Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:03 PM

Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku (762 Views)

"Hope Obi supporters Believe Now That Lagos Belongs To The Yorubas" - MC Oluomo / Those That Believed That Lagos Is A "No Man's Land" Have Been humiliated - FFK / Inspection Of Obuaku Seaport Site In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by NaijaCowFarm: 10:34am On Jun 10, 2023
The only thing that make Lagos attractive is the business opportunities. Take away trade, Lagos will be like Calabar or even Warri or even Oshogbo

Back in the 80s and early 90s, Warri was competing with Lagos in terms of commercial activities. Then the "indegenes" turned hostile to the visitors. Today, Warri has become a village or rather a ghost town. Even the seaport is effectively dead.

The new governor of Abia has a blank chequer on his hands now. This is the time to expand Obuaku city by creating the likes of:
1 Trade fair complex in Abia
2. A similmitude of Computer village
3. A replica of Ladipo spare parts market
4. A new Alaba international in Obuaku
5. Recreate a new oshodi market.
6. Give 20 years tax holidays to companies, banks and other businesses investing in the Obuaku Free Trade zone
7. Go into joint partnership with constructors of new 5000 houses for a start.
Kickstart Abia industrial revolution

Create a free trade zone the size of Lekki Penninsula and see the wonders of human determination. Igbos will build the city in less than 5 years. As population grows, go into PPP to develop infrastructure. The decadence years of Ikpeazu and others need to be wiped away.

Make Obiaku a free trade zone, people will travel far and wide to come to Obuaku once they know that is where they can get their products.
Dubai has no standard seaport before it became what it is now but it is very big trading center.

To my Igbo friends, begin to gradually relocate your businesses. If you hold 100% investments in Lagos, move 40% to the East and plan on exiting in 15 years. If you are about to build, look towards Asaba, Onitsha, Obuaku city. Igbos should have a 10 - 15 years exit plan from Lagos. It is doable.
You did in Warri, you can do it again.

Leave Lagos and let the hostile "indigenous" people see the slum they own.

Thank me by 2033. Shalom!!!

6 Likes

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by donbachi(m): 10:38am On Jun 10, 2023
Just one refinery... their heads dey big

1 Like

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by Wodu89: 10:40am On Jun 10, 2023
Don't say it again. I'm relocating 80% of my future businesses home..last last na 30-40ft trucks go dey load am go other areas and na consumers go pay for the logistics on top price of commodity. When 1-5 million businesses and 10 million work force leaves Lagos their eyes go clear of bigotry

10 Likes

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by HitlerWasRight: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:
The only thing that make Lagos attractive is the business opportunities. Take away trade, Lagos will be like Calabar or even Warri or even Oshogbo

Back in the 80s and early 90s, Warri was competing with Lagos in terms of commercial activities. Then the "indegenes" turned hostile to the visitors. Today, Warri has become a village or rather a ghost town. Even the seaport is effectively dead.

The new governor of Abia has a blank chequer on his hands now. This is the time to expand Obuaku city by creating the likes of:
6. Give 20 years tax holidays to companies, banks and other businesses investing in the Obuaku Free Trade zone

Create a free trade zone the size of Lekki Penninsula and see the wonders of human determination. Igbos will build the city in less than 5 years. As population grows, go into PPP to develop infrastructure. The decadence years of Ikpeazu and others need to be wiped away.

Make Obiaku a free trade zone, people will travel far and wide to come to Obuaku once they know that is where they can get their products.
Dubai has no standard seaport before it became what it is now but it is very big trading center.

To my Igbo friends, begin to gradually relocate your businesses. If you hold 100% investments in Lagos, move 40% to the East and plan on exiting in 15 years. If you are about to build, look towards Asaba, Onitsha, Obuaku city. Igbos should have a 10 - 15 years exit plan from Lagos. It is doable.

The entire point of the proposed indigene bill is to chase you out of Lagos and the SW .

Start packing .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by HitlerWasRight: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2023
Wodu89:
Don't say it again. I'm relocating 80% of my future businesses home..last last na 30-40ft trucks go dey load am go other areas and na consumers go pay for the logistics on top price of commodity. When 1-5 million businesses and 10 million work force leaves Lagos their eyes go clear of bigotry

Osuegbe , your exit will only pave way for genuine upright people to fill up.

For your 0koro mind Nigerians will be travelling to your yeast to buy your cheap imported crap .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by Wodu89: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

For your 0koro mind Nigerians will be travelling to your yeast to buy your cheap imported crap .

Who will fill when we employ our own ?

I'm not igbo but the Yoruba hate has gotten to me and have exceeded my limits

8 Likes

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by NaijaCowFarm: 11:03am On Jun 10, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

The entire point of the proposed indigene bill is to chase you out of Lagos and the SW .

Start packing .

Your point is noted and the message also passed to the right audiences. It will shock you soon.

4 Likes

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by HitlerWasRight: 11:04am On Jun 10, 2023
Wodu89:

Who will fill when we employ our own ?

I'm not igbo but the Yoruba hate has gotten to me and have exceeded my limits

0koro, for your mind , Nigerians will be travelling to your yeast to buy your imported chinko crap .

Start packing and see how quickly others take over .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by HitlerWasRight: 11:05am On Jun 10, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:

Your point is noted and the message also passed to the right audiences. It will shock you soon.

And when you leave ,let's see who will be coming to your evil forests region.

This is Biafra lite dem dey do Una mumu people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by HitlerWasRight: 11:19am On Jun 10, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:

Shock ?

As in how ?

The point is to make your nuisance populace leave Lagos.

0koro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by D1official: 11:19am On Jun 10, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

0koro, for your mind , Nigerians will be travelling to your yeast to buy your imported chinko crap .

