Officer Shot Man In The Leg For Denying Him Access To His Phone (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts by Efoslala1: 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
Have you noticed that since June 1, any loan app you download on Google play store can no longer have access to your phone contacts ?

Yep that's right. I took notice of it today.

This is in line with the updated Google policy which prohibit loan apps from being able to access your contact.

Now, this only applies to apps downloaded from June 1, 2023 if I am correct.

If you have some of those apps in your phone already, before June 1, 2023 don't go mess up o, because they have already accessed and store your contact on their servers before that date.

So the chances that your data is still with them is very high. So don't go and think you can take loan and not want to repay. O boy, they may threaten to send messages to your contacts because they already have them.

Even if you you update your app, I am not sure the data of you they have will wipe of from their system.

So the inability to access your phone contacts came into force on June 1,2023 and applies to all such crazy loan apps that normally abuse customers data and privacy.

The FG effort to curb their illegal activities have Indeed yielded fruit and now that their most abused power to send messages to your contacts have been taken away from them by Google.

Google says if you want to put loan apps on playstore for people to download and use, you cannot access their contact. So give it a try.

Download any of the loan apps today and see the permissions it will ask for. It will ask for permission for camera, your location, to read your messages and boom that's all. No more permission to access your phone contacts.

So be informed.

But remember, some of them have also modified their apps to request for two or three emergency contacts when filling details I to the apps if you wish to get loans from them. That's all they can do now.

So nobody can threaten you that they will send messages to your contacts if the app was downloaded from June 1,2023. Where will they see the contacts from when Google didn't allow them to access it ?

Now if you are thinking of borrowing and not repaying, be sure those loan apps will go after your BVN, forward it to Credit Bureau and CBN to blacklist your BVN so you can't get loans from other companies. Worst still, they can slap your account with Global Standing Order to forcefully take their money on any account your BVN is linked to. So before you even know money was transferred to your account, your Bank will simply have been debited of the money you owe and remit to the companies you owe.

That kind thing dey pain o.

Learn now. Nor talk say you know know o.

And they equally publish your info on social media.

However if you know your left from your right, when any loan app company trample on your rights and you have solid evidence and cash to fight the case in court, my brother or sister , sue the company for all the money they have.

The chances of getting 5million in damages are very high because there are now clear laws in Nigeria that protects your digital rights and privacy. Know the laws and use it to bite them when necessary.

I told one loan app company, any time you guys break Nigerian law that protects my rights, I will sue you guys for all the money I can get.

And I meant it.

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts by Acekidc4(m): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
Good News for Loan Collectors.

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts by Illegal1(m): 5:34am On Jun 10, 2023
Omoh.........getting used to loan apps is the worst mistake of my life..

i dey vex for myslf each time i remeber money wen i waste jst to pay dis people...

i still dey owe 5 apps almost 250k bt i made up my mind not to pay again over a year nah ,the one i dn pay dn reach..

i was collecting frm loan A to pay loan B and so on bcus i don't want their harrasment..bt wen water pass garri,i jst told them to call any body wen dem wn call,i can't kill myslf

8 Likes

Re: Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts by Nitingale(m): 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2023
I'm a novice in tech sector. I wanted to apply for loan in Okash but was scared of their request of my BVN no. Is it secured to carry on?

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts by Efoslala1: 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2023
No stress giving them yourbvn so long you are sure you are using the genuine okash loan spp
Re: Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:52am On Jun 14, 2023
With palmplay, dem no come publish oo, dey come play with una "dey play "
Re: Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts by TrustNone: 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2023
Illegal1:
Omoh.........getting used to loan apps is the worst mistake of my life..

i dey vex for myslf each time i remeber money wen i waste jst to pay dis people...

i still dey owe 5 apps almost 250k bt i made up my mind not to pay again over a year nah ,the one i dn pay dn reach..

i was collecting frm loan A to pay loan B and so on bcus i don't want their harrasment..bt wen water pass garri,i jst told them to call any body wen dem wn call,i can't kill myslf
so which one are you currently owing?
My loan expired two days ago and palmcredit is on my neck

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts by Illegal1(m): 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2023
TrustNone:
so which one are you currently owing? My loan expired two days ago and palmcredit is on my neck
omoh,......i still dey owe 5 of them.
newcredit,xcash,xcrosscash,joycash and xcredit...

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts by TrustNone: 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2023
Illegal1:

omoh,......i still dey owe 5 of them.

newcredit,xcash,xcrosscash,joycash and xcredit...
them no message your contacts?

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts by Illegal1(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2023
TrustNone:
them no message your contacts?
omoh........i no get any governor for my contact list.

them message my oga and sum few people,las las them tire to call me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts by TrustNone: 10:46pm On Aug 11, 2023
Illegal1:

But wen water pass garri,i jst told them to call any body wen dem wn call,i can't kill myslf
hahaha this line off me I swear Chai cheesy
Currently loan apps don't have access to contacts again so they can't do shit.
The interest rate is wickedness.
Can you imagine the idiots giving me 34k loan to repay 46k in just 28 days.
Worst of it all no be say person dey carry the money do better thing

2 Likes

Re: Loan Apps No Longer Have Access To Your Phone Contacts by Jafar1: 5:14am On Feb 18
na which app be that wey give u that kind amount?

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Herdsmen Attack Bilachi Community In Adamawa / Opinion Poll: Celestial Bath Is It Ethical And Scriptural? / Gun Explosion Killed Three Children In Taraba – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.