Even Ivorian's buy from Onitcha. Oshogbo man travel and you say NO.

Just see the way you disgracing yourself, trust me the incidence of Lagos is more beneficial to igbos perhaps even more than Obi's presidency.

Your eyes go clear in few years to come.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by Wodu89: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

Trust me. Many have started moving businesses using caterpillars.to clear and create new cities. When we create online stores, don't buy, consumers will come. West African market dey dia

Ode

3 Likes

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by HenryWilliams(m): 11:33am On Jun 10, 2023
Not holding brief for anyone.
The igbos exiting Lagos to site their businesses in the East would be foolhady for several reasons.
1. They'll still need to import thru Western ports and transport back East. That's revenue for Lagos and FG. cost of items will increase..
2. The target market is Lagos and SW. why site your business far away? Just to spite your noses?
3. Over competition.. if y'all move back to Alaigbo.. y'all be selling the same thing in an enclosed region not known for in house purchases. Igbos need others to buy from them.
To be honest . I'll be glad if they leave.
Others will come and take opportunity of their abscence and set up more quality supply chain distribution of goods and services.
At least the population will significantly reduce with the attendant crime reduction.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by HitlerWasRight: 11:34am On Jun 10, 2023
Wodu89:

Trust me. Many have started moving businesses using caterpillars.to clear and create new cities. When we create online stores, don't buy, consumers will come. West African market dey dia

Ode

Lolz

That's the point.

Stay your lane

Unlike you covetous Jew wannabe bastards, nobody is putting eye in your region .

Go home

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by HitlerWasRight: 11:35am On Jun 10, 2023
D1official:

Even Ivorian's buy from Onitcha. Oshogbo man travel and you say NO.

Just see the way you disgracing yourself, trust me the incidence of Lagos is more beneficial to igbos perhaps even more than Obi's presidency.

Your eyes go clear in few years to come.

That's the point.

Go home and take your crooked ventures there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by Wodu89: 11:35am On Jun 10, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

Lolz

That's the point.

Stay your lane

Unlike you covetous Jew wannabe bastards, nobody is putting eye in your region .

Go home

I left Lagos years ago hommie kiss

1 Like

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by HitlerWasRight: 11:36am On Jun 10, 2023
Wodu89:

I left Lagos years ago hommie kiss

Great

Now get your fellow 0sus to follow your path.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by Walai(m): 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2023
Sometimes it's better not to expose your ignorance by keeping quiet.
Your comment shows you lack basic understanding of how modern commerce works.

HenryWilliams:
The igbos exiting Lagos to site their businesses in the East would be foolhady for several reasons.
1. They'll still need to import thru Western ports and transport back East. That's revenue for Lagos and FG. cost of items will increase..
2. The target market is Lagos and SW. why site your business far away? Just to spite your noses?
3. Over competition.. if y'all move back to Alaigbo.. y'all be selling the same thing in an enclosed region not known for in house purchases. Igbos need others to buy from them.
Others will come and take opportunity of their abscence and set up more quality supply chain distribution of goods and services.
At least the population will significantly reduce with the attendant crime reduction.

1 Like

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by gidgiddy: 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2023
Igbos have already begun the repartration of investments back home. The last election in Lagos was the final eyeopener for Igbos who called Lagos home. While Igbos will continue to do business in Lagos, gone are the days they will invest in multiple landed properties in Lagos which they know they might have abandon one day

Im into properties and I have seen a large number of Igbos based in Lagos prefare buying or building properties in the East rather than Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by figment232(m): 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

Genuine people like kasali the mechanic

1 Like

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by gidgiddy: 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2023
HenryWilliams:

All of this means nothing if you have no sense of belonging in Lagos. Better to move your investment where you feel at home than where you dont

2 Likes

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by nedu666: 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
HenryWilliams:

If millions of lgbos leave lagos, there will be no need for thousands of bank branch, private schools, hospitals, hotels, sme, eateries etc. Also there will be less traffic, less money for agberos, reduction in cost of land, rents, all those 100 million for plot of land will calm down. Population is what lagos got going for it. Half that population and peace and sanity will return to lagos. Igbo land needs investment and only lgbos returning home can make it happen

3 Likes

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by Okwyjesus(m): 12:28pm On Jun 10, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:

I don't want to think for Otti. Am sure he knows what to do.

I wish all his court case can be withdrawn so he can settle down.

ABA glory must be restored. If that is done all RIVERS, BAYELSA, DELTA AKWA IBOM AND CROSS RIVER will turn back to ABA for business needs as before

1 Like

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by AYOBANNA: 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2023
I can bet Otto will pick this up. Not just Obuaku City but the 9,000 hectares Enyimba City. I shall take this up with the state
Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by abdeefggh: 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2023
Stop deluding yourself, ibos population in Lagos is very small compared to yorubas plus majority of the reasonable companies and shops in Lagos are owned by foreigners, 90% of the structures in developed places like Ikeja and VI are not even residential.

You people should stop deceiving ignorant people here, you have nothing in Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by Twist4u: 9:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
The destiny of Igbo nation is in their hands and within grabs if they engineer the will power.

They have the cutting edge to drive an economy to fruition.

All that is require is the leadership factor.

I see Soludo and Otti exude this capacity to lead this first steps and show direction

It's only a matter of time..

1 Like

Re: Now That Lagos Has Become Anti-trade, Can Otti Revive Obuaku by Easternmind(m): 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2023
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu's Claim He Funded PDP / Kogi2023: Governor Bello Receives Hon Faleke Ahead Of Election. / Breaking: The Exact Similarity Of Mmesomma & Tinubu's Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.